DCS: MiG-25RBT Mod Announcement

On 1/15/2021 at 4:32 PM, cro_mig_21 said:

Coll still alive. 

Quote from link above.

Vapour Labs

9 January at 10:17 · 

Hello, all.

Firstly, yes, we're still alive! However, we have unfortunately had our hands tied on our end due to the massively serious implications of COVID-19 having affected every single one of our lives on the team. Every team member has sadly been extremely busy and focused on their own personal lives as a result of the situation, and hope that we can slowly move out of what has been since happening. We're hoping to pick back up on our progress for 2021 and resume our development as normal with updates coming around the Q2 mark. We apologize for the abhorrent delay in everyone receiving information from our end.

We have been contacted as well about having the MiG-25RBT becoming a potential 3rd party module, however, this is still in talks. Thank you all for your continued support. For the time being, we will leave you with a render of the current PBR texture work on the cockpit.

Vapour Labs Team.

137566767_592842001561738_8389799223131922476_o.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If you guys make it official, maybe we can get a more advanced version with Air-Air weaponry like the R-40 or better missiles, so i'm all aboard on that.

(Besides slappin the F-14 with long ramge AAM gonna feel good)

Edited by TheNicePig
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2021 at 9:47 PM, TheNicePig said:

If you guys make it official, maybe we can get a more advanced version with Air-Air weaponry like the R-40 or better missiles, so i'm all aboard on that.

(Besides slappin the F-14 with long ramge AAM gonna feel good)

Agreed, I personally don't see myself buying an RBT with no R-40 even though I love the Foxbat.

• Like 1

I can see myself buying a RBT just fine. But having both would be great indeed.

But supersonic CCRP from orbit with a whole bunch of FAB-500s with RBT has its own weird charm too :D.

If this can indeed become a module, I would LOVE them to expand it, payware if need be, with PD and BM too, so we'd have one of each flavor of foxbat: recon bomber, interceptor, SEAD. Flight characteristics wise they shouldn't differ too crazily, they'd share a decent number of systems too, so the additional work would be most heavy on the art side, with coding of variant specific systems following. At least coding the radar in PD's case should be quite a job though.

• Like 4

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Any mig25 is fine, I just want study level if possible. Of course, if it stays a mod and ressources are limited, I'd still be happy to play the way it is and probably donate for this cause but ideally, I'd wish for it to be a complete DCS level simulation for which case, I'd go straight for it no matter the price.

Edited by notproplayer3
  • Like 2

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

On 3/10/2021 at 10:03 AM, Jmontezuma said:

Agreed, I personally don't see myself buying an RBT with no R-40 even though I love the Foxbat.

No RBT could use the R-40, since it lacked appropriate radar. It was a recce aircraft first with bombing capabilities second.

It would be nice if there was an actual role for recce, though. Perhaps the dynamic campaign will provide that; missions could be generated to fly over an area and take pictures and get SLR data that would lead to attacks on high-priority targets. Could also be used for BDA.

But until ED puts in some work for actual recce, there's limited work modders can hope to do.

• 1 month later...
On 3/14/2021 at 2:50 AM, Xeno426 said:

No RBT could use the R-40, since it lacked appropriate radar. It was a recce aircraft first with bombing capabilities second.

It would be nice if there was an actual role for recce, though. Perhaps the dynamic campaign will provide that; missions could be generated to fly over an area and take pictures and get SLR data that would lead to attacks on high-priority targets. Could also be used for BDA.

But until ED puts in some work for actual recce, there's limited work modders can hope to do.

This has been one of the main sticking points for the mod. The aircraft itself is reasonably simple in the grand scheme of things, work is good in this regard, and systems + weapons are also making progress, but there simply isn't the means for us to model the recce element without access to the SDK. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

Hello. Any news?

i9 13900k 5.5Ghz; ASUS TUF RTX 3090 OC 24GB; 64GB ddr5 6400mhz cl30; 7 Tb SSD NVMe; 2Tb HDD; 20Tb NAS ZFS RAID1; LG 34GN850 3440x1440 160hz IPS; Hotas Warthog + VPC ACE Flight Rudder Pedals; TrackIR5; Quest3; DX3 Pro+ and HiFiMan Edition XS 

MacBook PRO 16' 2023 M3 Max (14cpu-30gpu), DDR5 36Gb, 1Tb + 2Tb 990PRO Ext

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2021 at 2:05 PM, RajeshBT said:

Please add key binds for control stick (arrow keys) in the initial release. 🙏 

If you're no-sticking it i recommend getting vJoy with UCR (AHK ver) to turn your mouse into a stick, works like a charm, if i can fly helos with it there's nothing it can't fly

• 3 weeks later...

Any news?

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

• 4 weeks later...

Any news? 

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I think it's only out of respect now to be complete transparent about what's been going on with the project.

My name is Sirius and I am the "Lead Director" which is some title I gave myself 2 years ago working on the project before realizing owner would be better fitting. I supervise all of the development aspects of the Vapour Labs team and what goes on with the MiG-25RBT. There have been a lot of reasons towards why we have been unable to be good at providing information; COVID giving us a belated welcoming gift of making many of us work full-time jobs as well as stressing our communication abilities internally.

