BF-109K-4 "Jagdflieger" Campaign Issues

1.) The campaign does not appear in the store page when going to "Products > Campaigns", only " Eshop > Campaigns"

2.) Many aircraft textures appear to be missing, primarily for the BF-109s using the "white" numbering schemes. (White 1, White 3, etc.)

3.) The prompts do not continue after all hostile P-51s near Carpiquet are shot down in mission #1. The "Major" remains silent and lands.

4.) The AI in mission #2 does not way for you to rejoin before vectoring to the enemy, and begins a hard and fast climb that exceeds any player flown aircraft's ability to maintain without destroying the engine. (You're forced to roughly 1/2 or 2/3 of the AI's climb rate, and fall greatly behind as a result)

5.) The sheer number of AI in mission #2, while impressive, is extremely demanding. Perhaps changing the default mode to be the "performance" mode, with an option for a greater number of AI in the comm menu instead. With an i5 8600k, 16gb ddr4 (DCS only uses ~6gb at most anyways), GTX 1070, and the game on an ssd, I was maintaining about 0.2 to 3 fps at best once engaged with the bombers. In mission #1 and early mission #2 fps was roughly 90-100, so it was a significant drop.

Other than those it's been enjoyable so far. I'm only two missions in, but I'll continue adding onto this thread as things pop up. Thanks for the campaign! It was sorely needed for the German warbirds. (Are you planning one for the Fw-190D-9 in the future? :D)

Hi Xoho,

Thank you for your feedback, much appreciated! Let me address them one by one:

1) I know, and told ED about it.

2) Others have reported this so I told ED to double check, maybe an issue with the installer, we shall find out.

3) Yeah, he just lands, it's supposed to be that way. That's the end of the mission there. Maybe a bit anti-climactic, but there's a lot more to come ;)

4) I tested and they do wait. 8 minutes and 40 seconds to be exact. This should leave you plenty of time to take off and form up. The way AI 109s climb, well, that's weird. You can only keep up with the MW50 engaged (even though the leader doesn't have MW50 to prevent this). I also reported this to ED.

5) There is an option to remove roughly half of the AI units, you can choose it within the F10 radio menu within the first 10 minutes of the mission. This being said, there is something wrong with large number of bombers. IT's been reported in the Big Show campaign thread too. I have a similar system to yours and was able to get 20-25 FPS minimum in VR, without removing any units. Fingers crossed for a quick solution, but this one is out of my hands.

Thanks again, and let me know how you progress!

Edited by Reflected

Thanks for the quick response! Interesting that you get far better performance in VR than I was on a single monitor. Perhaps it's time for a system restart! As for #4, I didn't realize that. I must've taken a long time to get airborne in that case. I assumed it was triggered on takeoff since my wheels were just barely off the runway when they continued.

5.) The sheer number of AI in mission #2, while impressive, is extremely demanding. Perhaps changing the default mode to be the "performance" mode, with an option for a greater number of AI in the comm menu instead. With an i5 8600k, 16gb ddr4 (DCS only uses ~6gb at most anyways), GTX 1070, and the game on an ssd, I was maintaining about 0.2 to 3 fps at best once engaged with the bombers. In mission #1 and early mission #2 fps was roughly 90-100, so it was a significant drop.

Make sure you have the new feature "wake turbulence" turned off in the options. This does not scale well with the number of units and will cause a significant FPS drop if you approach larger formations.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

hi :) in mission 3 are you supposed to fly with the first set of 109s that take off or the three that take off after because when I followed the three that take off just before me they missed the spitfires and the coms are not for them when the radio said spits at 1 o'clock we was flying the wrong way and had no contacts near us and others have said they climb at performance I just could not match

Hi! Thanks for the report, looks like you discovered a major AI bug that must have been introduced very recently. AI seems to ignore its tasking, this is why the mission doesn't work anymore. I opened a thread here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3998530#post3998530

So the lead flight takes off then circles, then your flight taxies out, takes off, then follows. You're supposed to be No.4 in this one. However, now the 2nd flight just heads out straight, ignoring the "follow" order, messing everything up. You can either wait until it's fixed (unfortunately it's out of my hands, the problem is not with the campaign but with the AI and the mission editor), or go ahead and follow the flight that's circling as "No.5" or tail end charlie. Then the mission should work properly, you're just gonna miss the 3 109s that flew off when you meet the Spits.

Edited by Reflected

Interestingly I am even missing those Bf109 textures that Xoho shows in his beautiful screenshots... A Repair didn't help.

Looking very much forward to continue the campaign once that issue is solved.

Got that problem too. Me, my flight leader and the parking 109s around me have missing textures. The 2 109s that fight the Mustangs at the end of the mission have textures though.

i7-8700K, 32 GB DDR4-3200, Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7, Asus TUF RTX 3090, Samsung 960 Evo M.2 1 TB, WD Blue 4 TB, TrackIR 5, Virpil WarBRD-Base, Virpil Mongoos T50 CM2 Grip, Virpil Mongoos T-50 CM2 Throttle, Slaw Device RX Viper, LG 34GN850 @ 3440 x 1440

Got that problem too. Me, my flight leader and the parking 109s around me have missing textures. The 2 109s that fight the Mustangs at the end of the mission have textures though.

Same here, even the propeller has the "Digital camo" :pilotfly:

I think the first mission should have some kind of notification after the P51s are shot down that you are supposed to land and the mission ends there, I flew around for quite a while thinking a p51 I needed to kill might have escaped.

• ED Team

Can you post screenshots, so far I dont see any missing textures, I want to make sure I am looking at the same thing, then I can track and see if its something on our end or maybe its a mod, please also check that, if you have custom 109 skins installed from something else, that possibly those could be messing it up, we saw it recently with the Hornet.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Ah, the custom skins might be the issue here. I'll check later when Im at home.

But, I think I have quite a few custom skins for the 109...can someone tell me what skins did come with the actual module? :D

Edited by PreussLee

i7 6700k @ 4,5 Ghz | MSI 1080ti Aero | 32 GB RAM 2133 | 500 GB SSD | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | HTC Vive |:pilotfly:

Checked through all liveries and planes in the Mission Editor, only the 109 has the texture missing.

I have all the folders you are showing under "...\Mods\campaigns\Bf 109 K-4 Jagdflieger Campaign\Liveries\Bf-109K-4"

Inside the folders everything looks fine too

9xb5nNZ.png

Shouldn't they be under bazar/liveries/Bf109? Can you check what happens if you copy paste them there?

Didnt help, I now have 2 sets of the liveries to choose in the mission editor, but the textures are still missing (also tried inside the campaign).

I also cannot find the campaign liveries for the other units that work fine inside bazar/liveries

Make sure you have the new feature "wake turbulence" turned off in the options. This does not scale well with the number of units and will cause a significant FPS drop if you approach larger formations.

OMG! Thanks!!! A great performance boost. :thumbup: