MFG CROSSWIND PEDALS

Ive just received a pair of MFG CROSSWIND PEDALS they are fantastic, but how do I make them less sensitive ie when I push the rudder the brakes come on and I only have to rest my feet on the pedals and the brakes come on, how do I fix this ? This is the first time ive used pedals.

Thanks

Heinz

Set up some curvature on the axes in the DCS Controls menu. That will also allow you to set a deadzone if you wish. Let me know if you have troubles doing this, and I can help you.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI B360M Bazooka | CPU i7 8700k @ 3.2 GHz | RAM 2x8GB GDDR4 @ 2400 MHz | GPU Gainward GeForce RTX 2070 Dual Fan | 256GB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: MSI Optix 24" LED Curved | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: A-10C | F-14 | F/A-18C | Spitfire | P-51D

Sure, but I will not be home until Sunday, so it will have to wait until then unless someone else might be able to help. Until then, page 28 and 29 in the DCS World Manual will provide more information on curvature and deadzone.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI B360M Bazooka | CPU i7 8700k @ 3.2 GHz | RAM 2x8GB GDDR4 @ 2400 MHz | GPU Gainward GeForce RTX 2070 Dual Fan | 256GB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: MSI Optix 24" LED Curved | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: A-10C | F-14 | F/A-18C | Spitfire | P-51D

9ECHO

Many thanks for the reply i've no idea about curvatures i've never used them could you send me an idea of your set up so I can have a look and make adjustments my end.

Thanks

Heinz

Wow. I’ve now idea how you fly aircraft in DCS without using curves, they must be unbelievably sensitive. When I get some time later I’ll post some info about curves and axis tuning in DCS. It can transform how aircraft feel in the sim and how easy they are to fly.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I think the sensors for brakes actuate without pressing them down, I think it's from feet pressure on the wood. Mine do the same thing, and I just keep my feet off the pedals themselves if I don't want to use the brakes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9ECHO and DEANO87

Many thanks for the replies I await your curvature stuff i'll have a look at those pages you suggested.

Heinz

I use (positive) 15 for rudder. Once I get the pit put together and use the brakes more often (this isn't a Crosswind problem, it's an office chair problem; push the brake, the chair moves) I'll decide if the brakes need help.

Sometimes it also helps to have a dead zone; 5 has been my favorite, just because I have the pedals light and with the chair dancing around that can cause issues.

Go to axis tune, there's a slider/input field for 'curve'.

It's not about curvature, it's about dead zone.

There's a calibration tool for the MFG pedals. With this you should define a dead zone for the brake axis, so you don't need to adjust it in DCS for every module.

-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System: Windows 10 Pro | i9 9900K | 32GB RAM (3200 MHz) | RTX-2080s | SSD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hardware: TM Warthog | MFG Rudder Pedals | 4x TM Cougar MFD | Saitek Switch Panel | Trackir5 | VR: Rift S / Monitor: 31,5" WQHD, G-Sync

Ive just received a pair of MFG CROSSWIND PEDALS they are fantastic, but how do I make them less sensitive ie when I push the rudder the brakes come on and I only have to rest my feet on the pedals and the brakes come on, how do I fix this ? This is the first time ive used pedals.

Thanks

Heinz

This is not a curvature issue. It shouldn't do that. I thought Milan shipped a calibration software. Did you go through that first?

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

It's not about curvature, it's about dead zone.

There's a calibration tool for the MFG pedals. With this you should define a dead zone for the brake axis, so you don't need to adjust it in DCS for every module.

Well, you can (and should) set up the dead zone in DCS as well.

Just click the control setup, choose the aircraft you want to modify, click axis commands, and then choose axis tune. Set up a curvature and a dead zone if necessary.

My latest project, the Multi Function Button Box can be found at Kickstarter.

The brake axis might need to be inverted..

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/