Advanced Waypoint Actions Stop Conditions

Habu_69

So this is a little funny; if memory serves, a STOP condition prevents the action from ever executing but it will not necessarily cease the action once it is in progress. I.E. if you have a stop condition of FLAG 7 TRUE for a HOLD action, if flag 7 is true the vehicles will never hold to begin with. If the vehicles are already holding, flag 7 turning true will not cause them to resume.

All actions whose conditions have been met should activate, in linear order, when the unit reaches the waypoint at which the actions are assigned. If one action is given higher priority it may prevent others from occuring I.E. an "orbit" action before an "attack" action.

If orbit comes first, the unit will not attack until ordered to break its orbit. If attack comes first, the unit will attack the group if it is detected, and if not will proceed to their orbit. Hope that clears things up a little bit.

Hmmm. I have personally set up several missions with an orbiting AI and halted the orbit by turning a UF to true, using group in zone or a MOOSE script menu item for example. AI then resumes its flight plan. Needs further investigation.

Okay well this is in line with an issue I’m having- I’d set a couple units to immortal with the intention of allowing them to close within a certain distance while fighting and not dying. I set a stop condition for the immortal as a flag set to true when pet the red group moved into a zone. Unfortunately it doesn’t turn off.

I ended up deactivating the immortal unit and activating a mortal one and that works but I’d like to figure out the stop condition issue.

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Okay well this is in line with an issue I’m having- I’d set a couple units to immortal with the intention of allowing them to close within a certain distance while fighting and not dying. I set a stop condition for the immortal as a flag set to true when pet the red group moved into a zone. Unfortunately it doesn’t turn off.

Probably better to make an AI PUSH TASK for Immortal with VALUE parameter unchecked (will read 'off') then push that task with a trigger action and conditions you desire.