Wish List

Boneski

The MIG-21 you speak of is a 3rd party MOD.

hence the need to start both engines.. If ED could provide a single and twin engine template for modders that would be great plus add a few more slots in the A/C list.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The MIG-21 you speak of is a 3rd party MOD.

hence the need to start both engines.. If ED could provide a single and twin engine template for modders that would be great plus add a few more slots in the A/C list.

Yes, that's right. As i wrote - it's a mod. But i thought, if a private user is able to make a 3D-Cockpit, ED is it too. And.... before we get cockpit shadows, we should get a 3D-Cockpit. Hope you know, what i meen ;).

Greets

I forgot to add to my previous post, when you lock onto someone with an IR missile who is pumping out flares, the seeker should be decoyed by the flares. Should also be apparent in the HUD with the seeker circle. Currently putting out flares pre launch has little to no effect.

It would probably help you guys if you enlisted the assistance of some of the retired Fighter Pilots who fly lock on rather than survey the community for their opinions on systems "bugs". If you don't know who they are, PM me. Or ask GG Tharos.

• Like 1

3Sqn - Largest distributor of Flanker, Fulcrum and Frogfoot parts in the Black Sea Region

A more realistic IFF system please. In FC it looks like very simple to ID the bogey miles away as the radar sorts out contacts automaticely, whereas it not that obvious in real as pilots need AWACS's or GCI's confirmation before turning weapons hot on a bogey. This will bring the need to do more visual ID's, more close encounters, more fun.

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

A more realistic IFF system please. In FC it looks like very simple to ID the bogey miles away as the radar sorts out contacts automaticely, whereas it not that obvious in real as pilots need AWACS's or GCI's confirmation before turning weapons hot on a bogey. This will bring the need to do more visual ID's, more close encounters, more fun.

People aren't going to do VID's, they'll still shoot like they do now. AWACS can't tell you if it's a bandit that you have locked up now. They'll have to rework the AWACS comm menu, which means rework the AWACS.

Edited by Cali

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

People aren't going to do VID's, they still shoot like they do now.

Yes, most likely. What a virtual fratricide means after all? nothing?

AWACS can't tell you if it's a bandit that you have locked up now.

Sure it can, not always though. AWACS's NCTR capability is much more powerful.

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

Autoscale of aerial units. It's really hard to spot them even in the highest resolution.

Falcon BMS does a real good job at this. They should just bring the F-16 and put it into DCS 8)

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

That came out wrong :doh: They can tell you, but they'll have to rework it.

Exactly, nothing. Besides, if you're stuck in a fighter with no IFF transmitter or receiver, that's your own fault ;) (Not that the IFF hardware is perfect, but what the hey - it's simulated simply and effectively for now)

I'm not sure what you're thinking of, but if you're thinking radar based NCTR, I wouldn't count on it too much. AWACS has failed to declare in RL at times.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Yes IFF in real as well as ROE's look very tricky and complicated, am fairly sure they wont allow you to shoot at someone not responding to IFF as a friendly without complementary Intel from AWACS or other sources. That's why most of the time it's ending up on VID's.

As you mentioned, best is to keep it simple. A bit trigger-happy but that's the best deal given the limitations.

NCTR is supposed to be based on radar signature but that is not always accurate, even less for new generation fighters with classified signatures.

Yes, in RL they have identification matrices which can include anything from IFF/NCTR/Radio/AWACS/Knowing where the aircraft came from/RWR Indications etc, you get the idea ...

Also the IFF radio itself can be finicky, before we even get into IFF failures ... unfortunately programming AI to make all those decisions is time consuming.

Yes IFF in real as well as ROE's look very tricky and complicated, am fairly sure they wont allow you to shoot at someone not responding to IFF as a friendly without complementary Intel from AWACS or other sources. That's why most of the time it's ending up on VID's.

As you mentioned, best is to keep it simple. A bit trigger-happy but that's the best deal given the limitations.

NCTR is supposed to be based on radar signature but that is not always accurate, even less for new generation fighters with classified signatures.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Dunno, but can some of you 'third wipes' buff up my mfds? thx. :D

Do you really wanna start something like that? :music_whistling: :D

During a training event I fired 3xAIM-120C at a helicopter yesterday from 20-26nm spread. All 3 tracked. None hit, they just blew right past him in to the ground. Choppers was doing >120knts towards me.

C'mon Son, fix the damn missiles.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am wondering, if anyone knows, how much FC 3 will cost, so i can be prepared. I don`t have much money, it would help me now for buying tomorrow, thx.

Nobody can really say at this point. If I were to pick a number I would assume $19-$29 dollars but that is only a best guesstimate based on previous pricing tactics. It could just as easily go for higher or lower.

i want the F-15C A2G capabiliities , (at least of the Israeli one) included

i7 880 | HD 7870 | 8 Gb DDR3 1600 | ECS P55H-A | OCZ Vertex 2 180 | Intel 330 180 | WD 500 AAKS | 2x WD 2T Green | Enermax Liberty 620 | CH Combatstick & Throttle | TrackIR 3 | HP ZR24W | Windows 7 x64