Losing Mouse in VR

atrcaptainjohn

Hi guys, I have just started using the Oculus Rift S, and this is the first VR that I have ever used. I finally figured out that I had to disable the hand controllers to get the mouse to work in cockpit, which I did. Things were going along well, but when the last update came out at the end of last week I started having trouble with my mouse. Sometimes it will work fine, and sometimes it will park itself toward the bottom left of the screen and I will not be able to move it until I right click. After the right click I can move it to whatever switch I want to throw, but as soon as I click on the switch it will immediately park itself again at the lower left until I right click again. I figure I am doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what. Does anyone have any ideas? This is in OpenBeta 2.5 if that matters.

Thanks

Edited by atrcaptainjohn

"Use mouse" in the VR controls menu ?

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Yes, I have that selected. And "Use Hand Controllers" is not selected. Everything seemed to be working fine before I did the last update, then this started happening. I have only had the Rift S for about 2 weeks, but I have been doing the training missions on the F-18C and the A-10C, and it's driving me nuts because when it happens I have to start the training mission again.

Usb power settings ? Could it be entering "sleep" mode ? Otherwise try DCS repair ?

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Usb power settings ? Could it be entering "sleep" mode ? Otherwise try DCS repair ?

No, disabling USB sleep in Win10- was the 1st thing I did when I set it up. My rig runs Win7 as it's main OS, and I installed Win10 on a separate SSD along with DCS World and the VR software. That is basically the only thing that is on that SSD. So when I want to use DCS I have to reboot into Win10, and when I'm done I go back to 7.

Where is DCS repair? I have never had to use it. I am not using a Steam edition.

If I do this, a) how do I control it, and b) can I still use the left and right buttons to manipulate the switches and dials?
It will stay in place you look at the button you want to activate. You can assign left & right mouse button in "ui layer"control section to joystick button. No need to reach for mouse anymore

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

It will stay in place you look at the button you want to activate. You can assign left & right mouse button in "ui layer"control section to joystick button. No need to reach for mouse anymore

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Actually I tried that when I first started and it was driving me nuts having to reach for the throttle and stick to hit a button. Then again, if I can't figure out what is happening I may have to go back to it. It might work better once I start flying missions, but for the training flights not so much :)

No, disabling USB sleep in Win10- was the 1st thing I did when I set it up. My rig runs Win7 as it's main OS, and I installed Win10 on a separate SSD along with DCS World and the VR software. That is basically the only thing that is on that SSD. So when I want to use DCS I have to reboot into Win10, and when I'm done I go back to 7.

Where is DCS repair? I have never had to use it. I am not using a Steam edition.

Simplest way is to use this free utility . It is very useful for all things DCS .

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053

I've found the issue to be when I have other windows on top of the dcs game, toggling out and then back and I lose the mouse.

That may have been the issue. I always left the Oculus Program at normal size on the screen. Today I minimized it before I started DCS, and turned off the Windows Button, and was able to fly several training missions without ussie. Thanks :)

I have another suggestion, once you load DCS hold ALT and hit ENTER. This forces DCS to use your entire monitor, fixes the mouse running away and clicking outside DCS. This fixes all my issues with mouse in VR.

I will try that as well. Can you do that from the main selection screen or do you have to wait until a mission loads?

I've found the issue to be when I have other windows on top of the dcs game, toggling out and then back and I lose the mouse.

Yeah I've noticed the same issue recently. Never happen in the past.

Check out my 'real world'

video series

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I will try that as well. Can you do that from the main selection screen or do you have to wait until a mission loads?

You can do it from the main screen. I do it as soon as I see the main menu and hear music. No need to wait.