Inquiries

Folks,

Yesterday, I tried the demo of LOMAC and fell in love with it and with the help of some of you here, I got the basics sorted out..and now I've just placed an order for it! I just have a couple of questions regarding LOMAC/Flaming Cliffs, so I would really appreciate it if you could help:

1) How comprehenseive is the Mission Editor/Fast Battle Planner:

i.e: Can you place yourself in a hanger, take off, cruise to FL300

bomb an AWACS/C-17/B52 and land back to the field? Or Do the same with a ship?

2) With weather effects, can you "feel" turbulence like Flight Simulator?

3) I understand the latest patch removes the CD Protection Kit?

4) How does one control the rudder? I "turn" my joystick left/right and the control surfaces seem to be perfect, but when I twist the hand I'm a sitting duck, espically on the ground..:helpsmilie:

1) Yes.

IIRC With the Aid of Mods you can place a Hangar at certain Spawning areas with the result that you will spawn in a Hangar.

By default you can either start a mission in the Air, from the Runway with Engines spooled and ready to Roll or from the Parking Area where you begin from a Cold-Start.

2) Off-Line - Yes

On-Line - No

3) No

4) Set the Axis to your Rudder via the Input Screen In-Game. Just click on the Rudder option, select "Change" and toggle your Twist-Grip. Should automatically sense the relevant setting and Input accordingly. Alternatively, Keyboard Input "Z" and "X" control Left and Right Rudder respectively.

For the best experience of Flight the T-Frog (Sukhoi 25T) with it's AFM cannot be beaten - be sure to give it a try :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

NP M8 :)

For a comprehensive "Library" of Mods, Skins, Add-On's etc etc be sure to head over to LockOnFiles

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Just to further expand on your question #3

3) I understand the latest patch removes the CD Protection Kit?

that was the latest patch for the original lock on (1.02) IIRC it also came with a no-cd. However, most of us have the addon Flaming Cliffs (1.1) which has SF protection. There's also two types of protection (cd version and download version), for cd version, you put in the cd once a week. For download version, you have activations.

So if you are planning to get flaming cliffs (which you should since its awesome), this is the install order

1.00 original lock on (no need to install 1.02 on top of this)

1.1 flaming cliffs

1.12b patch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Superkungfu,

Thanks for the clarification, I have orderd the boxed version of Lockon and Flaming Cliffs from simw.com and I'll follow your installation guide. So that means that I can play both lockon/flaming cliffs without the CD? with the exception of the weekly CD check?