I want to be the person who makes the apology to the modding community and rest of the DCS community in masse because of this. We all have personal reasons that we can give to explain each and everyone's absence in the project.

What's the status of the MiG-25RBT mod?

Right now it's in a current state of limbo -- it's not dead but it's not really alive at all either, and that's because the whole team in vogue has been very busy with their own lives and other interests at this time. COVID-19 made us stub our toes on everything since, which subsequently led to having problems with being able to hold internal weekly meetings again, communicating on what's being progressed on and vice versa.

Me, myself?

Above with all of the other reasons, not even I myself have had the time to make any basic attempt of communicating to the other team members. My public relations person, Cosmic (who I personally trust and had trusted to the time) was the one who posted everything because I was afraid of ever revealing myself. Over time, I began to realize that my fear retroactively affected communication itself to the community. Since 3 years ago joining the modding community and prematurely leaving it, I continued to wear my heart up high on my sleeve, wanting to show that quietly working on something and actually doing it the "right" and proper way would show that I changed. But since, I believe that is all but a little silly except the "don't show something before you can say you have progress" mentality, which I still adopt to this day.

How far is the MiG-25RBT in development?

I can give a fairly confident answer on this that a lot of the basic systems, e.g. the landing gears, hydraulics, electrical, (+ buses and circuitry components) controls and cockpit have been already coded in their entirety. The development of the mod is broken down into these areas:

- Systems Programming

- Flight Model Programming

- Documentation Translating

- Modeling, Animation and Graphics

- Testing

The team in total used to be around 13 members in size, but because of COVID as mentioned and other interests, it eventually dropped down to 5. We had brought along an aerospace engineer, a very good 3D modeler who used to work for a 3rd party of DCS and native Russian speakers who could give us the most authentic results when we were trying to translate the documentation on flight performance, the engineers manual and a (stupidly censored) pilots manual. I went out of my own way to personally make flights out in Ohio to go see one of the last preserved models of the Foxbat in a museum.

What's going to happen to this project?

We've honestly heard a lot of feedback and requests for us to take the 3rd party route. I've never been against the idea of the Foxbat being potentially buyable, although I've really liked the idea of having something made by the community; for the community. The reason's for this are pretty simple:

1. I don't feel like I deserve to be a 3rd party developer with my history and skills.

2. We don't have the technical employment requirements to be registered as such by Eagle Dynamics.

We have also considered before to do one of two things:

1. Continue the development of our mod independently as the team currently stands, and/or find more members to join our team.

2. Join forces with another modding team.

I have not really made a decision on either, but I am sure that I will give more information as time goes on.

I would like to thank everyone for the strong support and unwavering commotion to our progress on the development of this mod. It really means so much to everyone on the Vapour Labs team, not just me. I hope to post more soon. If you guys have any questions, concerns or suggestions/feedback, please don't hesitate. We value everyone's words equally here as all we want to do is make a good mod for you. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8

hey,

first of all, never forget, that you don't owe us anything (regardless of how some people here think). Second, the reasons why some projects stall and contiune slowly are yours and yours alone (team members), again, you are not paid by any of us to deliver anything. Personally I would love if you continue your work, but not if is a burdeon on you. Moding is act of love and it must be from both sides, giving and receiving...

I hope everything will go well for all of you and that one day, you will deliver Mig-25....if not, no hard feelings 🙂

• Like 5

That's why I see no point on making "announcing" threads unless you are 90% finished and you just want more people on the team to push through the last 10%. 

The real good mods around here were done like this.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Thank you for reply, I really hope you continue the work! I would love to see a MiG-25 as mod or module.

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

21 minutes ago, FoxAlfa said:

Thank you for reply, I really hope you continue the work! I would love to see a MiG-25 as mod or module.

Hi, seen you Deviantart Profile you are quiet good at 3D, you can give a great hand to the MOD ! to just hoping 😉 will be a pleasure for me to make it fly as a MOD.

MOD Logo - 100.png

19 hours ago, freebirddz said:

Hi, seen you Deviantart Profile you are quiet good at 3D, you can give a great hand to the MOD ! to just hoping 😉 will be a pleasure for me to make it fly as a MOD.

Hey, I would love too, unfortunately my 3D modeling and also C++ coding days are a bit behind me for now, too big of workload in my RL game dev work and child incoming... hopefully, once things settle in future, I would love to try grasping an DCS mod stuff...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

-------

30 minutes ago, FoxAlfa said:

Hey, I would love too, unfortunately my 3D modeling and also C++ coding days are a bit behind me for now, too big of workload in my RL game dev work and child incoming... hopefully, once things settle in future, I would love to try grasping an DCS mod stuff...

unfortunately ! at any time community will always need good hands, congratulations for then coming child

MOD Logo - 100.png

The only option is to make the team more known (use Discord for example to create a channel and bring people in) and try t have always the idea that people in the team can and will leave. Make it more like a wiki or github than "A team".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

At the end you can't oblige people to work when they don't want to, the options are will known for every one with good enthusiast, some time real life go against that and kill people's ambitions, like this team and many community other one ! unfortunately, as this one too : https://github.com/cppimmo/DCS-MiG-25P-Mod

this is the community and the work in free time, we just need to respect peoples and hope others come to continue the work.

244571363_1017421505709882_8863988464204696861_n.png

MOD Logo - 100.png