[RESOLVED]Electric circuit problem

OG84

Test of CB behavior after today's update

1. I did several bumpy take-offs and I did not see the CB for the undercarriage (Fahrwerksantrieb) pop out. So there is no longer a problem with retracting the gear in the take-off process.

2. The "Generator" CB still pops out when...

a) I activate the Master Arm switch about 10 seconds after take-off.

In my opinion that's still a bug. This should not happen at all.

b) I fire a long burst (about 5 sec) with all guns.

In my opinion that's still a bug. This excessively long fire burst should pop

the CB's of the guns (there are 3 of them) - not the Generator CB.

So, there is (in my opinion) a big improvement, but still some work to do.

Edit: Even 3 minutes after wheels-up, the generator CB pops out when I activate Master Arms. With respect to Sydy's finding:By that time the engine oil temperature was at 50°C. :)

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Can you include a track of any issues you see? That would be super helpful, thanks!

I have attached the track, but unfortunately the track is garbage. It shows me messing around on the ground and trying to take off from the grass. That ends in a somersault. So the track only documents an issue with tracks.

Edit: I tried 2 more times; but each time the track is wrong and ends in a crash.

FW-190A8 CBs_Popping_20191031.trk

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Can you include a track of any issues you see? That would be super helpful, thanks!

I reported this two months ago, asked a mod about it, but it seems of no interest

Its not the oil temperature, its not wether you are airborne or not. It is the engine rpm that triggers the generator cb to trip if you arm the weapons. Its case 1.2 in my report

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=248596

And the guns triggering the generator and battery cb are also in my report.

What is this bug subsection for, if the reports are not read and not categorized?

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

I had the Generator CB tripping again today after updating.

I did not see when this occured though, just during the shut down process I found it to be tripped.

Landing gear CB and Battery CB stays in now, so that seems fixed.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

What is this bug subsection for, if the reports are not read and not categorized?

Fox

I'm sure NineLine reads these reports. However it is difficult to follow through as there are many threads about this subject. It would help if these reports were all in a single thread focussed on this subject. I have to admit that in the many cases you listed I did not catch the dependency on engine RPM (which I will try to validate today).

And it certainly doesn't help when some people muddy the water by insisting that this is not a bug but a feature, and therefore our issues are due to operator error.

LeCuvier

• ED Team

Hi

Thank you for your report, these issues are reported to the team.

Hopefully the sensitive circuit breakers will be addressed soon.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks, Big!

I've just bought this and was disappointed with this. I'm getting the breaker issue when firing both cannon sets. I'm doing instant action and air starts if that's important.

My targeting reticle also flickers and the cockpit lighting flickers unless I turn up the brightness with the knob.

Edit: map your first trigger stage to the breaker switch for a temp solution.

Generator and Battery CBs STILL popping.

The changelog for OB Update says, "Electrical circuit breakers correction that had an influence on gear selection and weapon usage", but they're still not working well.

It's improved a bit, I can get the gear up now without having to stay right on the edge of stall speed, but firing even a single bank of gun or cannon for just a fraction of a second pops the generator breaker, and then the battery breaker follows soon after that if you fire again.

(Sorry to start a new topic about this but the old topic has been locked. Almost like you don't want to hear bug testing reports.)

• ED Team

We close reports when they have been passed to the team and don't require any new feedback, but because this issue was not completely fixed, it's reasonable to start a new thread, I do ask that you supply a short track with your report though, thanks.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Surprise, a new patch!

I tried this and found:

1. No problem with take-off (was already fixed with last update)

2. Generator CB still pops when you activate the Master Arm switch.

Visible in attached track at the end, just after I reduce RPM to below 2400.

3. I can now fire all guns until the ammo is depleted. The barrels are probably glowing, but no CB pops.

So it seems that today's patch has fixed the Generator CB popping when you fire a burst longer than 3 or 4 seconds.

Good progress!

PS: I'm surprised that this track is working!

FW-190A8 CBs_Popping_20191031.trk

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

• ED Team
Surprise, a new patch!

I tried this and found:

1. No problem with take-off (was already fixed with last update)

2. Generator CB still pops when you activate the Master Arm switch.

Visible in attached track at the end, just after I reduce RPM to below 2400.

