How to switch fast between air targets?

Matic_Prime

With the Sparrow, you need to maintain STT lock on the target until impact.

With the AMRAAM, you can safely switch to another target when your missile goes active.

Right now, we lack a number of radar functions, such as the ability to switch between the L&S and DT2 targets with NWS/Undesignate (and obviously every radar mode besides RWS).

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I think we already have this feature.
Just tried, both NAV and A/A, nope

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Hey Guys,

Iam wondering how to switch fast between air Targets?

Since TWS is not yxet available is there the Option to lock fast on the next air target after i got my Sparrow out on the first Bandit?

tks. KR;

Sparrow (AIM-7) is radar guided by your aircraft, so keep the lock until it hits the bandit. AMRAAM (AIM-120) has it's own radar, wait for the ACT (ACTive) counter in the HUD to get to 0, then it's radar becomes active and starts tracking the bandit on it's own, after that you can break lock. Sidewinder (AIM-9) is IR guided, lock, fire, and forget.

You must determine as SOI the HUD, then select ACM mode or Vertical mode, and any bandit appear between the vertical lines or into the circle in ACM mode will be blocked automatically, if you want another objetive, unblock that bandit a select vertical mode again, you can use this mode with AIM9, AIM 7, AMRAAM or Gun. ACM mode will be work with helmet mode too.

Edited by snagov

You must determine as SOI the HUD, then select ACM mode or Vertical mode, and any bandit appear between the vertical lines or into the circle in ACM mode will be blocked automatically, if you want another objetive, unblock that bandit a select vertical mode again, you can use this mode with AIM9, AIM 7, AMRAAM or Gun. ACM mode will be work with helmet mode too.

Thanks good to know.