Wish List

Boneski

WRT to F15 Airfield navigation. Would it be possible to add to the HUD the specific Airfield reference number (as used in the SU25T) when switching between Airfields in RTN mode and ILS. Have the number in the same place as the INS Waypoint number. In this way when you say select ILS Number 11 you know that is for Batumi airfield etc

List posted by YoYo in the F15C Navigation thread:

nowy2j.jpg

Looks like I might have to add this in to my pit.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still would love to see atmospheric effects on the planes body..contrails and pressure clouds on the surfaces. I know it doesn't occur ALL the time..but certainly some times and would add another level of 'realism' I always miss seeing it. Hell even FSX has it on 3rd party planes..!

How about when in the easy comm menu, the home base is colored. So, if I take off from Visani, when I open the comm menu it will be blue. For those of us that speed through the briefing and forget which base we are sitting at on start up.

The ability to adjust labels other than editing the LUA file. Make them more dynamic than on/off. The ability to set range and symbol displayed at range. For me, labels on kills it but labels off kills me. I need some balance.

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

Howbout a better gun noise for the in cockpit sound when firing the gun in all aircraft (F15's comes to mind though)? similar to the A-10's gun noise update with A-10C, (the a10a was the same gun noise as the rest in FC2) something better than that rumble thats been around since FC2...

SU33 AOA INDEXER ON/OFF LOGIC ...... NOT LOGICAL

This is kind of dumb imo. The SU33 Approach AOA indexer only illuminates once you are in LDG mode with a valid ILS signal working i.e. "K" cue in the HUD.

The indexer should be tied to Landing Gear position as it is in USN aircraft*.

In this way if the gear is down the AOA indexer is available to the pilot. If the gear is up the indexer turns itself off.

At present for instance if you try and land an SU33 on a non ILS equiped airfield or CV you don't get the Indexer. A good example is trying to land an SU33 on the USN CV... they don't have a compatible ILS system so the Indexer never comes alive.

A similar case is if you want to fly a Visual approach to the Kuznetsov with out utilising the ILS ... you wont ever get the Indexer.

HOW TO FIX

Simply tie the SU33 AOA Indexer ON/OFF logic to landing gear position.

Gear Down = Indexer ON

Gear UP = Indexer OFF.

*USN mechanisation also includes an interlock to Hook position. If the Hook is not down the indexer will flash. In case you want to do a Touch and Go you have a Field/Bypass switch in the Field position it just removes the Hook interlock so the Indexer works normaly even with hook up. This is not available in FC so just use Gear position as the Indexer ON/OFF determinant.

----------------------------------------------------------

Here is the full system logic description for the FA-18:

2.12.10 Angle-Of-Attack (AOA) Indexer. The AOA indexer (figure 2-19) is mounted to the left of the

HUD. It displays approach angle of attack (AOA) with lighted symbols. Corresponding AOA

indications are shown on the HUD. The indexer only operates with the landing gear down, W-off-W,

a valid ADC AOA signal and a functional ADC. The lighted symbol(s) flash if the arresting hook is up

and the hook bypass switch, on the left vertical panel, is in CARRIER. The symbols do not flash with

the arresting hook up and the hook bypass switch in FIELD. The switch is solenoid held to FIELD and

automatically goes to CARRIER when the arresting hook is lowered or aircraft power is removed. The

AOA indexer knob on the HUD controls dimming of the symbols.

Edited by IvanK

possible to reduce the ambient cockpit lighting on fc3 aircraft su33/27 mig29s/ su25s/a10a.

or at least have a double key stroke feature with 2 lighting options = dim bright.

screen below example of flying at night, i find it to bright inside.

screen121122061321.jpg

somthing like this would be little better.

3760528617.jpg

Edited by diveplane

I wish that ED reconsider the performance of the Eagles in Lock On.

They have been nerf-ed so much since the patch 1.2.1 for FC 2.0

I mean, like, c'mon, it is a jet fighter, and it is like a flying brick after the patch. Every movements on the Eagle has been slow after the patch, the perfect performance was in the release version of the FC2. Make it a good choice in countering Su-27/Su-33 during dogfighting.

I like Lock On for having the F-15C, but i don't like ED for nerf-ing it too much.

Yes, yes, ED nerfed F-15 badly, he cant shoot under water too :)))

Dude ED leave you an option in LO to win against SU 27, hardly but it's possible :) in real life is not at all

cheers!

• Like 1

Great to see many folks supporting A-10A in FC, that proves it's not about the depth of the sim only, but also about the joy and experience we had while flying FC. Great FC MP days can not be forgotten that easy, emotions rule everything at the end of the day.

This post make me to say something.... MP in 1.12 was great and community was large. Each weekend was some of missions, or event all over. BSS, Red Flag, GI, Nucleus, Cooperative Archer and more. People were happy, satisfied, nobody was thinking about some perfect cockpit, or extra details, all were about to log hyper lobby and have awsome evenings in combat. Skies were on fire on all severs, multiply options for dogfighters, BVR, A2G everything. Many squadrons took a part, some more some less but all of us was flying, making friendships, starting argues and fight :) but we were HAPPY!!!

Then showed 2.0.... Instantly half of squadrons died, rest was crippled and decreased, public events DEAD! I remember first Red Flag in 2.0, was failure. Servers were empty even in evening hours. I am very afraid what will happen after 3.0. I red almost all posts here and all i see is dissopointment. All of us trying to do something to save this sim, bcs we remember old days. Gents if you dont have community and working, active servers playable - you dont have NOTHING! This is all in vain. Give opportunity to simmers to win learning expirience and with trainings, not with some fancy crap, and with making favoritism of one side. This is war, combat sim, and if you make one side, same side wont have anyone to fight with. Game is over. S! all.

Edited by blackgruya

Would be great to have condensation vortex and some shaking at high G's!! (starting at 2:00 in this video)

+1 :thumbup::smartass::pilotfly:

Intel i5 11700F + H80 | 4x4GB 3200mhz RAM | AORUS ELITE B560M | Samsung 850 PRO SSD 256gb| KINGSTON SA400 480GB SSD | WD 500GB | Gigabyte GTX 1070 8GB | Antec 1200 PSU | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and homemade panels and rudder pedals | 24" Samsung T24C550 @60Hz 2ms | Opentrack 3 led clip

SU33 AOA INDEXER ON/OFF LOGIC ...... NOT LOGICAL

This is kind of dumb imo. The SU33 Approach AOA indexer only illuminates once you are in LDG mode with a valid ILS signal working i.e. "K" cue in the HUD.

The indexer should be tied to Landing Gear position as it is in USN aircraft*.

In this way if the gear is down the AOA indexer is available to the pilot. If the gear is up the indexer turns itself off.

At present for instance if you try and land an SU33 on a non ILS equiped airfield or CV you don't get the Indexer. A good example is trying to land an SU33 on the USN CV... they don't have a compatible ILS system so the Indexer never comes alive.

A similar case is if you want to fly a Visual approach to the Kuznetsov with out utilising the ILS ... you wont ever get the Indexer.

HOW TO FIX

Simply tie the SU33 AOA Indexer ON/OFF logic to landing gear position.

Gear Down = Indexer ON

Gear UP = Indexer OFF.

*USN mechanisation also includes an interlock to Hook position. If the Hook is not down the indexer will flash. In case you want to do a Touch and Go you have a Field/Bypass switch in the Field position it just removes the Hook interlock so the Indexer works normaly even with hook up. This is not available in FC so just use Gear position as the Indexer ON/OFF determinant.

----------------------------------------------------------

Here is the full system logic description for the FA-18:

2.12.10 Angle-Of-Attack (AOA) Indexer. The AOA indexer (figure 2-19) is mounted to the left of the

HUD. It displays approach angle of attack (AOA) with lighted symbols. Corresponding AOA

indications are shown on the HUD. The indexer only operates with the landing gear down, W-off-W,

a valid ADC AOA signal and a functional ADC. The lighted symbol(s) flash if the arresting hook is up

and the hook bypass switch, on the left vertical panel, is in CARRIER. The symbols do not flash with

the arresting hook up and the hook bypass switch in FIELD. The switch is solenoid held to FIELD and

automatically goes to CARRIER when the arresting hook is lowered or aircraft power is removed. The

AOA indexer knob on the HUD controls dimming of the symbols.

This is a bug in the sim? Or a design philosophy IRL?

Intel i5 11700F + H80 | 4x4GB 3200mhz RAM | AORUS ELITE B560M | Samsung 850 PRO SSD 256gb| KINGSTON SA400 480GB SSD | WD 500GB | Gigabyte GTX 1070 8GB | Antec 1200 PSU | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and homemade panels and rudder pedals | 24" Samsung T24C550 @60Hz 2ms | Opentrack 3 led clip

This post make me to say something.... MP in 1.12 was great and community was large. Each weekend was some of missions, or event all over. BSS, Red Flag, GI, Nucleus, Cooperative Archer and more. People were happy, satisfied, nobody was thinking about some perfect cockpit, or extra details, all were about to log hyper lobby and have awsome evenings in combat. Skies were on fire on all severs, multiply options for dogfighters, BVR, A2G everything. Many squadrons took a part, some more some less but all of us was flying, making friendships, starting argues and fight :) but we were HAPPY!!!

Then showed 2.0.... Instantly half of squadrons died, rest was crippled and decreased, public events DEAD! I remember first Red Flag in 2.0, was failure. Servers were empty even in evening hours. I am very afraid what will happen after 3.0. I red almost all posts here and all i see is dissopointment. All of us trying to do something to save this sim, bcs we remember old days. Gents if you dont have community and working, active servers playable - you dont have NOTHING! This is all in vain. Give opportunity to simmers to win learning expirience and with trainings, not with some fancy crap, and with making favoritism of one side. This is war, combat sim, and if you make one side, same side wont have anyone to fight with. Game is over. S! all.

The goal was/is to bring fast jets into DCS so FC2 and DCS aren't 2 different sims. I have no idea how it's panning out, but I hope it works.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Wish list

It would be helpful, if when in the mission editor, the squadron plane you choose showed a thumbnail of the skin to be applied. When you download a bunch of sweet skins it is easy to lose track.

Also, please develop a flyable Rockwell B1 bomber.

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

DCS FC3 IMPORTANT REMARKS (I THINK)

Good evening ! :smilewink:

To begin, I find that DCS FC3 is a really good simulator. The graphics are wonderful ! But, there are two things very disappointing.

1) The rolling

There are only the SU-25 and the SU-25T who have a very realistic rolling. The others planes (Mig-29, Su-27, Su-33, A-10 and F-15) are a very bad rolling. It's really not realist. It's like a "robot", there isn't inertia. For exemple, when I turn to the left, and that I return the rudder to neutral, the movement is immediately stopped. I don't know if you are understand. Compare the the rolling of SU-25 with the rolling of the Su-27, or Mig-29. Look the difference ! For a simulator like DCS FC3, I believe that it's disappointing...

2) The impossibility to do a tight patrol

The second negative point it's the impossibility to do a tight patrol. We can do that, but with the option "follow", and we can't give commands, like break. In LOMAC, we could do tight patrol with commands. Now, If we want do "an airshow", with a tight patrol and formation change, we can't. The tight patrol have been deleted for more realism, but, why to have completely deleted this option ? Are you forgotten the break at the verical of airfield, or the landing in tight patrol after a mission ? If someone want a realistic mission, he can open the formation, and if someone want do a formation flight, with breaks, landings in patrol, or an airshow, he close the formation, like LOMAC.

Does anybody is agree with me ? It's a small survey. Give your opinion !

Before the final release of DCS FC3, is there a chance for improvements about planes rolling (except for the Su-25 and Su-25T, who have a perfect rolling) and for restore the possibility of tight patrol ?

However, I want congratulate the DCS FC3 developpers for their work. Everything else is perfect !

Thanks ! :smilewink:

Sheppard

Edited by Sheppard

I think the difference in rolling inertia you notice could be due to the Standard Flight Model being used for most planes, whereas the SU-25 variants were given the Advanced Flight Model (as far back as FC1 I think).

I'm not experienced enough to talk about formations.

True. The taxiing in FC3 (the THIRD installment of the series) is unforgivingly abysmal. Same goes for take offs and landings. They're scripted as it gets. Now, if this was Lomac, ok. Flaming Cliffs? Ok. Flaming Cliffs2? Hmm..ok. But Flaming Cliffs 3? I think it's about time some basic things get fixed.

I'd rather wait few more months for them to implement the landing physics and fix the taxiing behaviour..it's badly needed IMO.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

If you see the AI choppers have better landing physics and ground handling than the flyable FC3 aircraft. I think it was part of improvements in Black shark series. Its high time the flyable jets / non-flyable jets get some attention.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Good evening ! :smilewink:

To begin, I find that DCS FC3 is a really good simulator. The graphics are wonderful ! But, there are two things very disappointing.

1) The rolling

There are only the SU-25 and the SU-25T who have a very realistic rolling. The others planes (Mig-29, Su-27, Su-33, A-10 and F-15) are a very bad rolling. It's really not realist. It's like a "robot", there isn't inertia. For exemple, when I turn to the left, and that I return the rudder to neutral, the movement is immediately stopped. I don't know if you are understand. Compare the the rolling of SU-25 with the rolling of the Su-27, or Mig-29. Look the difference ! For a simulator like DCS FC3, I believe that it's disappointing...

Same as with FC2 the only aircraft with AFM modelling are Su-25 and T. I never had to counter the roll in order to neutralize F-15C, Su-27, -33, or MiG-29 in rolls cause these are the SFM planes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1/ already answered

2/ "follow" is not meant for close formation ; it's normal you can't give orders, it's another group/patrol ; what you're asking is either a "very close" option, or a lower distance between planes when the "close" option is chosen ; (close/open options for formations aready exist, and yes close in DCS is less close than it was before)

spacer.png

Hello !

Before the final release, can you improve the planes rolling and restore the possibility to do a tight patrol, like in LOMAC ?

I think that many people think like me. There will be really good. The simulator will be perfect.

Thanks !

Sheppard

1/ already answered

2/ "follow" is not meant for close formation ; it's normal you can't give orders, it's another group/patrol ; what you're asking is either a "very close" option, or a lower distance between planes when the "close" option is chosen ; (close/open options for formations aready exist, and yes close in DCS is less close than it was before)

Close was too close and open was too open...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]