Peruvian Air Forces Mod

MiGgressor

Hello everyone! :bye_2:

I've working for a few weeks now on a new mod for FC that aims to recreate actual and fictional (within realistic posibilities and keeping the "fun factor" in mind) Peruvian Air Force (FAP), Army (EP) and Navy (MGP) aircraft.

This mod - which I have undertaken as a personal project - will feature the following characteristics:

- Peru as a selectable country within the Coalitions menu

- Five flyable aircraft

- Over a dozen non-flyable planes and helos, depicting actual and "what-if" Peruvian Air Force, Army and Navy units, including AEW and refuelling aircraft

- OPFOR based on American units that participated in the joint exercise "Falcon-Condor" earlier this year

Realistic equipment:

- MiG29S 'Fulcrum-C' (flyable)

- Su25 'Frogfoot'

- Mirage 2000 (M2000-5 in game - Air Superiority and Attack camo schemes - flyable)

- Su22M 'Fitter-J' (Su17M4 in game)

- C-130 Hercules

- Antonov An26 'Curl' (Replacing An32 - Air Force, Army and Navy colours)

- Mil Mi25 'Hind' (Mi24 in game)

- Mi8T 'Hip' (Air Force and Navy colours)

- Mi26 'Halo' (Army)

- Augusta ASH-3D Sea King (SH-3 Sea King in game - Navy)

- Augusta AB212 ASW (Navy)

"What-if" equipment:

- Su25T 'Frogfoot' (in new Su25UBK FAP camo scheme - flyable)

- Su30 'Flanker' (flyable)

- A50 'Mainstay' AEW aircraft

- IL76 'Candid'

- IL78 'Midas' airborne tanker

Opposing Force (USAF and Air National Guard)

- F-16C Fighting Falcon

- E-3 Sentry AWACS

- C-17 Globemaster III

- C-130 Hercules

Now here are some shots just to show off my work :D This is what I have already completed so far:

Sukhoi Su25 from Air Group 11 (GRU11):

preview1ly8.jpg

preview2lr7.jpg

preview3db2.jpg

Check out that Frogfoot driver :P

preview4md0.jpg

Mil Mi25 'Hind' from Air Group 2 (GRU2):

preview5zw6.jpg

preview9bs3.jpg

Mirage 2000 from Air Group 4 (GRU4)]in new Air Superiority colour scheme (older Attack camo pattern will also be available, I'll be taking care of that this weekend):

preview6lg7.jpg

preview7kp8.jpg

preview8ap5.jpg

And here are some units I'm currently working in as we speak:

An26 in standard Navy colours:

wip1rg1.jpg

Mi8T (Air Force):

1adaa10eda.jpg

US Air Force pilot from 34th Fighter Squadron ("Rude Rams") of Hill AFB (Utah) like the ones who participated in the joint, multi-national exercise "Falcon-Condor 2007":

d63e9af0a9.jpg

I want this mod to be top-quality, so don't expect it to be finished anytime soon. However, make no mistake it will be finished and released; I wish all of you to have as much fun using it as I'm having now, making it. So, I'll be updating any progress as often as I can. Comments are always welcome and of course, thanks for watching! :thumbup:

• Like 1

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice Su25 skin. Hmmm must also do skin like you (wrapped metal, rusty metal) to Su25T.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the lack of updates, chaps :( I had to reinstall Windows a couple of times :furious: and with it, my Lock-On. Plus I've been busy looking for new reference material to work with! :smilewink:

e0f6966d3d.jpg

87139a07b3.jpg

9f00c4c198.jpg

I have tonnes of new photos I took at an airshow and also loads of high-quality, high-res images from a friend of mine who is an aviation/defence journalist. I also have my Lock-On up and running again so never mind, the mod is well back on track :thumbup:

Turco, holas, recién reviso el topic después de tiempo, te estoy pasando un correo en este instante.

CRHISTIAN, ERES TU EL CREADOR DE ESTA GRAN GENIALIDAD?

Por las dudas soy Ale de Argentina.

¡AMIGUI, HERMANO! :lol: Jojojojo, qué chico es internet :D A ver si el mod llega como regalo de Navidad, aunque sea atrasado, jijijiji

¡Un abrazo y felices fiestas!

I have a copy of Air Forces Monthly magazine (somewhere in the house, I just cant find it!) that had an article on Peruvian Air Force and I am sure I recall some Su-17 photos with the same Tiger paint.

655feda615.jpg

:clap:

It just so happens that one of the authors of that article is a friend of mine who is sharing his collection of photos with me (as I previously said, he's a journalist for Jane's Defence Weekly and AFM) in order to have nice, detailed photoreal skins in all aircraft :joystick:

By the way, I'm working on the Su22M with that particular nose art as we speak...

Merry Christmas to everyone!

OPFOR units are coming online: preview of the Fuerza Aérea de Chile (Chilean Air Force) F-16C; Chile will play as OPFOR and/or ally in several missions simulating a joint exercise with Peruvian units. F-16AM MLU is also in the making:

f16preview1tt6.jpg

And a new texture for the LANTIRN AN/AAQ-13 and AN/AAQ-14 Nav/Targeting pods:

f16preview2da9.jpg

Great Skins :thumbup:

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

¡Thanks HungaroJET! :thumbup:

I'm having a hard time with MEinit.xml... I thought I had everything figured out but I'm having unexpected problems, don't know if anyone could help me... The thing is, for example, when I added Chile and the F-16 everything seemed to work perfectly so I did the same thing with Peru (so far I had been testing skins using existing countries). Now I can see my new countries and all but I can't place units in the planning screen, I can't view them or assign waypoints to them or add targets, nothing! Funny thing is, though I cannot "see" them I still get access to the loadout screens. Any ideas of what may I be doing wrong here?

Ok, here's the thing: my countries do show up in the Coalitions menu and all... but then, I try to add a new unit and nothing happens!!! I mean... there it is, "Mirage 2000-5" is there but no plane icon appears in the map window and neither the "Route" entries become active:

help1io7.jpg

And although I can't place my jet on the map, I can still view it in the Payload screen, even change loadouts and all... As you can see, country does show up correctly, colour scheme does show up correctly but there's no way I can see that plane on the map:

help2lq8.jpg

I hate messing around with MEinit.xml, I just hate it! My thing is making skins, that's what I enjoy the most (besides flying in the sim, of course), not that coding BS that takes away so much precious time and is incredibly boring. I wish there was an easier way to do this...

Thanks FWT y gracias camacmm :thumbup: Por cierto, sí puedo hacer skins para otras fuerzas siempre y cuando tenga el material de referencia apropiado.

Kuky, thanks for pointing that out, it's fixed now:

topviewzz4.jpg

:)

Does anybody know where the texture for this piece is (side of airbrake)?

aftfusepj5.jpg