Replay Tracks Disregard Player's Aircraft

Recently on the past two updates, I have set up free flights with friends to do some formation flying. After looking at the replay files I noticed that my aircraft wasn't present after flying for any period of time, but everyone else's aircraft were there. As for my friends, they could not see their own aircraft but only the aircraft of others including mine.

I took this information to a different Discord server where other DCS formation aerobatic pilots are, and they have reportedly been going through the same issue. The aircraft we flew in form the first time this started acting up was the L-39, and the second time in the F-15, so this is universal to all other modules. This comes to a great disadvantage to us when reviewing our flights and it is affecting every virtual aerobatic team that exists on the platform.

Most of the issue with tracks is the game trying to recreate your control inputs from the data stored. For some reason, this is not always accurate and your aircraft does not fly as you had originally directed it.

The point he makes about a server track is that a server usually does not have a person flying from that machine. It only hosts and everyone flying on it is connecting via other computers. This means there are no control inputs that are being tracked (that only happens on the computer the aircraft is flying from) and only position, attitude, speed, etc data is being recorded.

So, ANY computer that connects, but is not flown from (usually the server, but can be another client) can more successfully get a track of the flight. This is not 100% but normally a LOT better than a track from a computer that was flown from.

Thank you for the answer,

But when I join an online server I do not see my plane either. No more than when I host a party.

Before the last 3 update (before june), I did not have this problem.

Edited by Kerosene

I just experienced the same. Running a server on my machine while also flying as a client on the same machine, but a different instance of DCS, I experienced the following:

- F-5E flight flown in OB 2.5.5.33184; server track replays perfectly. Client track not tested.

- Same F-5E track played in OB 2.5.5.34108; client aircraft missing from both server and client tracks

- F/A-18C flight flown in OB 2.5.5.34108; server track replays perfectly

I think this is an issue where the track was saved on a different version of the OB than the current version that is attempting to replay the track.

That is interesting. So the F5E track stripped ALL client aircraft from view? Tracks always did have a problem surviving more than a few updates, but this is a new level.

They really need to change how it works. Would think simple position/attitude tracking with the aircraft type would be quite sufficient. IMHO, could dump the whole "Able to jump back in and take over" bit if it meant we could get usable tracks/replays.

I don't know about all client aircraft, as I was the only client connected. I also don't know if it's module specific. I just flew another Hornet flight today and the server replay track was fine. I'll have to test out the F5E specifically.

Crying shame, as I had about 5 F5E flights that I was going to film for a video. Now I've gotta re-fly them and pray that the tracks work.

Too much hassle, and worried it will break some of my newer missions. Plus with the F-5's yaw bug finally fixed it might be worth a re-fly. The new toys like the Hornet's TPOD are a bit useless at the moment with sub-10nm rendering range anyway.

• 2 months later...

UPDATE: As of October 20th, the issue persists! I haven't done any MP Track Reviews in a while and discovered this today...as a test, I flew an SP mission with the option to save track at the end and the saved client track only does show my aircraft like normal. I think this problem is isolated to the Mulitplayer mode and something is broken in the code...I hope ED fixes soon.

For more ideas to make DCS better, check out this video and post comments on your suggestions to make the SIM a better experience...thanks!

=JUICE=

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 months later...

Has this been resolved in any way since October 2019?

I can't get an inside view of any multiplayer track. The tracks for spectators (server or client) have everything recorded perfectly, but can't get inside views. The tracks for the player (whether playing on a client machine or the server) are missing the player aircraft (so of course, no inside view of it). The player's AI wingman was also missing.

Edited by JDingo

• 2 weeks later...

I encountered this on 2.5.6 openbeta.

Played my own mission alone in my own host:

It's a training mission with some targets and multiple planes setup all around as "clients", with varying payload and waypoints for different targets/trainings.

I can then spawn anywhere and do whatever.

So I bombed some targets on the X-runway in Caucasus in my F-5E

It worked smoothly, so I viewed the track and in it I was shot down.

Then I re-viewed the same mission on tacview, and it displayed me getting thru.

Here's a quick video about it:

Short: In my point of view, I flew thru and bombed fine and flew out unscathed.

- in the track-file replay, I was shot down - bombs still dropped and hit.

I did fly 2 circles before bombing, lining up and setting up the switches before the bomb run.

I've seen that doing circles (on ground even) messes up the tracks. Once I took a missturn at an airfield. Proceeded with a 180 the otherway (on ground with the Hornet). Taxii'd to the runway and took off as usual.

In the track my takeoff was totally off, wrong heading even. "My" plane sped off thru the landscape and hit a fence or something.

Edited by Juuba
Sometimes I Amaze even Myself!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I flew last night as a client and wanted to replay a moment for some screen shots but while the other three gents I flew with were there, there was no sign of me. Very frustrating.

I followed the progress of my flight lead as he attacked his column of trucks and watched as my target exploded in line with the time I attacked.

Please sort this out ED.

Intel i9-9900K processor at 4.60GHz OC

Windows 10, 64 bit

16GB Corsair DDR4 3200 RAM

Asus GeForce RTX 2080, Dual OC 8GB

27" IIyama screen at 2560x1440

Oculus Rift S

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Saitek Combat rudder pedals

Logitech G13 pad

Thrustmaster MFDs

I’m having exactly the same, unfortunately. I’d not played with tracks before this week, but I’m just not showing in any of them. I was the server host and did some refuelling and stuff, we wanted to take some screenshots...but there’s nothing to take pictures of now.

• Windows 10 Home - 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
  • Oculus Rift S

• 3 weeks later...

Not good this. In comparison to other bugs and issues it can't be that hard to sort out ED...can it?

Windows 10, 64 bit

16GB Corsair DDR4 3200 RAM

Asus GeForce RTX 2080, Dual OC 8GB

27" IIyama screen at 2560x1440

Oculus Rift S

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Saitek Combat rudder pedals

Logitech G13 pad

Thrustmaster MFDs

You and the team are stars sir. Good on ya. :thumbup: