STEP Change for JSOW/JDAM

NineLine

Since today's update, the STEP no longer shows on my Stores page, when entering PP data for 2 JSOWs, one Station 2 and one on Station 8.

Is it me that is screwing up or is anyone else finding the same thing?

Edit: this is on a previous mission - could that be the reason? Do I need to resave the mission?

F-18 Missing Wing Station Select

I not going crazy yet, but now on all F-18 flights when I click stores I do not have a SELECT to select the wing position, i.e. if I had JSA or JSC clicked PP and wanted to load different targets I cannot select wing weapon positions, (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8) Unless I' m missing something, please assist. Select wing position as all knows is needed for LAT and LON, thanks

The STEP function at the Stores format should exist, imo. How else can I select a different priority station when I do not intent do perform a quantity release?

Scenario:

two targets - for the primary target I have 2 weapons loaded on sta 8 and sta 2, for the secondary on sta 7 and 3. I want to release each bomb individually, as in both cases the actual impact points are too far apart for a quantity release (i.e. pickel -> drop -> wait ->pickel -> drop).

In flight I get a call that my primary target was cancelled and I should go for the secondary target. Now, how do I select sta 7? and after a few seconds sta 8?

The STEP function at the Stores format should exist, imo. How else can I select a different priority station when I do not intent do perform a quantity release?

Scenario:

two targets - for the primary target I have 2 weapons loaded on sta 8 and sta 2, for the secondary on sta 7 and 3. I want to release each bomb individually, as in both cases the actual impact points are too far apart for a quantity release (i.e. pickel -> drop -> wait ->pickel -> drop).

In flight I get a call that my primary target was cancelled and I should go for the secondary target. Now, how do I select sta 7? and after a few seconds sta 8?

The way it is now, is correct according to docs that are out there. People want realism, they have realism. Blame whomever designed the OFP for the real jet...

With that being said, follow the first post in the thread. Box quantity and select the stations and the step option will be there.

So do we leave the QTY boxed with all we want? Won't that release all of them at once?

If you only want to release 1 per pickle, for example, then you would need to unselect the stations once the coordinates are input. PITA, I get it, but it is what it is.

I’m sure it won’t be as big of an annoyance as it now once they implement the data cartridge loading during mission planning in the UI. You’d be able to set all the primary/alternate coordinates before you get to the cockpit. For now, this is what we have.

The way it is now, is correct according to docs that are out there. People want realism, they have realism. Blame whomever designed the OFP for the real jet...

I doubt that as that is quite counter intuitive and awkardly complex to handle atm.

I’m sure it won’t be as big of an annoyance as it now once they implement the data cartridge loading during mission planning in the UI. You’d be able to set all the primary/alternate coordinates before you get to the cockpit. For now, this is what we have.

I am not talking about the programming. I rather assume in my scenario, that that has ben done already (with whatever means, cartridge, manual input on the ground, etc.).

All is set up, STA 8 boxed by default as it is the priority station for single release. But I want not drop from STA 8, but from STA 7 and 5 seconds later the next one from STA 3. And the only way is to deep dive into the stores subpages and to fiddle around with the selected stations for quantity releases - within those 5 seconds? Sounds, as I said, very awkward. Especially when considering that the concept of the STEP function directly at the STORES page is not new - it is done that way for all other weapons as well.

Edited by Flagrum

I doubt that as that is quite counter intuitive and awkardly complex to handle atm.

You can cast doubt if you want, but the information is out there. It is indeed correct.

I am not talking about the programming. I rather assume in my scenario, that that has ben done already (with whatever means, cartridge, manual input on the ground, etc.).

All is set up, STA 8 boxed by default as it is the priority station for single release. But I want not drop from STA 8, but from STA 7 and 5 seconds later the next one from STA 3. And the only way is to deep dive into the stores subpages and to fiddle around with the selected stations for quantity releases - within those 5 seconds? Sounds, as I said, very awkward. Especially when considering that the concept of the STEP function directly at the STORES page is not new - it is done that way for all other weapons as well.

PP targets are not for ‘fiddling’ around, that’s not the purpose. The way it was originally rolled out was incorrect, and it was adjusted. Like it or not, it’s not incorrect.

You can cast doubt if you want, but the information is out there. It is indeed correct.

Could you PM me the source?

PP targets are not for ‘fiddling’ around, that’s not the purpose. The way it was originally rolled out was incorrect, and it was adjusted. Like it or not, it’s not incorrect.

Exactly, no fiddling around for PP targets! But I have to, if I can not drop them in quantity release.

You're not being helpful at all. If it's out there then it is public, if ED modeled it then it is public as they stated that the DCS hornet cannot and will not have any simulation of non public data.

So why don't you help us out here and share that information you claim you have.

Thank you.

It is possible that information that is publicly available is illegal for certain persons to share. I do not know if that is the case here but such situations do occur quite regularly.

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

You're not being helpful at all. If it's out there then it is public, if ED modeled it then it is public as they stated that the DCS hornet cannot and will not have any simulation of non public data.

So why don't you help us out here and share that information you claim you have.

Thank you.

Like it or not, agree with it or not, the 1.16 rule exists for a reason...it’s listed on the front of pretty much every mil document that’s out there.

Scenario:

This is an easy one to solve. You have 6 PP targets for each station. If you’re taking off with only 2 planned targets then each station can have both of the targets loaded into it. Then you don’t have to step through stations at all. Just hit the PP button for your desired target and you’re good to go.

This is an easy one to solve. You have 6 PP targets for each station. If you’re taking off with only 2 planned targets then each station can have both of the targets loaded into it. Then you don’t have to step through stations at all. Just hit the PP button for your desired target and you’re good to go.

This is actually sounds like a reasonable way to do it. Does not explain, why STEP directly at the stores page, unlike for the weapons, has to be omitted, but at least it makes some sense ... "to do it the JDAM way".

Finally something substancial after all the other troll replies here. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Step bug got me yesterday. I had mixed loadout (sead, jdams, jsow and a2a) and after the air engagement, went air to ground to start designating targets. On stores page the first pair of jdams selected by the weapon system was number 3, so I set pp1 and pp2 but couldn't step to station 7. Then I dropped the first jdam, the system changed to station 7 and the step button started working again (on jdam page).

Edited by Ewertsp

Dear all,

The team has adjusted the logic for how and when STEP is available for JSOW and JDAM weapons. You will no longer find it on the Stores page. Instead you must, in the Stores Page:

1) Go to JDAM (or JSOW) DSPLY

2) Select QTY

3) Select 2 or more Stations

4) Hit RTN

5) You will now see STEP for selected weapons

Below is a quick and dirty video showing just that

GREAT,THANKS FOR THE HELP