[DCS BUG] AIM-54

chief

There is no need for tacview. They are pure mathematics. A missile launched at 60 miles maintains a speed of Mach 5 throughout its range, otherwise it would not have hit 9 seconds after entering active mode.

RWRs do not have complete 360 degrees coverage over your aircraft and you were not flying straight and level. Also the missile will not approach you from straight head-on, it is diving on you from high altitude. And what if your rwr was bugged? (Sry I know, there are no bugs in DCS... :) )

You see? It is not that simple.

Go to ME, have an AI fire at you, record the track, watch it from the missile's perspective.

The Phoenix has a long engine burn time, if the F14 was a M1.8 (Thing that is very capable of, as same as hornet an many other aircrafts) the missile could loft, and gain muuuuuch speed, and arrive at Mach 5.

This is starting to remind me of when you denied that the AMRAAM operated by the Hornet in TWS mode was failing, while it worked correctly in the rest of the modules that operate it. Finally time proved me right. The F-15s also didn't fly without both wings. Finally time proved me right. We can go on, but I don't feel like it.

This is starting to remind me of when you denied that the AMRAAM operated by the Hornet in TWS mode was failing, while it worked correctly in the rest of the modules that operate it. Finally time proved me right. The F-15s also didn't fly without both wings. Finally time proved me right. We can go on, but I don't feel like it.

This is OT, but I will answer you questions, The issue in the Hornet, that AFAIK is still there, but almost fixed completly wasn't the AMRAAM, but was the way the radar worked in TWS.

And the F15 flying without wings, that is correct, also the F18 can, and every plane in DCS can, because sometimes, bugs appears.

Now, back to topic, I'm making a track and TacView file to show to all of you. I will be going with the JF-17 since I don't have the F18, I will set the F14 at a high Mach number, as it should go to have more energy for the missile. Let's see how it goes

EDIT: I will do it with the F14, vs the F18, That will have more sense.

Edited by paco2002

This is OT, but I will answer you questions, The issue in the Hornet, that AFAIK is still there, but almost fixed completly wasn't the AMRAAM, but was the way the radar worked in TWS.

And the F15 flying without wings, that is correct, also the F18 can, and every plane in DCS can, because sometimes, bugs appears.

Now, back to topic, I'm making a track and TacView file to show to all of you. I will be going with the JF-17 since I don't have the F18, I will set the F14 at a high Mach number, as it should go to have more energy for the missile. Let's see how it goes

EDIT: I will do it with the F14, vs the F18, That will have more sense.

The F-14 in my video does not attack at maximum speed and altitude.

It attacks at 50/60 miles at a speed of Mach 1.0 and 30,000 feet.

If you represent a different scenario, you are not matching the situation.

Whether the failure was the missile or the radar is irrelevant.

I stated that the AMRAAM operated by the Hornet in TWS mode was not hitting the targets.

Your arguments were to say that this was not true and that I was completely unaware of the manual.

Finally, other similar reports supported my initial position.

In this capture we see your speed, your altitude and the distance with F14

862921554_Sanstihtre.thumb.png.b5ae6567a90a5421273e22282f254e88.png

Tower : IN WIN D-Frame Red - Watercooling : EKWB (CM, CPU, CG) - Alim : Corsair RM1000x - CM : Asus Maximus XI Formula - CPU : Intel i9 9900K 5.1Ghz - CG : Asus Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080Ti Strix OC 11Go - RAM : DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 64Go 3000Mhz - Windows 10 64 - DD System : 1To (2 SSD PCIe M.2 NvMe Samsung 970 Pro 500Go RAID 0) - Hotas : Virpil V.F.X Grip, MongoosT 50CM2 Throttle - Rudder : Thrustmaster TPR - VR Headset : HP Reverb - Monitor : Asus ROG PG348Q - Keyboard, Mouse : Steelseries

same condition a little more favorable for the F18 and a little less favorable for F14

1034106564_Sanstitjre.thumb.png.6152ad5b157c6e6dbcc3361e26fdbe0f.png

Tower : IN WIN D-Frame Red - Watercooling : EKWB (CM, CPU, CG) - Alim : Corsair RM1000x - CM : Asus Maximus XI Formula - CPU : Intel i9 9900K 5.1Ghz - CG : Asus Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080Ti Strix OC 11Go - RAM : DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 64Go 3000Mhz - Windows 10 64 - DD System : 1To (2 SSD PCIe M.2 NvMe Samsung 970 Pro 500Go RAID 0) - Hotas : Virpil V.F.X Grip, MongoosT 50CM2 Throttle - Rudder : Thrustmaster TPR - VR Headset : HP Reverb - Monitor : Asus ROG PG348Q - Keyboard, Mouse : Steelseries

I launch missile at 57Nm

There is no need for tacview. They are pure mathematics. A missile launched at 60 miles maintains a speed of Mach 5 throughout its range, otherwise it would not have hit 9 seconds after entering active mode.
Sadly, we need an acmi file (tacview) or a track.

As an advice, enter in one Virtual squadron, and learn the basics.

When you understand whats happening in combat, you will have more fun.

Sent from my MiG-29S (9-13S) using Tapatalk

:megalol:

"There is no need for tacview"

There is no need your feeling

For better answer we need data

same test with AIM54A-mk47

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b-kTGAaWgM&feature=youtu.be

no test with AIM54A-mk60 because on your video we don't see smoke of AIM54A-mk60 and because mk60 more thrust.

• ED Team

thread cleaned and reopend.

Treat each other with respect or don't post.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

As there seams to have been words like science and math thrown around, here is a little elementary school math problem. How much distance did the missile have to travel to hit the red plane? :smilewink:

All the horizontal lines represent the same axis, there is no significant loft, and the intercept geometry is of the pure variety :music_whistling:

missiletrajectory.JPG.08f19339e592cfa000679fd3900797e7.JPG

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

40nm :D

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

40nm :D

Indeed! :D

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

It's been a while since I've flown the F14. Does the AIM54 still track even when turning cold before it is in active range?

Do other missiles in DCS do the same?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

As there seams to have been words like science and math thrown around, here is a little elementary school math problem. How much distance did the missile have to travel to hit the red plane? :smilewink:

All the horizontal lines represent the same axis, there is no significant loft, and the intercept geometry is of the pure variety :music_whistling:

It is impossible to make an exact calculation of the distance traveled by the missile without knowing the time from launch to impact.

Either way, you are right, it would be stupid not to recognize that if the missile is launched from a distance of 60 miles, you have to subtract the distance that I have traveled towards the missile.