Dixmude Campaign Mission 8 bugged - can't complete

snodipous

I have flown Operation Dixmude Mission 8 "New Playmates" twice and it won't register as completed. Both times I flew the course as set out, destroyed the vehicles, retrieved the downed crew, and made it to the last waypoint with no crashes or problems. I don't get any voice comms from Meatboy or anybody else after picking up the crew, and I never get a message saying "Mission Completed".

At this point I think this is the end of the campaign for me - this mission takes >90 minutes, 87 minutes of which are just flying the waypoints. It's waaaay too long for me to go through it again only for the computer to not consider it complete.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 7 months later...

I've just had the same problem. It's a really long mission, I've hit the enemy, waited for the downed crew to be picked up, and made it home.

The only thing that I can't be sure of is that I took the correct route home - I'm pretty sure of my route after picking up the downed pilots, at least as far as the home run after completing the Northern circuit through the mountains, I'm just not sure that I turned West at the right point to return home. Looking at the knee-boards, it seemed that I should turn after seeing some pylons running across the valley in front of me but I didn't see them. That said, everything else was about as expected.

I don't know if the route has to be perfect for the mission to conclude as a win. I don't want to keep doing the mission as it's pretty gruelling but, other than missing a trigger-point, I can't think what else I'm doing wrong.

It doesn't help that there are about 30 waypoints and the NADIR only holds 9 without there being any clear way of inputting new, accurate ones.

If anyone has completed this, I would be curious to know if there were any further comments from Meatbow after picking up the downed crew.

Cheers!

CptT

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive

I went back and had a look at the mission planner, I'm certain that I did the circuit correctly although I'm not at all sure that I landed on the correct set of FARP pads. Can anyone tell me if this matters? I know that in the UN Pilot campaign for the Huey it was specified which pad I was to land on but there is nothing to indicate where I should land in this mission.

Still puzzled.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also on Mission 8, but I have a question that will get rather important for this mission:

How do you navigate past waypoint 9?

In the missions where this has been needed so far I have just used the kneeboard and visual repairs. But how is it you're supposed to do it from the NADIR?

• 1 month later...

I know this is somewhat old but after picking up the crew, you don't continue on the flight plan. You have to turn around and go back the way you came. Just prior to reaching the point where the flight plan converges there will be a spot where Sluggy lands. Then you continue back to the farp.

I messed up and continued on around the planned route and went back to the FARP. When it didn't complete I headed back up to the pickup point and it hit the trigger there.

• 3 months later...

I'm also trying this mission now.

I'm stuck before..

I shoot the helicopter which has a failure, then I shoot one of the vehicles. Then I don't have amo left so I tell The AH64 to kill the second vehicle : he goes away and hides behind the mountain. And does nothing.

What am I doing wrong ?

Hi

What do you mean by "has a failure"? Do you mean that it crashes and is destroyed, or is simply damaged? If it is simply damaged, it may be that the trigger is not triggered.

I am fairly sure that when I played this (although it was a long time ago) that Sluggy did destroy the other two vehicles. I can't remember how many missiles you start with in this mission. I am pretty certain that you should have some left over (as I made the mistake of shooting the downed helicopter to destroy it with one of my left-over missiles when I was trying to work out why the mission wouldn't end).

When I arrive on site, a helicopter is crashing on a mountain. If I understood correctly, I have to shoot at it (?). If I don't, it does little "jumps" on the snow, as if it was trying to take off but couldn't. At some point, if I don't shoot at it, it ends falling down the slope and gets destroyed.

Anyway : I fire one missile at it, then I see 2 vehicles (one firing at me) so I destroy one. Then I don't have ammo left.

Sluggy just stays behind me and does nothing.

Something has gone wrong there. That helicopter should just land, you shoot it, and leave Sluggy to zap the two vehicles.

I have been finding that there are quite a few bugs in Worlds Apart on the Huey which seem to have been introduced by changes to DCS over the last year or so. The guys that made the campaign have been running around busily fixing bugs as they are pointed out to them, I think the makers of Op Dixmude might need to do the same.

I was also unable to finish mission 6, and also had trouble with mission 7, during which I could fly over the base without anything happening...

The Gazelle has some bugs (the laser designator doesn't work well, the VTH is useless by night when firing a missile, ...). I'm a bit disapointed by this module. I think one should really think twice before buying modules that came out several years ago, as the developpers sometimes can't afford to fix the bugs introduced by DCS afterwards.

• 7 months later...

The campaign is such a mixed bag. The writing, story, and voice acting are very good, in my opinion. But some missions are much too deliberately difficult,  far too many happen in pitch blackness, and things like the mission 8 bug still exist. I had the exact same experience - after picking up the the Kiowa crew there is no instruction, so fly the rest of the flight plan and mission failed. On mission 7 you get " I have a target I am lazing now" but no coordinates, directions, or distances to help find it.  And the omniscient DCS AI does nothing to help matters.

I have changed all the nighttime missions to dawn missions to make them doable for myself (and converted it to play as KA-50).

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

• 5 weeks later...

Did the same changed night time to dawn . flying in VR at night is pretty bad . 

Can't finish mission 8 land at base click finish mission nothing happens .

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

• 10 months later...

Hello all , sames in april 2022  , for mission 8 i can 't finish trigger broken (screen) , ah 64d uselless (he die all the time in all  mission.) 

Night mission is clearly a bad idea ... No visiblity with night vision , we can 't saw Instruments ... and i tried different setting of gain and contrast ... (new weathers system are the problem maybe ... with new cloud and low visibility ). 

Screen_220406_165644.png

• 6 months later...

There was the same problem with passing the mission by 50 percent if you follow the flightplan.

To complete the mission at 100 percent, you must return to WP11 in the village of Passanauri, where Sluggy joins us for the first time. Then the trigger works and Meatboy says to land here.You can return by following the route through WP 15-20 (WP20=WP10). The main thing then turn to WP 11.

The problem with the mission is that neither in the briefing, nor in the mission description PDF file, nor in the radio messages from HQ or Meatboy says to return with Sluggy exactly to WP11 in Passanauri.  It just says RTB without being specific.
The campaign creator should at least add in the text subtitles (the voiceover probably can't be changed anymore) an explanation about returning to WP11 in Passanauri.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Edited by суховей
  • Like 1