How do I use the TGP with Laser Maverick?

Predator-78

I tried to fire an AGM-65E with the use of TPOD, but I didn't succeed even though all the launch parameters are right.

After activating the TPOD, I configured the Mavericks by entering the right numeric code.

With the TPOD already active, I aimed the target at the ground and pressed the depress button. Automatically the Maverick has entered uncage mode and the triangle on HUD has moved over the target.

In the TPOD DDI I also activated the TRIG button...

I changed the mode from L ARM to LTD / R before engaging the target but the missile didn't start either.

Arriving at a certain distance from the target, I could see that all the parameters were in order, on HUD I saw IN RANGE and MAV LKD, but in spite of everything, I failed to launch the missile.

With the F version I have no problem.

Have any of you encountered the same problem?

Edited by JAKAL

Firma DCS.png

CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K   3.60 GHz - DDR4 64,0 GB - MSI RTX3080ti - Win 11 64bit

You mean the missile didn't leave the rail? Are you sure that it was uncaged and locked on the laser (X becoming a solid box, on the LMAV DISPLAY)? The triangle is just showing where the missile seeker is looking at, it's not an indication of a lock and the missile won't launch without a lock on a laser.

Edited by Harker

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Hi Harker,

Same issue here, I face the same issue (exactly same description :) )

I can't fire my MAV, it seems our 65E is not locked on a laser.

What are we forgetting?

thank for your help

Intel i9 9900K + 32GB DDR4 + RTX 2080ti

Reverb2 & Rift S + Warthog + Saitek Pro pedal

from '' L ARM '' must switch to '' LTD / R '' ???

I held the trigger down but the missile does not release

Did you press the Weapon Release button (pickle) while holding the trigger? The trigger only turns on the laser. You still need to pickle the Mav.

=

Hardware: MSI MPG Z790 EDGE WiFi MB, i9-13900K @ 4.3GHz, 64GB DDR5, NVidia RTX 4090 24GB DDR6X, 2TB M.2 970 EVO Plus, 1TB SSD 850 EVO, Windows 11 Pro, HP Reverb G2, Tobii Head Tracker, TM Warthog HOTAS, TM F/A-18C Grip, TM Viper TQS Mission Pack, CH Pro Pedals.

Modules: A-10A, A-10C, F/A-18C, P-51D-50, Fw 190 A-8, Fw 190 D-9, Bf 109 K-4, Spitfire IX, Mosquito FB VI, AJS-37 Viggen, M-2000C, F-86F, F-15C, F-15E, F-5E, F-14A/B, L-39C, MiG-21bis, MiG-19P, MiG-29, SU-27, SU-33, AV-8B, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H, SA342, A-4E-C, NTTR, PG, CA, Normandy, Channel, Syria, Marianas, South Atlantic, WWII Assets Pack

To actually fire the laser it is not enough to press the trigger, you also need to activate TRGR (or similar, not at my pc right now) on the DDI where you have the FLIR. (Somewhere on the right of the page)

On my hotas I configured the button with the ALT GR + SPACE combination for the release of weapons for ground attack. Even holding down the PICKLE button, the missile does not start by clicking the button from hotas, moreover if I keep the button for releasing the weapons AG, the TPOD changes the writing from LTD / R to L ARM causing the laser signal to be lost. I confirm that all the parameters for the launch are satisfied, in the viewfinder of the Maverick I see the green box and on HUD the writing IN RANGE AND MAV LOCK.

Firma DCS.png

CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K   3.60 GHz - DDR4 64,0 GB - MSI RTX3080ti - Win 11 64bit

On my hotas I configured the button with the ALT GR + SPACE combination for the release of weapons for ground attack. Even holding down the PICKLE button, the missile does not start by clicking the button from hotas, moreover if I keep the button for releasing the weapons AG, the TPOD changes the writing from LTD / R to L ARM causing the laser signal to be lost. I confirm that all the parameters for the launch are satisfied, in the viewfinder of the Maverick I see the green box and on HUD the writing IN RANGE AND MAV LOCK.

Same here. Did everything as shown on wags video or discriped in forum.

Mavericks parameter for launch are given, Mav X is gone, Mav in RNG and solid green box on MAV-page which shows that the Maverick gets the laser. Pressing trigger and weapon release .... nothing.

I tried it over and over again, must be a bug

Same here. Did everything as shown on wags video or discriped in forum.

Mavericks parameter for launch are given, Mav X is gone, Mav in RNG and solid green box on MAV-page which shows that the Maverick gets the laser. Pressing trigger and weapon release .... nothing.

I tried it over and over again, must be a bug

Same problem here.

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 4080 Super * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

I could launch the laser mavs.

Do i have to lase the terget till the impact? Because when i stop lasing, missile went short and missed. But if i have to lase it till the impact, it means i have to get very very close the target. It is nonsense..

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Do i have to lase the terget till the impact? Because when i stop lasing, missile went short and missed. But if i have to lase it till the impact, it means i have to get very very close the target. It is nonsense..

Yes, for any laser guided weapon you have to keep the target lased until weapon impact. You can always turn away from the target after pickling.

Do i have to lase the target till the impact?

Yes

... if i have to lase it till the impact, it means i have to get very very close the target.

You have to stay within 8 NM (at time of impact) and not mask the laser.

It is nonsense..

Correct, IRL depending on the weather conditions/water vapour, you might need to be much closer and only the AGM-65E2 is suitable for self-lase - AFAIK the 1st gen AGM-65E required a buddy laser as the exhaust plume masks the self-lase laser (the E2 can reacquire the laser spot after launch).

IRL laser guided bombs can be guided from further away as they are lased in the last ~10 sec of flight, so are much closer (2-3 NM) to a target, while the Laser Maverick must acquire the laser spot prior to launch i.e. at 7-8 NM.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Okay now it works. "Gun trigger" uses Space button for default and "Weapon release" uses Altgr + Space, so it is not possible to use these at the same time because both have space button assigned. :doh:

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 4080 Super * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

To actually fire the laser it is not enough to press the trigger, you also need to activate TRGR (or similar, not at my pc right now) on the DDI where you have the FLIR. (Somewhere on the right of the page)

Yep. You need to box the trigger button on the right DDI to use the laser after you have armed it from the right console switch.

Okay now it works. "Gun trigger" uses Space button for default and "Weapon release" uses Altgr + Space, so it is not possible to use these at the same time because both have space button assigned. :doh:

coldViPer, you are my hero!

Had the same issue. changed "weapon release"-code and it works!

Thank you very much

:pilotfly:

Yeah a laser Mav is similar to a smart weapon, in that you can put it through a specific window, etc, wherever the laser is, similar to other smart weapons vs. A contrast or image lock with other Mavs that just hit the general area. Their very good on ships if you wanted to say, destroy a specific container or hit a specific area.

6D80k38.jpg