FA-18C Aggressors BFM Campaign

Hello

Starting this campaign out for the first time today

I'm very confused with the "OPFOR DOES NOT USE GPS ...", until I finally found the official thread (official ones should be liked on the EShop preferrably)

So the "Update INS via TCN" is actually a bug workaround? I thought it was required but since it didn't do much and standard Ground alignment worked fine I was struggling to understand what it's trying to say in the briefing, I simply can't understand it, it seems to me like it's a translated english. It says I have to do the procedure after alignment, so what's the point if I have to do the 8 minute alignment anyway?

Anyway as of right now I played 2 missions, failed the second mission due to lack of hits, but completed RTB successfully.

Possible problems that I get:

Start of mission 2: The wingman does not wait for radio check after he asks, he proceeds to tell me to follow him after I'm ready, he does not wait for READY and starts taxiing after a minute while. INS alignment completed OK and everything seemed fine, no problems with waypoints at all, whether or not I did the HSI waypoint or TCN procedure.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

When the FA-18C was first released if you put it in the mission as a RED force (OPFOR) unit then the navigation wouldn't align and you had to do the manual alignment.  ED indicated this was because OPFOR aircraft did not have the capability so we included the manual instructions to do that.

Since then they added an optional feature in the GamePlay Settings Menu called Unrestricted SATNAV

When selected this would override any RED force NAV alignment issues allowing the FA-18C NAV system to align properly as per the FA-18C normal startup procedure.

We haven't tested the option in a long time but you could check your setting and see if enabling or disabling Unrestricted SATNAV impacts the way the FA-18C NAV alignment works when flying as a RED force unit.

The AI is still wonky in the game engine so we had to force the wingman to take off prior to the player and his comment that you should follow him when ready means for you to follow him once you are fully spooled up and  ready to taxi.  It's not to be confused with the READY F10 menu item which is used to indicate to the Tactical Controller that you are ready for the dogfight engagement.

Let us know if you encounter any other issues.  We haven't had time to test this fully in the latest 2.7 release but we expect it should work as designed.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

• 2 years later...

Hi, I'm new to the F18 and I just started this campaign.

I really think you could update this "GPS alignment" thing (in the briefing) as I too had trouble understanding what it was. I looked at youtube videos of this 2nd mission but couldn't understand the difference in the alignment procedure 🙂

Edited by alboon2000
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I was really looking forward to the campaign, unfortunately F1 doesn't put me in my FA-18, I can see everything else, but I can't actually fly my plane. I'm running the latest version of Open Beta. Possibly/Probably doing something really stupid? Any thought on what's going on?

There's no F10 menu, and only the last mission BMF actually puts me in a FA-18 Hornet e.g. it's the only mission that appears to work.

Tried a delete and reinstall, that didn't fix it either

Thanks

Edited by jvandemark

The first mission is an arrival mission (so you are in the C-130 landing at Nellis).  This is to set some background to the campaign so there is no actual flying in the first mission.

The 2nd mission is a Familiarization flight so it should start you in the FA-18C and all subsequent missions should also start you in the FA-18C.

Do you have any mods installed?  Have you tried a DCS Repair? Is the FA-18C module installed and activated?

Hopefully the answers to those questions will get us to the issue.  Please report what you find out.

Thanks.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Sabre,

3 mods installed Gripen, Mig-31 & Su-35. I tried DCS repair, but that didn't fix it.

I'll move the mods temporarily and see if that helps.

Yes I have the F-18 and have been flying it lately 😉

I'll post a little later, Thanks for the response.

----

just curious is the Task Force Challenger mission suppose to be there?

aggressor.png

Edited by jvandemark
  • Like 1