[FEEDBACK]Servers stop appearing on the 'master' list despite being up.

robgraham

Thanks robgraham

we would like to see your dcs.log from the server after it happens.

Ofcourse there is always the possibility that local or wide network could be playing a role here as well.

It may be worth doing a tracert to the master server when you notice problems.

thanks

I have seen exactly what Rob is describing many many many times

one server = 503 no reporting, another server on box hardware = reporting fine (which means it sure aint network related)

it is one of two things as far as I can tell

1. Master server is rejecting the single server instance "I am ALIVE" data packet

2. The single server instance is NOT sending the "I am ALIVE" data packet to the master server in the correct "format" or not sending it at all

@BIGNEWY , is there a debug build of the server exe that logs more output info to the log that we could try for you guys, to give you more usefull data ?

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Hi all,

We are experiencing the same issues.

Not visible on MP list after a while, but can 'connect by ip' and join the server just fine.

Our logs show these:

NET: HTTP request dcs:server?ACTION=del&ID=2235504 failed with error 28: Timeout was reached

INFO NET: server has stopped

NET: HTTP request dcs:checksession failed with error 28: Timeout was reached

ERROR NET: Session check failed: 503

NET: HTTP request dcs:server:update failed with error 28: Timeout was reached

ERROR NET: Server update temporarily failed. Will try again later.

Logs sent to BigNewy.

I hope we can find the cause and a solution :)

http://www.TAWDCS.org ### JOINT TASK FORCE JTF-88 ### https://tawdcs.org/battalion/88th/ ### PC: i9 - 32Gb RAM - GTX 1080Ti - TM Warthog Stick and Throttle - MFG Crosswind Black - TrackIR5 - Buddy Fox UFC

This is before I tried something I've been asked to do but is the log Newy Asked for.

And newy before you go 'Mods on the server' Please note this:

1. This happens even if you have a clean server.

2. This was happening well before I readded LOTATC back into our server.

I am trying the changes I was asked to in PM and will let you know how it goes.

dcs_503error.zip

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)

• ED Team

Thanks for the data and feedback I will pass it to the team.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks for the data and feedback I will pass it to the team.

Hi Bigenvy, thanks for your help.

I can verify the following as of current release (2.5.5.39384) :

- Sever running with presence in the browser.

- Server disappears from browser, players remain connected and playing fine.

- Someone can connect with direct IP connection.

- https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com is reachable from web browser on server

- The logs contain the "failed with error 28: Timeout was reached" message

- Tracert finds the server (pic attached).

- dcs.exe is terminated and restarted.

- Everything returns to normal.

If you need logs let me know.

Has been pretty hard keeping the server(s) listed for several months now. I auto-restart the server executable as soon as all players disconnect, but sometimes they remain busy for many hours and disaster strikes...

Cheers.

942174623_2019-11-2420_06_02-dcs-srv2019.thumb.png.3ab14fdda90c4e669c77671819c8c2de.png

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

🙂 Smile 🙂

Newy,

Looking at the logs atm since I did the changes that c0ff asked me to do it seems to have stabilizsed.

Of course as I said on discord I've not had a chance to check files on the server as often as I'd like of late I've been a bit busy due to weather, illness and having to watch for fire alerts due to the first. (43c in spring isn't 'fun')

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)

• ED Team
Newy,

Looking at the logs atm since I did the changes that c0ff asked me to do it seems to have stabilizsed.

Of course as I said on discord I've not had a chance to check files on the server as often as I'd like of late I've been a bit busy due to weather, illness and having to watch for fire alerts due to the first. (43c in spring isn't 'fun')

Take your time, and stay safe.

Feedback when you get time.

thank you

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Thanks for everyone for the feedback.

So, the solution is:

Add the following lines to the file (create the file if necessary)

Saved Games/DCS[.openbeta]/Config/autoexec.cfg:

net.curl_timeout = 0
net.curl_connecttimeout = 0

We fixed the timeouts in the internal version, so it will eventually come out to you.

The config file solution works right now.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

• ED Team
soon we gonna code DCS to make it work guys

already included in the latest open beta patch.

Signs are good, seems resolved.

thanks

already included in the latest open beta patch.

Signs are good, seems resolved.

thanks

Sadly I would not go as far as agreeing with you just yet ...... yes the servers are not dropping off the list ......

mainly because they are currently crashing a lot before they can stay up long enough to verify that they are not dropping off the list

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

• ED Team
Sadly I would not go as far as agreeing with you just yet ...... yes the servers are not dropping off the list ......

mainly because they are currently crashing a lot before they can stay up long enough to verify that they are not dropping off the list

Not all servers are seeing the access violation crash, so we have a good pool to get a validation from for server drop issue.

Please discuss the access violation crash in another thread, thank you

Since making the additions suggested in Post #83, my servers have been rock solid. I hope that statement doesn't jinx me!

Since that has been added to the update, do we need to remove those statements from the autoexec.cfg?

Edited by TWC_Alamo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals