Wish List

Boneski

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There hasnt been any update from either Rocky or Grandsurf in a few months. Rocky hasnt put out a beta since he started working on the A-10 back in december and hasnt really posted anything since. Hes possibly hard at work on BS.

• 1 month later...
a more realistic " Air Tasking Order" similar to F4

better/more interactive comms with AI

AGREED....

AI AI AI AI AI AI AI AI AI AI AI

This is all LOCK ON really needs. I have started flying it recently and I have a hate love relation with it. The AI makes single player missions nearly intolerable.

Edited by GTengineer

Q6600 @ 3.8GHz, 8GB DDR2-1000, 8800GT 512MB, Vista x64, TrackIR4

Well, something that we need badly, both in LO:FC and DCS:BS, is strike packages that respect their Time Over Target. If there is even a remote shilka whatever left, strike packages in lockon start making evasive manoevres. I'm sorry, but this is not their task. A strike package has to keep itself to the flight plan rigourously, whatever happens.

It is very difficult to make complex, time-sensitive missions with these combat-shy strike packages. The 6 or so Tornado's thet UK lost in the first Gulf War did NOT shy away from duty. They boldly disabled airfields that where still well defended.

I agree today's mission planners are more cautious, but the nature of a simulation is that you can plan it the way you want.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
Well, something that we need badly, both in LO:FC and DCS:BS, is strike packages that respect their Time Over Target. If there is even a remote shilka whatever left, strike packages in lockon start making evasive manoevres. I'm sorry, but this is not their task. A strike package has to keep itself to the flight plan rigourously, whatever happens.

It is very difficult to make complex, time-sensitive missions with these combat-shy strike packages. The 6 or so Tornado's thet UK lost in the first Gulf War did NOT shy away from duty. They boldly disabled airfields that where still well defended.

I agree today's mission planners are more cautious, but the nature of a simulation is that you can plan it the way you want.

This is a beef I have with AI in general in all simulations...they're too willing to jettison stores and go evasive and then switch gears and go offensive. The F-16s in LOMAC have no concept of using their missiles defensively. When fired on, they drop their stores and essentially stop being a strike flight and go totally offensive.

Edited by RedTiger

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely. Another problem is focus on the primary target once the attack is initiated. One problem I've had is AI aircraft detecting radar from distant AA sites while extending after the initial attack and launching missiles at the remote site, leaving nothing to attack the primary target with. Craziness. :disgust:

• 2 weeks later...
i mean uh..

Infantry :)

Referring to Black Shark?

Watch EDGE. Specifically 03:40 and 04:00.

If you're referring to LockOn.........why would you want Infantry if your Head is stuck in the Pit of a Fast-Mover?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Referring to Black Shark?

Watch EDGE. Specifically 03:40 and 04:00.

If you're referring to LockOn.........why would you want Infantry if your Head is stuck in the Pit of a Fast-Mover?

A-10, taking out some guys in a treeline RPG'ing our tanks or w/e xD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ever get that feeling of a Hamster in a Cage..............?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

• 4 weeks later...

i know Lock on developement's probably over but there's something that's really missing it's an automatic mission rotator for Hyperlobby there's should be only two or three things it loads the missions automatically the possibility to display messages with a timer and the possibility to shut down the PC but it's not compulsory This program's cruelly missing and i think the release of such tool 'll drastically increase the numbers of servers on Hyperlobby

• 2 weeks later...

What do they have to lose at this point. If Flaming Cliffs will not be developed further by them, then let the community continue it. A lot of people in the West aren't going to buy a Russian Helicopter sim. We'll stick with FC for now. What does ED have to lose by making the cockpits open to editing? If FC had more flyable planes, it would sell more copies. More copies=more money. What developer doesn't want to make more money? That's just not forward thinking imho.

CH:pilotfly: