DCS: MiG-25RBT Mod Announcement

wow, is this beauty having a new 3-d model or using the stone aged ED one? the picture is looking amazing and like it has and updated 3d-model for the mig-25 pd!! has somebody already installed this mod and can provide more info/screenshots?

Edited by flanker1

9 hours ago, flanker1 said:

wow, is this beauty having a new 3-d model or using the stone aged ED one? the picture is looking amazing and like it has and updated 3d-model for the mig-25 pd!! has somebody already installed this mod and can provide more info/screenshots?

That screen from the wild, just point to started and stopped projects ! like this one ! the major problem for full fidelity module is data, Red aircraft data are more difficult, rare and mostly can't be reviled even for some old aircraft and that make it impossible.

MOD Logo - 100.png

On 10/6/2021 at 2:18 AM, zaelu said:

The only option is to make the team more known (use Discord for example to create a channel and bring people in) and try t have always the idea that people in the team can and will leave. Make it more like a wiki or github than "A team".

We already utilize Discord, and have been using it since the beginning of the MiG-25RBT project in 2017. However, it's an internal "eyes-only" team server that we have since plans were to make a new/separate public one once we had more to go off of but.. yeah.

I do actually have a GitHub, you can find it here: https://github.com/goverfl0w. We also have an organization on GitHub but the repositories are kept private (don't want our alpha code being seen by people! :P) that can be found here: https://github.com/vapourlabs.

My Discord is fl0w#0001.

Edited by Sirius
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

If there was anything to share, they would have shared it. COVID19 kills everything it touches, obviously.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately, our personal lives take precedence over our time being able to work on our favorite hobbies or pastime interests. If I am able to recoordinate and resurrect this project, then I will do everything in my power to deliver a promise to the public that this mod will remain in-development. However, I cannot promise that currently.

End of the day, I want to make this a thing as much as everyone else. I will try my best to give everyone here a concrete answer within the next few weeks for what I can and can't do. See you all very soon.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 7/28/2022 at 11:58 PM, fl0w said:

Unfortunately, our personal lives take precedence over our time being able to work on our favorite hobbies or pastime interests. If I am able to recoordinate and resurrect this project, then I will do everything in my power to deliver a promise to the public that this mod will remain in-development. However, I cannot promise that currently.

End of the day, I want to make this a thing as much as everyone else. I will try my best to give everyone here a concrete answer within the next few weeks for what I can and can't do. See you all very soon.

Best of luck to you!

@fl0wcompletely understandable that personal life takes precedence however if you are sure that you are unable to dedicate the time and effort needed to complete this mod then why not make it a community mod? Give the plethora of talented DCS MOD makers a chance to make this available to the general public, surely it would be a disservice to not. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/7/2022 at 6:03 AM, CharlieNovemberTango69 said:

@fl0wcompletely understandable that personal life takes precedence however if you are sure that you are unable to dedicate the time and effort needed to complete this mod then why not make it a community mod? Give the plethora of talented DCS MOD makers a chance to make this available to the general public, surely it would be a disservice to not. 

You're absolutely right. And, frankly, I want this project to succeed more than anyone else. It upsets me knowing that life takes the upper hand of my time, availability and commitment.

That said, I won't let that stop me from achieving what I want. The MiG-25RBT will happen: a community mod by the people, for the people. This is the one thing, despite years of poorly backed up promises in the modding community, that I will absolutely commit myself to making happen. Vapour Labs has currently made what we consider "vaporware" here, and I want to turn that into software.

In the next few weeks, there will be a GitHub organisation and set of repositories set up for the project. There's still plenty of work remaining to be done on the MiG, and just to be transparent, almost everything besides the 3D models have been lost due to struggles during COVID-19. But I'm absolutely willing and committed to continuing, even it means I have to start almost from scratch again. I really wasn't a knowledgeable nor good modder years ago, and there's plenty of things I still regret, but I want to make this project not only a redemption to the community but a gift that sets a higher standard.

The DCS: MiG-25RBT Mod will happen because the community here is freaking awesome, and I can't lose grip of something that people also want besides myself. Positions will be opening up soon due to the result of COVID-19 eliminating most of my original team backing up the project.

Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-25 - Wikimedia Commons

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
31 minutes ago, kolpakov_79 said:

Мои моды - результат работы не только меня. Мои не для личного пользования, а частные.

А с какой целью вы выставляете это? Чтобы вас похвалили и порадовались за вас-частников? 

• 1 month later...

Perhaps, we really need an aircraft like the Mig 25 capable of flying at 20,000 meters and reaching a top speed of Mach 2.83. It would be a strong opponent against the F 15 C/E or F 14 . I can understand that they cannot develop the Mig 31 but the Mig 25 has nothing secret anymore, everyone knows the story of the Russian pilot's defection with a Mig 25 at the time of the cold war. It has also not been used for many years . If I was able to create a mod I think I would do that or a vertical take-off aircraft like Yak 141 or Yak 38.

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]My dream: DCS Tornado