TGP/Maverick Centreing..

Gerrard

Hi folks,

Anybody else finding that the TGP and Maverick no longer centre with AG Target Undesignate/NWS/FOV Toggle after the latest update?..

Worked fine a couple of days ago, but alas, no longer..

MAV centering is cage/uncage (cages the seeker) on the throttle, not undesignate/NWS.

According to the Pocket guide the undesignate/NWS in HTS mode is "enter Slave mode".

Out of my head and looking at the pocket guide, I think you are required to select TDC default mode (not underlined) to reset the TDC with undesignate and then slave the TPOD to the TDC again, by pressing the on-screen PB "SLAVE"... need to verify that. No access to my game rig at the moment.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Adding to the above: to press the on-screen stby and activate again, should reset the TPOD to centerline, as well. Not the most elegant way, but fast. ;)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I had this issue too. I've just figured it out I (think)

There is a Slave button on the bottom right of the MPCD. Pressing it, and then press 'AG Target Un-Designate/NWS/FOV Toggle' to re center the TPOD.

The Cage / Uncage button toggles between CCIP Mode and AUT /CCRP Mode. In AUT mode, it snaps the bomb fall line to the designated / lased point.

Not sure if this is how it works in real life or not

Edited by MoCluck

MAV centering is cage/uncage (cages the seeker) on the throttle, not undesignate/NWS.

According to the Pocket guide the undesignate/NWS in HTS mode is "enter Slave mode".

Out of my head and looking at the pocket guide, I think you are required to select TDC default mode (not underlined) to reset the TDC with undesignate and then slave the TPOD to the TDC again, by pressing the on-screen PB "SLAVE"... need to verify that. No access to my game rig at the moment.

You may be right but the AG Target worked fine for me until the last update.. Uncaging only seems to change the Maverick seeker screen. I'll give it a go though, thanks!.

There is a Slave button on the bottom right of the MPCD. Pressing it, and then press 'AG Target Un-Designate/NWS/FOV Toggle' to re center the TPOD.

The Cage / Uncage button toggles between CCIP Mode and AUT /CCRP Mode. In AUT mode, it snaps the bomb fall line to the designated / lased point.

Thanks, Mo. Yes, this is how it did work, but in Maverick..

Yep, it's the 'Slave' button which must be part of the update as I have not used it before.

What is strange though, is that after I've used the TPOD the first time the 'Slave' disappears from the bottom right but still functions (and reappears) when pressed?

Oh well, at least it works.

Thanks to all. :thumbup:

Yep, it's the 'Slave' button which must be part of the update as I have not used it before.

What is strange though, is that after I've used the TPOD the first time the 'Slave' disappears from the bottom right but still functions (and reappears) when pressed?

Oh well, at least it works.

Thanks to all. :thumbup:

Have missing slave button at first as well. Switching between CCD/FLIR makes it show back up.

Have missing slave button at first as well. Switching between CCD/FLIR makes it show back up.

It's definitely not working properly but the 'slave' usually gives a sort of work-around. However, I've just fired it up again and the Targeting pod camera is slewed 90' to the right even with the 'slave' option reset. A little disconcerting lining up at right-angles!

Not tried it with the DMT as the mission I'm using is heavily SAM orientated and so it's exclusively IRMV.

Yea, they broken it! And today i try GBU in the mountains in TGP with laser mode point, over a AAA, and bomb explode 50 ft ahead the AAA.

Its posible?, TGP in Harrier is become a trash!!

I love this plane, but Razban is making me hate it!!

YouTube Channel

Update: MSI Z790 Tomahawk, i9 13900k, DDR5 64GB 640 MHz, MSI 4090 Gaming X Trio, 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe M.2 and 4 more, HOTAS TM Warthog, Meta Quest Pro

If you are lasing from +8000 feet from the target, the laser doesn't go that far. It's a known bug that ED has to fix.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

If you are lasing from +8000 feet from the target, the laser doesn't go that far. It's a known bug that ED has to fix.

Is this a new bug? I haven't dropped any GBUs from the Harrier this patch but I'm sure I've successfully laser designated targets from far higher in previous ones.

Devils Canyon i7 4790K @ 4.9GHz |16gb DDR3 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 860 EVO

Thrustmaster Warthog | Virpil WarBRD | Virpil TM-50CM2 Grip | VKB-Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV | Acer X34A (21:9) | Oculus Rift S

A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-5E | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | SA342 | Spitfire LF Mk IX | UH-1H

It's like 8.2 MM or something similar. I usually just round to 8nm

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Hi folks,

Anybody else finding that the TGP and Maverick no longer centre with AG Target Undesignate/NWS/FOV Toggle after the latest update?..

Worked fine a couple of days ago, but alas, no longer..

Get the latest update. It is fixed. Working again. There is some confusion as to reliable que MavG with TPOD. Mav IR seeker does not always lock and is launch inhibited. I find that if, carrying MavG, turn pod off, or don't carry it. Works fine with MavE .