Friendly Fire

kram56

I'm a bit confused, whilst flying on-line (RAF Server), I shot down a friendly:doh:

The thing is there was no 'F' on my HUD, and my radar didn't seem to recognise him. :helpsmilie:

After that I was too scared to shoot anyone :(

Is there anything else I can do to check whether friend or foe?

If your using close range mode, make sure your radar is on. ("P" in hud) Press I to turn on radar and if an F appears, then don't shoot.

Same thing happened to me. Thank you Ironhand for informing me.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

You should explain why this happens too ...

Basically with close range modes, typically only your EOS is active, not the radar. The EOS has no IFF capability, and this is why you must turn the radar on to do the ID.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

You should explain why this happens too ...

Oops, sorry

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices