Mirage Radar under rework

=DECOY=

I don't know what do you mean by that. I practiced a lot of engagement Vs AI Fox 3 shooters, and I do get RWR warning when the missile goes pitbull on me "M" on the RWR.

But this is kind of off topic.

I mean that the missile seekers should have a own dedicated search pattern for their target findings, where they first start from the predicted position when the seeker is activated. And if the target is not in exactly the FOV of the seeker head, it needs to start a search pattern function where it must start scanning the space in their frontal hemisphere.

And if the missile has cut the datalink connection to guiding platform (AIM-120C) then it doesn't get any assistance from there. And you need to have the target still correct for the missile itself as it can find anything there (chaff etc) and it needs to have a good picture that what is the original target instead going after first target it sees there.

So it should take time from the missile to scan the space, build a complex picture of the objects front of it and then decide that what was the target it was guided upon to be destroyed.

And whole time it needs to perform short quick track of the targets so it knows their headings, speeds etc, compare it to the last update over datalink before seeker went active (requiring multiple updates) and then go after the "correct" one.

Now in DCS once the seeker goes active, it will fly straight to the correct target without any hesitation, no searching, no calculations etc.

Why you really want to launch missiles in STT mode so the missile gets constant information where the target is as soon it cuts its datalink and seeker goes active.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 2 months later...