Request: black screen on death

I've got a request that has a bunch to do with "realism" (haha, since what's real about being able to respawn after being killed in a fighter jet...) but also with cheating/gaming the system.

Death. You get shot into the cockpit and what do you see? You see no cockpit - but you see around you as if you were on a parachute though not decending. You can see missile launces around you, aircraft, tracers... and you can communicate these things to your teammates if you are on comms (bar SRS since it cut's your comms on death).

I think a better way would be as abrupt as the instant death - a black screen with no info on it except a button to return to spectator and open the slot menu. This would prevent you being a "god's eye" in the area which is particularly troubling if you just died doing CAS and can now be an indirect camera for your wingman. Currently you can in some situation get a marked benefit post-mortem to your wingmen when they should have just lost not just another aircraft, but the eyes on that aircraft.

I feel many people would appreciate this feature as a promoter of fair play and "realism".

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

Yeah, if not forced, then make it an option? Server enforced.

Also, an option to display your killer. Weapon perhaps...

Also also: an option to allow a "death cam", from the shooters POV in some lighter situations?

Edited by Juuba
Sometimes I Amaze even Myself!