[NO BUG] JDAMs (500 lbs) inaccurate with TGP coords

Shotsx74

Using JDAMS, I find they either miss in front or behind the selected area while utilizing the TGP. Not sure if it is a bug or not or perhaps, I am doing something wrong. I will attach a track file at another time, the track I have currently is too big.

I thought so too. For best results, set ATRK in TGP and aim at the base of the target. I get the best results in destroying targets by dropping bombs from 20,000 feet and a distance of about 8NM. I'm able to destroy multiple targets that are close to each other.

HP Reverb, Intel I7 9700K, Zotac GTX 2080Ti, 32GB Ram @4000Mhz Corsair, SDD M.2 500GB Samsung 970 PRO

Indeed, it also depends on the angle at which the TPOD is looking at the target when determining the target coordinates: the further away, the lower the accuracy. This is perfectly normal.

My JDAMs dropped on target quite nicely when dropped closer to the range at which you'd normally drop an LGB.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset