|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Yes, it does have ILS. You can enter ILS data by pressing the 1 (T-ILS) button on the ICP. You can then enter the data on the DED. Landing cues will then be provided on the HUD and on the ADI.

ERNaEJz.png

The still was taken from the recent announcement trailer, and shows the button position and the DED.

Check my F-15C guide

Thank you all!

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

In the T-ILS page you set Tacan channel and ILS freq , then the ILS volume must be raised.

You need to increase the ILS volume only to identify the ILS.

Afterwards I always turn it off since it would be really annoying to have the identifier beeping in your ears for the whole approach ;)

Edited by bbrz

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

Does F-16 have ILS? Thank you! :smartass:

Good question.

Looks like the nav switch and the course dial to the left of the HSI has been removed in the DCS version.

Might be incorporated in the DED now.

Depends on the radio modeled, for example:

ILS frequencies are only 108.10–111.95 in alternating 0.05 and 0.15 increments on the AN/ARC-186.

108.000–117.975 MHz (ILS and VOR Freqs) on the AN/ARC-210(BLOS)

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Well if you look at the WIP screenshots of the F-16C https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/screenshots/1201/

You can see the ADI have the two yellow lines which are ILS glide slope and localizer indicators, I guess they stay visible because the aircraft is still WIP, and I think only ILS capable aircraft do have them.

2019-05-24-DCS-F-16C-02.jpg

2019-05-24-DCS-F-16C-03.jpg

2019-05-24-DCS-F-16C-04.jpg

Those are visible in the real world one too when it is cold and dark :

F3zrq6g.jpg

But they aren't in flight though, hence why I think they are visible on the DCS one in flight because it is still WIP.

Here is an example of a running F-16 without those lines on the ADI :

195f4a7b31c89dcf38df8888138c73ac.jpg

But I don't think it have the ILS shown on the hud, only on the ADI, I've watched a bunch of video making this comments of F-16 hud landing and none ever have an ILS on hud, though those during airshow and emergency landing are kind of normal as you don't need it (often the final turn is really close to the runway) or don't have the time to set it up.

But none of the regular landing had the ILS on hud, including night landing where the hud is visible from helmet cam.

And of course none of the video of cockpit landing I could find have the ADI visible, the closest I found was this :

At the end there is the final approach, but the pilot's body hide the ADI.

CPU : I7 6700k, MB : MSI Z170A GAMING M3, GC : EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 GAMING iCX, RAM : DDR4 HyperX Fury 4 x 8 Go 2666 MHz CAS 15, STORAGE : Windows 10 on SSD, games on HDDs.

Hardware used for DCS : Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift.

Own : A-10C, Black Shark (BS1 to BS2), P-51D, FC3, UH-1H, Combined Arms, Mi-8MTV2, AV-8B, M-2000C, F/A-18C, Hawk T.1A

Want : F-14 Tomcat, Yak-52, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, F-86F, MAC, F-16C, F-15E.

For what is worth, the first photo is from a block 30 (85-1484). The second photo is from a A model.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

But I don't think it have the ILS shown on the hud,

The ILS deviation bars are displayed in the HUD and on the ADI. Additionally the localizer/course deviation is displayed on the HSI.

It has been this way since the A model.

Edited by bbrz

For what is worth, the first photo is from a block 30 (85-1484). The second photo is from a A model.

Nice !

To be honest I did not bother to check it, first because I don't know the Viper enough to identify any models, and second because this wasn't easy enough to find a cockpit picture where the ADI is visible, and I can't imagine an early model having ILS capability which is removed on latter models, so I imagine any models are good enough for this purpose.

The ILS deviation bars are displayed in the HUD and on the ADI. Additionally the localizer/course deviation is displayed on the HSI.

It has been this way since the A model.

Well I didn't know that, I haven't found any hud landing video where the ILS was in use then.

Nice to know, since I'll surely buy the Viper, I like the idea that ILS approach can be done through the hud.

CPU : I7 6700k, MB : MSI Z170A GAMING M3, GC : EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 GAMING iCX, RAM : DDR4 HyperX Fury 4 x 8 Go 2666 MHz CAS 15, STORAGE : Windows 10 on SSD, games on HDDs.

Hardware used for DCS : Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift.

Own : A-10C, Black Shark (BS1 to BS2), P-51D, FC3, UH-1H, Combined Arms, Mi-8MTV2, AV-8B, M-2000C, F/A-18C, Hawk T.1A

Want : F-14 Tomcat, Yak-52, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, F-86F, MAC, F-16C, F-15E.

Well I didn't know that, I haven't found any hud landing video where the ILS was in use then.

Nice to know, since I'll surely buy the Viper, I like the idea that ILS approach can be done through the hud.

Most likely you didn't find any HUD videos because an ILS approach in IMC would be very boring to watch ;)

That's the whole point of the HUD, to display the vital flight data so that you can stay head up during important/critical flight phases.

It makes ILS approaches much easier instead of having to constantly shift between head up and head down. Advanced HUDs like in the Mirage 2000 even display the runway.

AFAIK, the localizer deviation bar can be use on any waypoint/steerpoint. Here you can see it on before the engine quit.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3877629&postcount=1227

Keep in mind this is not a direct view of the HUD, the camera is actually in front of the HUD and this should be HUD simbology superimpose by the AVTR or DVR. Also be mindful I do not know which version of the F-16 this is, the year nor any of the specifics and this video does not show them.

Localizer and glide bars on this video on several times

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3775880&postcount=1152

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3689733&postcount=1050

More common to see on A/B models

To whom it may concern,

Good question.

Looks like the nav switch and the course dial to the left of the HSI has been removed in the DCS version.

Might be incorporated in the DED now.

The nav switch was on the older version of the HSI, what we'll have is the updated EHSI (Electronic HSI), where the switch has been replaced by the "M" (Mode) button at the bottom the display.

EHSI.jpg

You select the mode you want by pressing this button, the active mode is displayed inside the HSI (here it's NAV).

• 1 month later...

But I don't think it have the ILS shown on the hud, only on the ADI, I've watched a bunch of video making this comments of F-16 hud landing and none ever have an ILS on hud, though those during airshow and emergency landing are kind of normal as you don't need it (often the final turn is really close to the runway) or don't have the time to set it up.

But none of the regular landing had the ILS on hud, including night landing where the hud is visible from helmet cam.

The Block 30 and 40's (as of latest SCU and MMC) have the ILS in the HUD and even better, a flight director of sorts in the HUD that makes it real easy assuming you established a good glideslope/centerline at the start of the approach. It will show as a green circle on the hud, and you simply fly the flight path marker over the slightly smaller circle which will fit inside the FPM circle. You then keep the 2 lined up and it'll take you down perfectly centered on GS.

It's a bad day when you do these approaches HUD out in the viper, too much head down time with the excellent side vis of the canopy in the weather has gotten viper bro's killed from spatial disorientation. Too easy to get sideways without knowing it. Luckily that's where GCAS/PARS switch in the 40's and later come into play.

The nav switch was on the older version of the HSI, what we'll have is the updated EHSI (Electronic HSI), where the switch has been replaced by the "M" (Mode) button at the bottom the display.

EHSI.jpg

You select the mode you want by pressing this button, the active mode is displayed inside the HSI (here it's NAV).

This is also where the switch is with the CDU vipers.

Any plans for CDU? Copy, not super organic yet to the Block 50 but it's supposedly coming and already here for the 30's in US inventory. Can't beat that TGP view either in CDU vs the MFD

The Block 30 and 40's (as of latest SCU and MMC) have the ILS in the HUD and even better, a flight director of sorts in the HUD that makes it real easy assuming you established a good glideslope/centerline at the start of the approach. It will show as a green circle on the hud, and you simply fly the flight path marker over the slightly smaller circle which will fit inside the FPM circle. You then keep the 2 lined up and it'll take you down perfectly centered on GS.

It's a bad day when you do these approaches HUD out in the viper, too much head down time with the excellent side vis of the canopy in the weather has gotten viper bro's killed from spatial disorientation. Too easy to get sideways without knowing it. Luckily that's where GCAS/PARS switch in the 40's and later come into play.

Thanks, interesting informations, so basically it work like the DCS Russian system of flight director + the ILS lines, the Space Shuttle also had a flight director system on its hud :pilotfly::thumbup:

This indicate how accurate and better than only ILS lines this is as the Shuttle can't really have the luxury to over compensate or go around.

Can't wait to try this !

The yellow bars on the ADI are not the deviation indicators, but the flight directors. Ie they help guide you on to the glideslope/loc, but don't indicate the glideslope/loc itself. The ADI only has a glideslope indicator, that small scale with the white arrow on the left. The HSI provides the loc deviation, and both loc/gs are present on the HUD.

JB, it's not pitch and bank steering just absolute position. It's different than for example A-10C. Only steering is the optional HUD cue.

Position:

HUD localizer

HUD glideslope

ADI localizer

ADI glideslope

Steering:

HUD steering cue

ILS is powered by turning the volume knob clockwise from the off detent. Increasing the volume knob allows listening ILS audio. Details like ILS frequency, selection of command steering, and inbound course are entered via the ICP-DED.

The HSI "M" button replaces the old 4-position rotary selector in newewr F-16s which chooses among the INS navigation or TACAN navigation with or without ILS (4 combinations). The HSI "M" button models are labeled as "PLS" which will incorporate PLS (JPALS?) ability in addition to continued support for ILS operation. Presses of the "M" button cycles through the four modes similar to the old rotary switch.