A-10c Windcorection (Urgent issue).

FuzzBallHall

Thanks for going to all the trouble of testing that, and creating a video - and yes, I was too lazy to go and watch it :)

As Tippis has pointed out, there is most likely a difference between static and dynamic weather.

Other threads have also made mention that the automatic update of the LASTE in the A10 is probably not modeled.

I've never had a problem with bomb delivery until flying in Multiplayer with dynamic weather - with strong winds.

It was because of this thread that I thought I was wasting my time, and stopped entering in the data, and then started missing. Once I inputed the data again, I was hitting the targets.

So it looks like you don't need to enter the LASTE wind data when you have calm or static weather. There might even be a difference between single player and MP?

No roblem man, i actually enjoy it cos im curious about it as well.

Just modified that last mission so it has dynamic weather, nothing changed ccip was still accurate on its own.

Hosted a server and loaded the same mission, result didnt change, ccip was accurate.

Modified the mission, changed my a10's spawn point to be above sukhumi and created a new target in a valley south of batumi. Flew over there, released the bomb and hit the target all the same.

As far as i can tell it doesnt matter dynamic or static, if you maneuver properly you will hit your target without the need of manual input in laste.

dynamic weather settings i used was:

Baric system = Cyclone

System Quantity = 1

Pressure deviation = -1261 Pa

Turbulance = 40 0.1*feet

no fog

no dust smoke

No roblem man, i actually enjoy it cos im curious about it as well.

Just modified that last mission so it has dynamic weather, nothing changed ccip was still accurate on its own.

Hosted a server and loaded the same mission, result didnt change, ccip was accurate.

Modified the mission, changed my a10's spawn point to be above sukhumi and created a new target in a valley south of batumi. Flew over there, released the bomb and hit the target all the same.

As far as i can tell it doesnt matter dynamic or static, if you maneuver properly you will hit your target without the need of manual input in laste.

dynamic weather settings i used was:

Baric system = Cyclone

System Quantity = 1

Pressure deviation = -1261 Pa

Turbulance = 40 0.1*feet

no fog

no dust smoke

That is so strange that we get a different result! And again, thanks for all the testing.

And once again I didn’t enter in LASTE last night, and was missing. When I put in Wind data I noticed the vertical ccrp line moved over more to one side and I hit the target.

The only other thought is that I’m flying on a 2.5 Open Beta server?

i9 12900KS, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 APEX, 64 GB DDR5 4700 mhz, ASUS RTX4090, Water cooled, C - NVME SSD, 😧 DCS on SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle, Crosswind rudder Pedals, 2 x Thrustmaster MFDs on LCD Screens, Varjo Aero VR, Logitech game controller