DCS: MiG-25RBT Mod Announcement

but why though? there's already an AI version of the RBT. does AI aircraft require licensing to be put in the main game?

Licensing with ED. Because it's an owned commercial product. Want your stuff in their game, they have to approve it and you have to sign a license with them.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Magnificent bird. Which year RBT variant became operational?

Edit: I've found it's from 1980. It would be like Me-262 - attack him during take off and landing.

Playing on MP PvP servers i'm sure even fighter MiG-25 variant would have it's role.

Edited by bies

• 2 weeks later...

Will the "runaway rpm, engine over speeding phenomenon, without careful engine management by the pilot between speeds 2.5 Mach and 2.8 Mach," to paraphrase Belyenko upon pilot operation of the MiG-25, be modelled? Belyenko said the issue was so serious that airspeed was normally restricted to 2.5 Mach without special permission to exceed this for the sortie, such as a live fire missile interception or other emergency worthy of sacrificing the aircraft.

IIRC Mikoyan OKB validated the American 1970s folklore of the MiG25RB-series being capable of airspeeds in excess of Mach 3, when the Israeli incident is cited. A Russian MiG25RB with Egyptian markings was clocked by Israeli ground stations in the early 70s, exceeding 3.2 Mach whilst fleeing Israeli F4 Phantoms over Jordan. Russian reports mention this incident and remark that the engines experienced over speeding and were destroyed during the flight, the airframe exceeded maximum 2.83 Mach Mikoyan design limit

and so was also scrapped upon landing, most likely all the aerials, sensors and various avionics systems would be damaged and melted by friction, Mikoyan advises aerials and cockpit framing begins melting beyond 2.83 Mach and therefore is unsafe, although the aircraft is capable of exceeding it.

Is the modelling for the pilot view of flying the aircraft planned to include some of the high mach mythology of the Foxbat such as these remarks?

wow, cool history right there !

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

We're still here and still alive :) Now that the holiday period is out of the way work is resuming. Not much to show at this point, mostly coding work. Once I have enough to show you I will post another major update post, but will answer any questions people have in the meantime.

Thanks for your continued interest and support everyone :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I got one question for you cosmicdoubloon.

What weapons is going to have?

Our MiG-25RBT will be equipped with:

FAB-100,250,500 general purpose bombs

FAB-500T Special purpose bomb - This variant of the FAB-500 was made to withstand transit and weapon drop from mach 2+.

SAB-100 illumination bombs

BETAB-500 anti-runway bomb (not sure about the upgraded BETAB-500SHP version, will find out)

Recon cameras and pods.

As far as the documentation and information we have shows, contrary to popular belief the MiG-25RBT did not carry any air to air missiles, not even R-60s for self defence. Its primary method of defence was speed and altitude, but certain versions were equipped with an RWR.

Hope this answers your question :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
Our MiG-25RBT will be equipped with:

FAB-100,250,500 general purpose bombs

FAB-500T Special purpose bomb - This variant of the FAB-500 was made to withstand transit and weapon drop from mach 2+.

SAB-100 illumination bombs

BETAB-500 anti-runway bomb (not sure about the upgraded BETAB-500SHP version, will find out)

Recon cameras and pods.

As far as the documentation and information we have shows, contrary to popular belief the MiG-25RBT did not carry any air to air missiles, not even R-60s for self defence. Its primary method of defence was speed and altitude, but certain versions were equipped with an RWR.

Hope this answers your question :thumbup:

make it a module please

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

• 3 weeks later...

AMAZING JOB!

sorry for the caps (intended) :D

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really want this in DCS. Any news? =)

i9 13900k 5.5Ghz; ASUS TUF RTX 3090 OC 24GB; 64GB ddr5 6400mhz cl30; 7 Tb SSD NVMe; 2Tb HDD; 20Tb NAS ZFS RAID1; LG 34GN850 3440x1440 160hz IPS; Hotas Warthog + VPC ACE Flight Rudder Pedals; TrackIR5; Quest3; DX3 Pro+ and HiFiMan Edition XS 

MacBook PRO 16' 2023 M3 Max (14cpu-30gpu), DDR5 36Gb, 1Tb + 2Tb 990PRO Ext

Hi all,

Apologies for the lack of content, times have been turbulent for us all. Work has slowed over the last couple of months, partially due to impacts from the Coronavirus and partially due to one of our main developers moving house (and country in the process!). However work does continue albeit at a slower pace than we would like.

We are currently finalising some content behind the curtains and we hope to be in a position to show something off in the coming few weeks and I'll post a more complete update and project progression report when these few bits and pieces are finalised and we're ready to move to the next stage of the project.

Thanks to everyone for your continued interest!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi all,

Apologies for the lack of content, times have been turbulent for us all. Work has slowed over the last couple of months, partially due to impacts from the Coronavirus and partially due to one of our main developers moving house (and country in the process!). However work does continue albeit at a slower pace than we would like.

We are currently finalising some content behind the curtains and we hope to be in a position to show something off in the coming few weeks and I'll post a more complete update and project progression report when these few bits and pieces are finalised and we're ready to move to the next stage of the project.

Thanks to everyone for your continued interest!

Is Sirius still working on this or did your TL leave?

Is Sirius still working on this or did your TL leave?

Sirius is helping the team out, primarily with research/translation of documents and being an extra pair of hands for the coding team. I'm not sure what you mean by TL, but if you mean team leader, he's not one. Thanks :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...
As far as I know the Iranian F-14's kicked the shit out of so many of the Iraqi planes that even the guys flying MiG-25's were running away from them if they saw the Tomcat's signature on their RWR.....

Well at least they've been the only ones who actually could rainbowdashwink.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg