Wish List

Boneski

In terms of suggestions for a future graphic upgrade....please ED...take a look at outerra engine. : http://outerra.blogspot.com/

Look at teh trees....look at the ground...the noise detail...the shading. The tree size needs to be fixed. The outerra engine has a perfect scale of trees to aircraft.

Please get some other games like IL-2 and check out the explosion effects...the particle fx and so on. Nothing is more satisfying than seeing your target go up in pieces and fire and currently the lockon engine is terrible at rendering damage. Modifying every model to include damage particle fx that fall apart might be unpractical for now...but perhaps like IL-2, you can add details to existing effects to spew metal pieces around a explosion? Also ahve a look at the new silent hunter 5 explosion effects. Truly a great job. That is the color of fire and smoke effects that would be really amazing.

Awesome !!!

+1

i7 2600K - ASUS P8P67 - GSKILL RIPJAWS X 8GB CL 7 - NOCTUA NH-D14

GIGABYTE GTX 570@900/1800/2000 - ACCELERO XTREME PLUS

SSD OCZ VERTEX II RAID 0 240GB 34NM - XFX 850W BLACK EDITION

SB X-FI EXTREME GAMER

FANATEC CSW+BMW M3 GT2 RIM+FORMULA RIM - HOTAS COUGAR Ü2 NXT - TRACKIR 5

LIAN LI PC-X1000 - PANASONIC TX-P42VT30E - DELL 2709W

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crap, just realized...

Has anyone asked for half Vikhr loadout? Like 2x4, instead of 2x8. Sometimes there is no need to carry 16 missiles, and they make huge drag.

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

You mean decrease. If realism is desired, that is.

Make aircraft visibility more stable at distances and increase the distance in which aircraft become visible. :yes:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I would like to have a Mach indication in the HUD-nav-mode ... like in the combatmodes.

best regards

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Crap, just realized...

Has anyone asked for half Vikhr loadout? Like 2x4, instead of 2x8. Sometimes there is no need to carry 16 missiles, and they make huge drag.

But without all Vikhs you take empty tubes which are draggy too... (rather high draggy)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

You mean decrease. If realism is desired, that is.

Decrease for realism? Only if we are talking about pilots that failed the eye exam part of their physical. ;)

When Lockon was first released seeing other aircraft was extremely difficult but after a post I made, on UBI boards, gained momentum both Stormin and Wags (+ Dev Team :) ) looked into the problem and increased the visible distance considerably. However some problems still exist. I.e. the disappearing and reappearing of aircraft as you close in on them and most of the time you just can’t see at the distances you should be able to in real life. Test this yourself by looking up in the sky at aircraft and you’ll see that Lockon is way off.

The most realistic sim for visually acquiring an aircraft IMO is IL2 where you can see far smaller fighters than Su27s/F15s at far greater distances.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

We have studies concerning aircraft visibility ;)

You can certainly see a fighter plane close to 10km out, maybe farther under the right conditions and if it is big enough. But its painted the right color and you're looking at the horizon ... good luck.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Decrease for realism? Only if we are talking about pilots that failed the eye exam part of their physical. ;)

When Lockon was first released seeing other aircraft was extremely difficult but after a post I made, on UBI boards, gained momentum both Stormin and Wags (+ Dev Team :) ) looked into the problem and increased the visible distance considerably. However some problems still exist. I.e. the disappearing and reappearing of aircraft as you close in on them and most of the time you just can’t see at the distances you should be able to in real life. Test this yourself by looking up in the sky at aircraft and you’ll see that Lockon is way off.

The most realistic sim for visually acquiring an aircraft IMO is IL2 where you can see far smaller fighters than Su27s/F15s at far greater distances.

If you zoom in, in cockpit, you will have little trouble spotting targets, provided you know where to look.

Nate

So everything ED have studies for are modeled realistically in game ;) .

In my wish list I’d like this improved:

1080p cropped images:

F14 at 20km and 10 km is easier to see than 4 km. In fact at 4.0 km it disappeared completely for a split second and as far as I know camouflage should work better the farther you are from the object.

farj.jpg

10299351.jpg

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

model swap :(.

For Su27 you can see it out to 40km, but if it is a F-14 it is much less in FC 1.12.

You can do some workarounds with modellod files, but they arent perfect either.

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

Same thing happens with both Fulcrum types. LODs are the trouble. At greater distances planes are represented as dark dots but when camo jumps in planes simply disappear.

Gray camouflage is less visible at 3 km than black dot at 10km.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But without all Vikhs you take empty tubes which are draggy too... (rather high draggy)

No, no, not like that. I mean with less tubes to start with. Only 4 tubes (loaded), and no empty. There are pics with only 4 tubes, but for Petes sake, I can't find it right now :mad:

And another wish that I forgot to mention: IR missile guidence - no interceptions, only tail chase.

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

No, no, not like that. I mean with less tubes to start with. Only 4 tubes (loaded), and no empty. There are pics with only 4 tubes, but for Petes sake, I can't find it right now :mad:

Are you sure you saw 4 tubes of Vikhrs missiles not Hermes ones?

I've never seen Vikhr packs in another set than 6 or 8. I don't know if it is possible to remove any tube without Vympel or whatever producer it is action first.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

... you want Vietnam heaters? :D

And another wish that I forgot to mention: IR missile guidence - no interceptions, only tail chase.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wish the english voice in training missions to be understable, since now it's quality is just horrible.

Also fix that R27ET bullshit and AIM-9 which always miss. Generally, the effectiveness of all missiles (except ET) should be increased significantly.

Also it'd be nice if aircraft in multiplayer didn't jump around so much when they catch a wire (...)

True. Jerking aircraft due to lag looks kinda weird.

Edited by funkee

[sIGPIC]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6720/avatarpolishairforce.png[/sIGPIC]

system specs:

mobo: Gigabyte GA-P35DS4 rev 2.1, CPU: Intel C2D E8400@4GHz, GPU: Nvidia 8800GTS 512, RAM: Kingston HyperX 4x 1GB 1066MHz Dual Channel, HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F1 640 GB x2, sound: Realtek Azalia ALC889A + SB Audigy + Dolby Digital/DTS external encoder/tuner, display: Asus VW222U 22', case: Raidmax Smilodon, headphones: Sennheiser HD650, stick: Saitek Cyborg Evo, Track IR4 Pro + TrackClip Pro, O/S: Windows 7/Vista x64

Agree w/ Cosmo. I don't know all the facts about how far one can see- I suspect that can vary wildly with human factors & weather. I do know that a plane ain't supposed to "cloak" up close. I did see Yoda's comment about "model swap"- I reckon that means it's not simple to fix..

My stuff is aircraft carrier related.

I'd like a working 'meatball' on the aircraft carrier and maybe a moving deck :)

Also it'd be nice if aircraft in multiplayer didn't jump around so much when they catch a wire. I realise that's largely their ping.

+1. At one time in the past- the wires were animated.

Just had couple of ours with FC2.0.

Have to say that FEBA is real death-zone now ...

... resulted in turning the labels on ... for now ... until I get more used to it ... ;-)))

Was wondering, when flying couple of missions in A-10 campaign ... that it might be a nice feature to enable something like 'Fly the campaign in on-line COOP mode' ...

Started to think about it after seeing my number to make big turns through areas I wouldn't fly into ... ((after giving him: engage mission and RTB) maybe just requires RTFM regarding wingman handling ... (was in the rush to check the FC2.0 ... no RTFM done yet ... ;-) ) ) ...

Anyway ... it would be nice to fly campaign online, with real person ... do the comms ... etc. (I know, that the missions can be loaded and flown online, one by one ... maybe after small tweaking ... but ... online COOP CAMPAIGN ... hmmmm ... ;-) )

Just a small 'feature' idea proposed ...

To close it:

as many times said already : Great job with FC 2.0 ED !

SVK_MiB

Another proposal:

After joining the multiplayer game ...

The screen might display also number of players in each coalition ...

(It's hard to assume which side to join in flavor to make the player numbers even)

It might be something like :

RED Coalition - [number of players]

[table here]

Blue coalition - [number of players]

[table here]

or maybe [number of players/total slots for this side]

Individual left and right toe brakes, I remember asking for this on a forum somewhere when Lock On was being developed and understand its still not in Flaming Cliffs 2?

Seems like an opportunity missed, maybe it can be patched in?

Practically all Rudder Pedals these days have Toe Brake support, CH, Simpeds, Saitek and the Logitech HOTAS pedals do too.

Its a small detail for some, but the big picture is made up of attention to detail.

Individual left and right toe brakes, I remember asking for this on a forum somewhere when Lock On was being developed and understand its still not in Flaming Cliffs 2?

Seems like an opportunity missed, maybe it can be patched in?

Practically all Rudder Pedals these days have Toe Brake support, CH, Simpeds, Saitek and the Logitech HOTAS pedals do too.

Its a small detail for some, but the big picture is made up of attention to detail.

Second this one....my toe brake axis remain unused...:cry: