FPS Drops

imaxx

Hi there

At the moment, not since the present update, since one of the updates before, I see a huge FPS drop in VR in some situations.

It seems that as soon as some other opjects/aircrafts appear in the closer range my FPS goes rapidly down from 45 stable to 22 FPS.

Downgrades in graphic settings does not have any effects on this.

I use the Valve Index together with a 2080Ti.

A friend together with me on a private Multiplayer server has the same effect with the Odyssey+ and a 1080.

Something is wrong in DCS...

i7-8700K / 32GB RAM @3000 / 1TB M.2 SSD / Asus RTX 2080 Ti OC

VR- Gamer: Valve Index

Flight Gear: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Thrustmaster TPR / 3x Thrustmaster MFD / Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi

What settings are you using in options?

I expected this question but the FPS dropp hapens since one of the last updates without changeing something on my settings. So it was better before that...

But i have tried to set the ingame PD to 1.5 instead of useing supersampling in Steam on 200% and it is better now.

Flight Gear: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Thrustmaster TPR / 3x Thrustmaster MFD / Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Okay, aniway my settings are:

Textures --> High

Terain Textures --> High

Civ. Traffic --> Off (but it does not have an effect if i turn it on High...)

Water --> High

Visb Range --> Extreme ( But also in High the FPS Drop appears)

Heat Blur --> Low

Schadows --> Low

Resolution --> 3440 x 1440 as my Screes is set

Aspect Ratio --> ...

Monitors --> 1 Screen

Res. of Cockpit Displays --> 512 each Display

MSAA --> Off

Dept of Field --> Off

Lens Effects --> Off

HDR --> Off

Deferred Schading --> Off

Clutter/Grass = 1500

Trees Visibility = 100%

Preload Rarius = full up

Chimney Smoke Density = 1

Gamma = 1.9

Anisotropic Filtering --> 16x

Terrain Objects Schadows --> Off

Cockpit Illumination --> ON

For standard I use the Steam Super Sampling on 200% and ingame PD=1,0 (Motion Smoothing off);

I know it is quite high but also at 150% the same drop don to 22 FPS appears.

I tried to set die Ingame PD ti 1,5 and the Steam Super Sampling to 100% (Motion smothing off).

With the Ingame PD to 1,5 instead of Steam 200% or 150% it was better and felt less stuttery.

My reference is the Instand Misson: Caucasus / F-14 Case 1 Recovery on carrier...

In the near field of the carrier the FPS goes down from 45 to 22.

Wit the ingame PD 1,5 instead of Steam SS=150 the Dropp is around 226 to 30 and acceptable but not good...

Edited by imaxx

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yea man I got my reverb on Tuesday and it was snooth 45 fps locked , now I cant get 45fps in single player , seem like turning settings down does nothing, I went even lower than your settings and still was just making it to 42-44 in the caucuses ready on the ramp hornet, no msaa or shadows with my O+ I was getting 45 fps locked there with %150ss (which is higher than the hp reverb at %100) msaa×2 and low shadows now its dog shit not sure what they broke , never tried a different aircraft will shortly.

Same strange behavor here...

I noticed also other things:

Start up DCS, steady 90fps in the menu, smooth as silk.

Playing F-14 Case1, around 30 fps, even on the carrier after the trap.

Playing a private training mission with a lots of objects, fps drops without any reason to twenty something. (Does never happend before)

Playing F-14 Case1 again, around 20fps.

Back in the menu, fps is alternating between 60 and 85. Also the menu is not smooth when turning the head.

Tried a lot of things, nVidia driver, WMR for steam stable / beta, SteamVR stable / beta, this setting, that setting, SS in steamVR, PD in DCS... I was not able to recognize any system behind the framedrops and such bad performance.

Only thing I recognized so far is, that it seems like DCS is haveing a problem with other aircriafts inside the FOV. Especially the Hornet, and not so much the Tomcat. Still trying to figure out more details.

But I'm sure on "something is broken and dog shit" at the moment. +1

Spec: i7-4790k@4.5,GTX1080,32GB,O+,Steam

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Okay, semms that some more people ar recogniceing the same...

I fly every Wednesday together with some friends on a private multiplayer mission.

So my reference is aur caucasus mission wehre wie can practice several things.

Since wednesday 24.7.2019 the FPS drops down when other planes are in my near field.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I see frame drops mostly in user missions on scripted events, activating mission triggers and in special cases when other planes are operating in my vicinity (AI controlled or multiplayer). I would speculate that this is connected to certain CPU tasks and how DCS is handling them. The problem literally kicks in and messes up everything else.

Edited by Alec Delorean

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

At the FW-190 Anton thread, some people discovered a connection between wake turbulence and FPS drops. I have to test it more, but the instant mission with large bomber groups already confirms that something's wrong with it. I saw the same effect in the Museum Relic campaign for the Mig15 and F86. Large groups of aircraft in the vicinity = massive frame drops. On a MP server sometimes one aircraft is enough to let the frames drop to the ground.

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

Wake turbulence is affecting trackir users to its W.I.P: However ive been having these issues from stable fps to just dropping to un playable. As much as i want to use VR in DCS i cant because of the same issue and no matter what settings, ED should really investigate this as other games and platforms are fine :thumbup:

Just tested the same mission twice with wake turbulence enabled and disabled, it definitely has a very bad impact on frame rates. I'm on the latest Beta and switch it off for now.

At the FW-190 Anton thread, some people discovered a connection between wake turbulence and FPS drops. I have to test it more, but the instant mission with large bomber groups already confirms that something's wrong with it. I saw the same effect in the Museum Relic campaign for the Mig15 and F86. Large groups of aircraft in the vicinity = massive frame drops. On a MP server sometimes one aircraft is enough to let the frames drop to the ground.

Ok that makes sense theres tons of aircraft on the ramp in the mission I was testing fps in.

Okay, thank you for the advice with the wake turbolence. I will try it.

Puting dcs on high priority for cpu does not make any difference...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]