PCA/HUD updates

Zeus67

Why learn "again" ?? Afaik radar is broken currently and useless in PvP. Just wait for patch, then read the post that I quoted a few pages ago in this thread.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Yep, just click Super530 button on cockpit, after that you can switch easy between Magic, 530 and guns, just like I quoted earlier in this thread.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

With this week's update, a lot has been fixed, but I have an issue with the CMN Neutral (PCA Select) binding.

When I push this button (knowing that 530 was preselected on the PCA), I go back to nav.

The only way to have the 530 displayed on the HUD is to select another PCA item and reselect 530.

If i switch to Magic and then back to CMN Neutral, I lose the 530 mode.

Do I do something wrong ?

Aorus Z690i, 13600K @5.5ghz, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3600 C16, SSD WD SN850 black, HP Reverb G2, Virpil WarBRD + MongoosT50 CM2 grip

Guys,

With this week's update, a lot has been fixed, but I have an issue with the CMN Neutral (PCA Select) binding.

When I push this button (knowing that 530 was preselected on the PCA), I go back to nav.

The only way to have the 530 displayed on the HUD is to select another PCA item and reselect 530.

If i switch to Magic and then back to CMN Neutral, I lose the 530 mode.

Do I do something wrong ?

Yep, noticed it too. I guess we have to wait for correction.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

• 1 month later...

I can't set the HUD to AG mode...

6. To set the HUD, actually the entire aircraft systems, into AG ATTACK mode the pilot must click the PIP HOTAS switch forward (it is the same switch that sets the Special Modes when in AA mode).

NOTE: An AG weapon must be selected for the aircraft to enter AG ATTACK mode, otherwise AA Special modes will be invoked.

PIP HOTAS / Special Modes ... how is this called exactly in the Controls Setup? There are three button bindings called "WeaponSystems...soandso" at the bottom of the HOTAS category, but they seem not to do what is described above? They somehow only alter the radar display, even if I selected AG ordnance at the PCA before + CNM neutral before.

What am I doing wrong?

I can't set the HUD to AG mode...

PIP HOTAS / Special Modes ... how is this called exactly in the Controls Setup? There are three button bindings called "WeaponSystems...soandso" at the bottom of the HOTAS category, but they seem not to do what is described above? They somehow only alter the radar display, even if I selected AG ordnance at the PCA before + CNM neutral before.

What am I doing wrong?

- you select the bombs (pic 1)

- you press the marked button (pic 2)

- you get AG mode/designator (pic 3)

m1.thumb.jpg.20ddd45afca04f61a60edb190df8a7c9.jpg

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Remember it is not permitted to carry 530 and AG weapons simultaneously.

The controls, in the control options are exactly titled:

Weapons SystemCMD AFT

Weapons SystemCMD Depress

Weapons SystemCMD FWD

It is also important that the cannon-magic switch is in the neutral position or only the AA cannon or Magic missile and the various VTB, HTB displays supporting them will be selected. 530 or AG weapons can only be employed with this switch neutral.

The cannon-magic switch is titled exactly:

CNM AA Gun

CNM neutral (PCA SELECT)

CNM MAGIC

This switch may also be interacted with by 3-Pos. Switch Abstractions:

AA Gun SELECT, else PCA SELECT

MAGIC SELECT, else PCA SELECT

Start quick start mission Caucasus M-2000C Ground Attacl with eight BF1 type bombs. Ensure cannon-magic switch is neutral and observe all systems are in the normal navigational modes. It will not be necessary to enable the red armament switch.

Step one is to select the BF1 weapon by button Stores 2 SELECT. The S P letters illuminate on the button showing selection and ready. The displays have otherwise not changed.

Step two is to select the AG attack mode by Weapons SystemCMD FWD. Note that if Weapons SystemCMD Depress is used in AG attack mode the following step will be unsuccessful unless FWD is pressed again.

Step three is to select navigation mode by Weapons SystemCMD AFT.

Similar to the above it will be impossible to reselect AG attack mode with FWD unless Depress is pressed first. If Depress is not pressed, pressing either FWD or AFT will change to the various radar close combat modes (O I, BAH, BA2).

