Moving Map Incomplete

VGlusica

So I just noticed this, but I am not sure what it is all about. I don't know if this is a bug or something that I am doing or on my system. I think it might be me. I could not find anything mentioned about this on the forum.

The issue is, in the Harrier with SCL set on 25 or below, part of the chart seems to be missing (please see pic). If set on scale above 25 everything is fine. It appears as if part of the chart in appropriate scale is missing.

If anyone has an explanation or can help I would very much appreciate it. I tried doing a repair and that did not help. If additional information is needed I am happy to provide.

48181455_MapPic.jpg.92c14623dcefe5054c1b9553909d1f48.jpg

So I just noticed this, but I am not sure what it is all about. I don't know if this is a bug or something that I am doing or on my system. I think it might be me. I could not find anything mentioned about this on the forum.

The issue is, in the Harrier with SCL set on 25 or below, part of the chart seems to be missing (please see pic). If set on scale above 25 everything is fine. It appears as if part of the chart in appropriate scale is missing.

If anyone has an explanation or can help I would very much appreciate it. I tried doing a repair and that did not help. If additional information is needed I am happy to provide.

Most likely the area of the map that you were in is just on the edge of the map used by the Harrier. The same problem occurs in the A-10 although not necessarily in the same spots and zoom (the map might disappear if you zoom too much).

Edited by Rex854Warrior

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Got it. I was kind of curious if that might be the case, but was not sure. I should have also mentioned in my original post that this is on a PG map.

My only misgiving is that I don't recall this being an issue before. I have been away from the Harrier for couple of months.

No, that's not true here. I've noticed this while on the GAW server setting up waypoints around Anapa. I never had sections of the map in MMAP not showing, and since a few weeks I have.

I've also noticed in the Mission Editor that they've replaced a lot of the maps with really crappy ones. For example, you used to have the "old airfield" near Koboleti shown both on the ME map and in MMAP. Now it's on neither(!!). The maps look like roadmaps picked up at some gas station, which are worth -- to barrow a Scottish formal expression -- "shite all!" for aeral navigation, where you need power lines, rail lines etc., things you can recognize from the air.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1