Get AI helicopter to leave orbit and switch to next waypoint?

Grifter

I'm still having problems with the AI helicopter not switching its waypoint. I want it to leave its orbit after a certain time has elapsed. I have the following:

1. Helicopter is set to spawn over the burning tanker upon Part of the Coalition entering the trigger zone. This works.

2. Helicopter then orbits burning tanker (because for the life of me I can't get it to hover! @#&)#%!) This also works.

3. I set a Perform Command to Switch Waypoint. The waypoint spawns and orbits on initial waypoint 0.

I set the condition in the Switch Waypoint command to elapsed time: 8:1:5/0. Doesn't work.

Fine, I set a flag #4's value to 1 upon the helicopter spawning into the zone. I set another trigger to Time Since Flag 900 seconds (15 minutes). Still doesn't work.

In both cases, the helicopter immediately deviates from its orbit and flies off toward the coastline instead of waypoint 1 where the carrier is located.

Does anyone know how I can fix this so that he helicopter flies to waypoint 1 after 15 minutes of orbiting the tanker? Really hoping someone can help. Thanks.

Grifter-RLG

My suggestion is to set a "stop condition" as I recommended in my response to your initial thread. Your "next" waypoint should be a landing waypoint at your desired point.

If set up properly, the chopper should fly to the "orbit" waypoint with a stop condition involving the desired flag being activated after a "time since flag" trigger.

The following waypoint should be a "landing" waypoint and the normal destination... the chopper would, when the stop condition was reached, land at the desired location.

Feel free to post the mission file here and I'll see if I can put it in play for you.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Yes, as this was a separate issue, having isolated and achieved the hover, I thought it prudent to make a separate post dedicated to the switch waypoint issue. I think I follow what you’re suggesting; however, the way I had it previously set wasn’t working. I’ll mess around with it a bit more using your suggestion to add a stock condition. However I think I already have a stop condition on the orbit itself that is creating the hover effect. So the stop condition command is already taken out with it just stopping the orbit itself and making the helicopter hover.

If I can’t get it to work, I’ll definitely post a copy of the mission here. It’s probably something either you or someone else will see you in a matter of seconds an if I can’t get it to work, I’ll definitely post a copy of the mission here. I’m probably overlooking something rather simple.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, well you shouldn't need the stop condition command to make the hover happen. All you need to do is set the waypoint where you want the hover to happen... set it for orbit... at 0kph or whatever and then set a stop condition for another flag. Once that "other" flag has been set the helicopter can move on to its next waypoint which can be a landing waypoint at your desired location.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art