3. I can now fire all guns until the ammo is depleted. The barrels are probably glowing, but no CB pops.

So it seems that today's patch has fixed the Generator CB popping when you fire a burst longer than 3 or 4 seconds.

Good progress!

PS: I'm surprised that this track is working!

Hi

thanks for the track,

We will check, I am pretty sure we have this one already.

EDIT: Yes we have this reported, thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Generator CB still pops without any reason.

As other has noted - it seems it is related to engine RPM dropping too low.

This is after todays small update.

Edited by fjacobsen

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Looks okay now, gear came up fine and at a reasonable airspeed and I was able to fire both sets of guns at the same time until ammo ran out.

(The track replay showed me taking off in the wrong direction and splashing into the ocean though. :/ )

You imagined a perfect flight, but in reality you went for a swim.

Generator CB still pops without any reason.

As other has noted - it seems it is related to engine RPM dropping too low.

This is after todays small update.

Yes, I reported this behaviour. While your engine RPM is higher than 2100 and you then arm the weapons for the first time, the Generator CB will pop out.

Fox

Spoiler

Yes, I reported this behaviour. While your engine RPM is higher than 2100 and you then arm the weapons for the first time, the Generator CB will pop out.

Fox

My initial "interim fix" fixes the Generator tripping for the time being.

Interim fix:

Open: \\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FW-190A8\Cockpit\Script\Systems\weapon_system.lua

Change to these values:

ElecConsumerParamsGunHeater = {80, true, 5, 7}

ElecConsumerParamsGunFireSolenoid = {116, true, 15, 17}

ElecConsumerParamsMachineGunLoader = {8, true, 15, 17}

ElecConsumerParamsCannonLoader = {8, true, 15, 17}

ElecConsumerParamsGunCamera = {20, true, 18, 19} -- 10 watt for camera, and 10 for camera heater

If the values (as noted in the weapon_system.lua file) are in Watt, then the values present in the orignal weapon_system.lua (after the small update) seems weird.

Edited by fjacobsen

My initial "interim fix" fixes the Generator tripping for the time being.

Interim fix:

Open: \\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FW-190A8\Cockpit\Script\Systems\weapon_system.lua

Change to these values:

ElecConsumerParamsGunHeater = {80, true, 5, 7}

ElecConsumerParamsGunFireSolenoid = {116, true, 15, 17}

ElecConsumerParamsMachineGunLoader = {8, true, 15, 17}

ElecConsumerParamsCannonLoader = {8, true, 15, 17}

ElecConsumerParamsGunCamera = {20, true, 18, 19} -- 10 watt for camera, and 10 for camera heater

If the values (as noted in the weapon_system.lua file) are in Watt, then the values present in the orignal weapon_system.lua (after the small update) seems weird.

But that doesn't help for MP and IC.

Try to repair your DCS and then arm the weapons before starting the engine. Then report, if the CB still trips. I didn't have a cb trip since last update and arming before engine start/rpm below 2100.

Fox

Spoiler

But that doesn't help for MP and IC.

Try to repair your DCS and then arm the weapons before starting the engine. Then report, if the CB still trips. I didn't have a cb trip since last update and arming before engine start/rpm below 2100.

Fox

First, thanks to fjacobsen for finding the right .lua file!

I use these settings:

ElecConsumerParamsGunHeater        = {80, true, 5, 7}
ElecConsumerParamsGunFireSolenoid      = {5.6, true, 15, 17}
[color=Blue][b]ElecConsumerParamsMachineGunLoader  = {150, true, 15, 17} -- original: 300
ElecConsumerParamsCannonLoader      = {150, true, 15, 17} -- original: 350[/b][/color]
ElecConsumerParamsGunCamera        = {20, true, 18, 19} -- 10 watt for camera, and 10 for camera heater

I only changed the two highlighted lines where the original values seemed excessive.

No more CB popping when I activate the master Arm switch, with the engine running at full speed.

I also flew in MP on the Burning Skies server. There is no issue with IC!

LeCuvier

So we can cheat? :(

It´s not cheating.

If (as indicated) the values are in Watts, then those values I have used is based on the real load (lamperage and voltage reported by other users who have found those in some RL manuals) from the solenoids.