Return to Search option in STT

Jak525

Based off some stuff I've found and even some illustrations in the DCS Hornet manual, I believe there should be a "RTS" (return to search) option while the radar is in Single Target Track, just like there is in ACM mode. Under RTS should be the mode that the radar will return to - normally the last entered search mode RWS/TWS/VS, or if the gun is selected, GACQ (GACQ is one example illustrated in the DCS manual; this ties into another bug thread I made on GACQ behavior).

EDIT: some more detail.

see figure 7 1 on page 181

Point 3 "Return To Search (RTS) Indication. When the RADAR is in STT mode, the search mode that is entered when an STT lock is disengaged is displayed." (in this case, GACQ is displayed since the A/A gun is selected. Again, this ties into the other bug I reported.)

figure 7 5 on page 189

Point 3 "Return to Search (RTS) with RWS to be the return mode."

figure 7 7 on page 197

Point 1 "Return to Search (RTS) Indication. Single Target Track (STT) mode with Return to Search (RTS) indication."

Edited by Jak525

I believe you are referring to the Undesignate switch on your HOTAS which functions exactly as you describe.
Correct. I'm talking about an indication on the radar format that tells you which mode you'll go to when you press Undesignate.

Correct. I'm talking about an indication on the radar format that tells you which mode you'll go to when you press Undesignate.

I actually think the RTS RWS option next to osb 5 on the DDI should be a selectable option, when in STT. Currently doesn’t work. However it does when ACM is used for an STT.

Pressing it should return the return the radar to search, similar to the undesignate NWS button.

This is what jak525 was referring to.