Mission 4

spiddx

No idea if I'm doing something wrong, but in this mission one of the four bombers refuses to attack its target.

He flies south with the formation, but at some point he just turns around, goes back up north an circles around Vladikavkaz until the mission is done.

I've tried the mission twice now and saw the same behaviour in both instances.

So I got the message that only one of the two targets was destroyed although all bombers survived.

It's not a big deal though as I could advance the campaign without problems.

Maybe this happens on purpose?

Loving it so far! Thanks BD and Razbam!

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

• 2 months later...

I've had some problems with this mission, results in it not advancing. In my case the bombers do bomb their targets, however they arrive over Vladikavkaz and just orbit forever. I orbited along with them and the other fighters for about 15mins after the attack, then decided to RTB. Landed with all 4 my wingmen. You are not allowed to advance, sadly. I did not have anymore comms with the bombers or commander other than joining up again and being told to head to Vladikavkaz.

The mission ran as follows:

I switched radios on, hit space and got the mission brief. I then switched to channel 2, briefed the flight, then to 3 to start taxing. After take off, I hit space to tell the flight I'm switching back to one. I then headed to the bombers, met up with them and hit space to let confirm I was holding hands. On the way to the target, I saw 4 bogies, intercepted them, and shot them down, they were seperatist Farmers. They either didn't react to my presence, or I managed to sneak up on them.

After shooting them down, I went gate to catch up with the bombers. They dropped their bombs, and one of the flights called that they were formed up. The mission commander then called to head north to Vladikavkaz. When over Vladikavkaz, all the flights just started orbiting with no radio calls or further prompts. Orbited for 15ish mins, decided to RTB and hope the mission completes. It didn't. If you want I can give you the tacview, and you can see where I missed something. The track was unfortunately unreliable. :(

• 3 years later...

I tried this mission yesterday 5 times. in one the AI circles. In the rest of times it is very difficult to follow the bombers. They are just at the same altitude as the clouds, and I suppose this mission was made before the arrival of the "new" volumetric clouds.