This is either an error in the simulation or a very confusing design. If you're unable to enter AG attack, press Depress first. If you're unable to leave AG attack, press FWD first. This may be even more confusing when employing BL1-type weapons as Depress serves to cancel the aiming designation.

Best explanation I have seen Frederf.

I think there is a mix between a confusing design AND a potential bug?

Nice to see you here!

I had not seen you around for a while.

JEFX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

Out of curiosity, are all of these changes going to require a complete rework of all or most of the training missions that Baltic Dragon created?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

Out of curiosity, are all of these changes going to require a complete rework of all or most of the training missions that Baltic Dragon created?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Yes. He has said it's already planned but campaign mission updates take priority over training missions. So once he's updated the campaigns, he'll update the training missions.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

Is there anything planned in updating the manual after those great changes?

In thrust we trust :thumbup:

Falls jemand Montags Abends Lust hat mit uns zusammen zu fliegen und Spass zu haben (Anfänger sind auch herzlich willkommen) kann gerne auf unserer Website: https://www.jg-frankonia.de vorbeischauen oder sich direkt bei uns im Discord melden: https://discord.gg/vHEJf3c

Eigene Server und viel Spass sind vorhanden :thumbup:

Is there anything planned in updating the manual after those great changes?

Of course, BD has already confirmed that he will update the manual.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

• 4 months later...

How to switch PCA from "A/A gun mode" back to "NAV" mode?

I have switched to "A/A gun mode" by pressing the "CNM AA Gun" button (which is mapped to my TM Warthog).

I want to activate the APP (approach) mode, but as I am not able to switch back the PCA to NAV mode, the APP button does not show up.

By pressing "CNM neutral (PCA select)", the HUD will not switch back to "NAV" mode (still "CAN" is shown on HUD, but the gun snake disappears) and also the PCA stays in "A/A gun mode".

I have tried a couple of buttons including "Weapons SystemCMD AFT" and also -FWD as well as -Depress.

(all of those buttons are mapped to individual buttons on my Hotas, there is no 3-way switch involved/mapped)

Any ideas?

Many thanks!

1437493472_DCSM2000CNAVmodeissue(2).thumb.jpg.dce6dff7fcdf8d3f75d815203dffe76e.jpg

Edited by jetsimace

I don't know if there is already a Q&A for this, and I missed it.

Is there a way to have Magic seeker and Gun "snake" at the same time on the HUD, as an ACM mode?

Feel the need, the need for speed forum.jpg

I feel the need...the need for speed. Highway...to the danger zone. Gonna take you right into the danger zone.

MB ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer, CPU i5 4690, GPU MSI GTX 970 4GB, RAM Corsair Vengeance blue 24GB, SSD Samsung EVO 860 500GB, T16000M FCS Hotas, PS3 cam with Opentrack.

Thanks. Cause I was confused, when I asked Razbam about this and they answered "it is now" (emplemented).

Feel the need, the need for speed forum.jpg

I feel the need...the need for speed. Highway...to the danger zone. Gonna take you right into the danger zone.

MB ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer, CPU i5 4690, GPU MSI GTX 970 4GB, RAM Corsair Vengeance blue 24GB, SSD Samsung EVO 860 500GB, T16000M FCS Hotas, PS3 cam with Opentrack.

I have switched to "A/A gun mode" by pressing the "CNM AA Gun" button (which is mapped to my TM Warthog).

I want to activate the APP (approach) mode, but as I am not able to switch back the PCA to NAV mode, the APP button does not show up.

By pressing "CNM neutral (PCA select)", the HUD will not switch back to "NAV" mode (still "CAN" is shown on HUD, but the gun snake disappears) and also the PCA stays in "A/A gun mode".

I have tried a couple of buttons including "Weapons SystemCMD AFT" and also -FWD as well as -Depress.

(all of those buttons are mapped to individual buttons on my Hotas, there is no 3-way switch involved/mapped)

Any ideas?

Many thanks!

Yes, you need to use "CNM Neutral/ PCA Select" command to exit from AA gun or Magic.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

• 5 months later...