Wish List

Boneski

Interesting point which could be implemented in a (dynamic) campaign system. Right now, you only have failures if you specifically configure them in the mission.

Spot on AirTito, Spot On.

See LockOn has part of this already with the time based failures triggers for the player's ownship.

To expand on this and make it more robust is to add a database and some way to AGE the values in the database.

As stated at the start there is no such thing as a free flight.

Also a lot of this stuff can be simulated in a very simple way based on time. A class of failures can happen based on a time range and so on.

This can get really detail and cpu cycles are limited. But Lock ON and the Flanker code base has had these basic elements for some time. The next product should expand on it.:pilotfly:

• Like 1

My mission is to fly, fight, and win. o-:|:-o What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also a lot of this stuff can be simulated in a very simple way based on time. A class of failures can happen based on a time range and so on.

IMO that's the easy part- to predict with a certain probability when a malfunction would occur during aircraft/engine/component's service life. The hard moment is to create it's physical model- for example a turbine blade colapse- what damages it could cause (cutting hydraulic lines and/or flight controls rods- which ones, eventualy affecting the other engine), how that would affect engine's parameters (thrust, RPM, EGT, vibrations). That, of course, assumes a very complex engine model that takes into account even material stress which perhaps goes beyond the scope of a comercial flight sim but it won't hurt if we think about it.

Lock On has a good combat damage modelling, further improved in FC. What it lacks, along with any other sim, is the random non-combat failures accumulated in the total flight time of a given player. That would make the virtual a/c and it's pilot actualy be in service where most of the malfunctions happen during non combat flights.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Well hopful the simulated crew chief would pull a high time jet from flight status.. during none combat training.

In combat lets say during a hot turn around the jet might be code 2 something has failed but the jet is safe to fly.

But like you said... high run time engine with a lot if metal in the oil... you are asking for trouble... That's a simulation all by it self.

Also just to add... Graphics are good enough today to support in Cockpit

hand signals.. even it they are scripted... it would be a nice touch.

My mission is to fly, fight, and win. o-:|:-o What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.

I'm still trying to find the balance of how applicable would be to add a maintenance factor in a flight sim. For instance I know that after reaching 9g in flight the MiG-29 has to pass a special maintenance. Or for example the TV3-117VMA turboshaft engine (used in Ka-50) can operate up to 2.5min at emergency power(2400hp) and 30min at take-off power(2200hp) in OEI (one engine inoperative) conditions and if you exceed this limit further operation of the engine is prohibited- it must go to the overhaul factory. Engine RAI (removal and installation) usualy takes a day if the crew is well trained.

So I'm trying to figure a way to implement this in a simulator, because I believe no one is paying attention how they operate their aircraft and constantly ignoring the limitations it has IRL. If they were modelled accurately people should start thinking more technicaly and it would be interesting to have a penalty for not following the rules. Like it's IRL- pilots are grounded for some period because they've pushed the aircraft beyond the limits causing severe damage. Now I undersand that when you launch the game a message like "StarForce report: Your aircraft is undergoing engine RAI. You're now grounded for 1 week you noob!" :D:D:D whould make you say "Piss off, I'm the guy in charge here, I'll move to another game then!" but a penalty element would be a nice touch to make people think more realistic when they virtualy operate their aircraft.

Also, I think the refuel/rearm feature in LO should be revised. Ok, we can now do it only at airfields, but it would be nice if it evolve more like- only at the ramp with engines off like IRL. And make this time about 5-10mins approximately for the MiG-29 and twice for the Su-27- full refuel and rearm with a certain time needed for preflight check and walkaround inspection. Durign that period pilots G-wear is reset and you can again pull 9G's without blacking out at 7.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

On the ramp with the correct vehicles present. If they get blown up, game over! :D

Also about the maintenance and in-flight damage occuring due to abuse (surpassing limits) of components: It should DEFINITELY be there, it's just that repair should be a 'simplified repair model' that repairs things just as it does now ... and a 'realistic repair model' which tells you to log out and get back in if you -really- mess up....or counts you down for a death or something ... or just takes a realistic amount of time to repair, thus prompting players to get a new aircraft.

Then, you can add the option of having a limited number of airframes of a type at a given airfield. ;)

This means that the editor, and sortie generation also become a little more complex. But it is very desireable.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

My wishlist:

• native widescreen support - OPTIONS GUI improved with selectable aspect ratio - 4:3, 5:4, 16:9, 16:10

• multi-thread, multi-core systems support

• SLI support

• DX9 extensions support

• corrected HOTAS Cougar analog target designator support (so it works as intended, to move around targer designator cursor, or pan shkval camera around - now you have to use it digitally, because when in analog mode it always goes back to center position and what makes things totally impossible - try to aim shkval or tgt designator and lock)

• dedicated server (console, no GUI, no 3D graphics loaded)

• full anti-aliasing support - OPTIONS GUI improved with new selectable options; OBJECTS visiblity fixed while in AntiAliasing mode - by changing single pixel LOD objects into fuzzy points - check Celestia application (how it renders stars) to see what I mean

. anti-aliasing + heatblur bugs should be fixed

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I want an airbase at Turkey side in Black Sea map. An example I'd like to take off from Sinop NATO base, make refuel from airtanker at middle of sea and pass to other side in mission, but without 3rd part software.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS

There was a mod that moves Razdolnoye into Turkey where Merzifon AB is. I could aks for the former bulgarian air bases Balchik and Dobrich but it's an OT, remind you that we talk about the 'little things' that makes a sim more special. Lets focus on quality rather than quantity.

GG, I agree that such things requires completely new ME and Pilot Logbook. About the repairs- it should be according to the type of damage. IRL an RD-33 or AL-41F engine takes about 2h for complete RAI. No one wants to just sit and wait that long so lets say a 30mins would be a sort of a compromise. A whole set of, like you said, standart repairs could be coded and while you wait on the ground they get gixed one by one. Not like it's now- 3 mins with engines off and you're good to go.

On another hand, if you come to think of it, this seems to be applicable only for a campaign scenario, be it online or offline. For guns or formations it doesn't make much sense. So it could be part of a campaign engine.

=RvE=

AirTito, that's why you'd want options.

Imagine this...

Option 1: THings are more or less as they are now, just more complex.

Option 2: Realistic repair times with limited airframes per airfield or side or starting point, whichever works (or all of them, even better!).

So you have to get out and 'get a new airframe' if you're going to have a 2 hour RAI. In that case, that airframe may not be used by anyone until things are 'worked out'. This does not require a campaign per se, but it does require a fairly complex scenario capability, really pretty much in vain of F4's real-time-campaign, just maybe a little more limited.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Hi there all,

I do not read all the posts but I have an idea of what people ask for. Some ask for better in game environment, hardware, all kinds of procedures, better improvements on weather and so on. Well before I say anything more I wish that all my text will be read and as the other posts here will be analised and see what you (development team) are able to do to improve this simulation otherwise this post would be a non sense. All of us have a lot to request and would like to see this simulation as would be like in real life plus without any restrictions on planes, geographic locals, multiplayer, COM´s etc...

What i would like to see in Lock On as others have said;

1.Hardware:

-Support for Track IR 6DOF

-New axis support (for example pedals breaks axis)

-There are more things that I would like to see but as I am not familiar with software-hardware symbioses I am not able to talk about other features.

2.Software:

a.Environment\World:

-New weather system.

-New smoke system.

-Improvement of terrain textures (as well as roads, cliffs, etc).

-Add civil aviation

b.Aircrafts:

-New 3D cockpits with clickable panels.

-Radios (interaction with multiplayer).

-New weapons load outs.

-Include a new ATG plane for blue side (don´t know but maybe A-10C?)

-Realistic start up and shutdown. (at least with more than 1 key)

c.Single Player:

-Improved training section.

-Improved AI.

d.Multiplayer:

-Dynamic multiplayer campaign.*

-Radios with ATC and interaction with multiplayer pilots (VoIP with frequencies).*

-New interactions with base (refuel, rearm, more ATC options, realistic taxi and clearence with all those taxi takeoffs guys being shot down by our AA, realistic take off and landing clearence with traffic patterns).*

e.Sounds:

-Improved engine, AF sounds

-Improved cockpit sounds (wind, avionics sound, clicks and radios).

-Improved environment sounds

f.Graphics:

-The graphics are really good but some improvements were good especially the cockpits, weather, environment as I said above, lights and if you can enable shadows and reflections on cockpit if you are able to do clickable 3D cockpit with 6DOF.

*This obviously should be on SP too.

Anyway those are some of the thinks I would like to see on our simulator. I am sure that are more things and more important to add but that is why this is a forum. Now I let you (development team) to analise and see if there are any of those things that can be included on LOMAC. Some of those things may require a new 3D engine or programming the software on a different manner (or they are complex) but as I told you before I don´t have the knowledge to say something about that and that is were you guys come to analise this.

Anyway I hope you can improve at least the important things that for me are Multiplayer, campaign, clickable 3D Cockpits, procedures, radios and ATC. The graphics and sounds are still good as well as terrain and weather system.

If you really want to improve LOMAC no matter what are the obstacles and difficulties go ahead and see what you can really do.

Best regards to all.

Focha

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

Cockpit sounds...

Again Lock ON has laid the ground work in this area already.

It would be nice to tweak the options so that people that want the "Hollywood Sounds" cockpit can have that.

As well as the Actual sounds cockpit options.

A new product could take advantage of sound hardware of the day.

Muted sounds, wind noise, and comms/ systems make up the major sounds in a fighter's cockpit. A game could also simulate that environment.

This next item might not make the small list..

But a living map would be nice. Meaning that ground objects

are entities in a database.

To keep this simple the break down goes like this.

Side A vs. Side B

Both Sides have resources that have a total value. Think Spread Sheet with a total value column.

As items are damaged or destroyed their values changed from 100% to 0%

This will change the assets total value calc.

Subsets of the database could then be pulled out. For example: a side's fuel making and fuel stores. This total value will change based on the status of elements remaining active by a side.

Kill a power station: The total value of power production is reduced by some factor. But if that power station is on the same Grid ID as the Fuel Refinery then that Refinery could be down 100% dropping the total Fuel production Total Value down by 10%... and so on for every element effected by that GRID ID.

A new product will have to be database driven for sure. A database will allow for a statistical driven world control by manipulation of database values.

Again that might not qual as a small thing... but maybe small changes based on a bigger picture could come about.

-Bones

Not sure if this was mentioned.

Have more then the standard of Blue vs Red, the ability to add other coalitions could make mission building very interesting.

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

A log book that accumulates hours / kills, etc, but instead of tracking "deaths", it resets! (you're virtual pilot dies!) Wouldn't that change hyperlobby tactics!

Clouds that aren't always "close" to you. Clouds that actually had tops around 3-5000 (or whereever you set them) gives a feeling of altitude. In lomac, no matter where you set the clouds, they are always nearby.

Airframe damage due to over stress. (flaps, etc)

Hand signals / more head movement (for nodding)

Formation lights

A log book that accumulates hours / kills, etc, but instead of tracking "deaths", it resets! (you're virtual pilot dies!) Wouldn't that change hyperlobby tactics!

Clouds that aren't always "close" to you. Clouds that actually had tops around 3-5000 (or whereever you set them) gives a feeling of altitude. In lomac, no matter where you set the clouds, they are always nearby.

Airframe damage due to over stress. (flaps, etc)

Hand signals / more head movement (for nodding)

Formation lights

Bingo!

That would be the most effective single change that any flight game could have. It would change how people fly. The Early Falcon games had the 3 Ejection rule... 3 missile impersonations and your Spine was deemed by the flight Doc as Jell-O... Welcome to the Oak Cockpit baby!!

But Yes... Crash and Die... while trashing your airframe around the sky... bah-bye! Your Scores... ratings and all that cools stuff transition to a nice picture on the wall with a list of cool stuff you did up until you departed life...

You can look at... even play your old HUD tapes.... But you will have to start from zero!

And keep in mind... you can start where you left off... Down one jet at that airbase... lets say you crash your Jet while showing off and smashed it into the hanger on the airfield that had two more of your squad's jets in it... guess what... now you are down 3 jets... lets say that the fire from all of your fuel, hair and teeth you deposited over the field hit the fuel supply and exploded all the fuel at that base.... guess what that base is out of action for a long time. A burnt out reminder of your actions.

But the fun does not stop there... let’s say the fireball kills some of the Ai as well... AI Staff and AI Ground Crews as well as 4 AI Pilots stepping to their jets (Statistically Stepping not graphically)

Guess what... you Killed Yourself... Some of the base ground crew, staff and pilots. Turned all the gas into fire and smoke and trashed 3 other jets.

Your actions have just pretty much ended all flight ops at that base, show-off boy!

Do you start over or do you start where you left off? Might be time to punt and restart the simulation...

Your choice...

:pilotfly:

The best improve for me is to play 10 persons online with no problems. Iґm happy with a few. If upgrade to level as IL2 or Falcon will be super, but 10 persons for me itґs good.

Another thing very important, is the failures. I hope to be able to put for example 20-40% to hud and mdf failure, for an specific plane, and not for all the planes as actually happens.

Another idea for the mission editor itґs the weather:

To let add an starting hour for an specific weather, like vehicles, if the mission start at, for example 17.00, you can put a vehicle but appear at 17.40

So itґs cool to start a mission at 15.00 with sun, but at 16.00 lots of clouds and a storm.

And ending, a super pack in a dvd with:

LOMAC + FC + BS

Itґs very cool to see if appears because many people we bought the download version, and to have all in a dvd will be cool not only for this reason, because will be very easy to install. I donґt want to imagine installing Lock On, then FC, then BS, patchs...

Greetings

About accumulation of stress of structure,engine

I want concept of 'real time virtual world' only to be part of campaign.

I need as training simulator of air commbat personally,so I want LO maintain fast mission maker.( BUt I wonder who on the earth want fly his aircraft as degraded? I would rather repair my aircraft right there)

targeting diamond again

Hmm, I don't see how this would make it more interesting to play LockOn.

because then you would have to fly to a " form up point " then to a " target area " by using the map and viusually ID targets, as at the moment all you need to do is select ground mode and fly all the way to target because you know its there !!!

realistcally ( i presume)

you would have to use the surrounding terrain as cover from radar and view to get to the above as mentioned and use " pop up and look " tactics to find targets rather than being steered towards them by the unrealistic targeting diamond !!!