Band of BuDs - Single or Multiplayer Series - Persian Gulf

I'm pleased to share the first episode of what will be a series of missions that tell a story about a group of soldiers trying to make their way home. The latest versions are in the User Files section of DCS's website (links below).

***Subscribe to this thread for any future updates and to be notified when Episode 2 becomes available.***

Please enjoy, share with friends, host on your multiplayer servers, and feel free to drop me a line, provide feedback or suggestions.

Episode 1: Another Day in Paradise

A great mission packed with voiceovers that is different each time you play it. Play it single player or multiplayer co-op. Hogs, Hornets, Hueys, Harriers, Tomcats, or MiG-21 in the Persian Gulf. Ground attack only in this initial version. When playing single player, you can control the other aircraft via the F10 comm menu and tell them what to do. You can also choose which aircraft you want to fly each time you play, so that the game play is different each time. There are many ways to complete the objectives and I'm very curious to hear how you go about doing it! Mission time is set to two hours -or sooner if you can complete the objectives- and will auto-restart itself every 2.5 hours.

It is set up as a "Tower Defense" type game where you have enemies spawning around a central location (all randomized), and they make their way towards a central location which you must protect.

One hour ago, Hercules 1 was en route with 22 souls on board traveling home for the holidays. Radar contact was lost shortly after an emergency was declared 60 miles north of Bandar Abbas. The nature of the emergency is unknown. No communications have been received ever since. A combat search and rescue effort is now underway to locate possible wreckage and look for survivors. Hercules 2 has been dispatched with airdrop reinforcements as a precaution in case there are survivors. If a rescue is required, you are to assist in the effort. There is no time for a formal briefing. Bullseye, waypoint 2, is the search area. Move out!

Credits (in alphabetical order):

Apache600 as South Watch

Baltic Dragon as Hercules 2

Boddman as Overlord

Cleric as Bravo Lead (East)

Gunfighter as Hercules 1

Pinball as West Watch

PXRanger as Bravo West

Stingray as North Watch

Vandal as East Watch

Written and Directed by GTFreeFlyer

All voice actors are BuDs. For more information please visit https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=237481

ADIP_poster.thumb.jpg.8f65535324368908b2a71f534c99af70.jpg

Edited by GTFreeFlyer

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

Change Log:

Episode 1: Another Day In Paradise

V1.0: Initial Release Aug. 1, 2019

V1.1: Released Oct. 6, 2019

---Tents moved off of FARP Moscow due to DCS bug where they would disappear into ground if you were not the mission host.

---Slightly repositioned FARP Moscow for aesthetics

---Added 2 more of each, AI Hogs, Hueys and Hornets, to assist with single player play.

---You will now get messages when an AI unit crashes

---Added a client L-39 per request

---Fixed AI Hueys 6, 7, and 8 all landing on the same spot when returning back to the FARP

---When AI Hueys load and extract troops, their names will appear in the message instead of "UH-1H"

---Added warning message for AAA and ManPAD spawns

---Added windsocks around the map

---Added more client Hornets and Tomcats for large MP coop missions

---All Stennis aircraft are set to takeoff from parking hot

---Added Client F-16's

---Text warning about MANPAD in town now comes 1 minute after group spawns to prevent interfering with other messages on screen at the time

---All moving columns: Now added advance waypoint action, disperse under fire = off. This no longer seems to be default after latest DCS update.

---Shuffled around positions of AAA and ManPADs

---Updated kneeboard with AI UHF 253 frequency

---Added two Frogfoots for those that have not yet purchased any modules

---Added AWACS for datalinkGroups will now report they are back at the FARP and F10 list will update even if event occurs after time expires.

---All AI Hornets now set to CAS with proper loadouts.

---All AI Hogs and Hornets maximized number of flares.

Edited by GTFreeFlyer

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

Will do! I know we have some crossover between our groups so I'm optimistic this will be something I can use for our weekly op. :thumbup:

Oh nice. Which group? I’ll be glad to join you when you play it if I’m free. Usually M, W, or F nights are best for me.

Way to go, GT! Glad you were able to get it finished up and out there!

Guys, I believe this is GT's first mission...ever, and he did an amazing job with it. He worked really hard and put A LOT of time into it.

Looking forward to playing it with you again, bud.

- BuDs Vandal

i5-9600k @ 5.0 GHz| Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | 32 GB Trident G.Skill RAM @ 3200 MHz | Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 AIO | Samsung EVO 860 500 GB SSD | Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2 | SanDisk 1TB SSD | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra Gaming | EVGA G3 850W Gold PSU | Thermaltake View 71 TG Snow Edition | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFC Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift-S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the hard work

| i9 9900K Octa Core 2TB SSD +32GB Spectrix DDR4 @3200MHz RGB | 2 x Radeon RX480 in Crossfire. | TrackIR5 HOTAS Warthog,MFG Crosswind Pedals | Cougar MFDs |

[OCG] Oceanic Combat Group

discord.gg/ZmXEBSU

"Through The Inferno"

by deadlyfishes

Official Australian Servers

SRS: All Servers have Auto-Connect Enabled

Server 1: TTI Caucasus

Server 2: TTI Persian Gulf

Server 3: OCG Training

Server 4: OCG NTTR & Multiplayer Missions

Australian Website

AU Discord Server

@CL (Vandal), thanks for all the Huey testing! All Huey related bugs shall be redirected your way

@HellsBells, my pleasure. It is a lot of fun to make these missions. Please send over some feedback once you try it out. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Version 1.1 coming soon. Added two more (each) AI Hogs, Hornets and Hueys to assist with single player or small co-op groups. The two new AI Hornets are loaded with Air to Ground weapons.

Looks like 60 downloads now. Anyone have any other feedback or suggestions before I push the new version in the next week or so?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m aware of a “bug” since one of the newer DCS updates where the moving columns are now dispersing under fire when they used to not do that. I’m testing the fix and will post an updated version shortly. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Please note that due to the current bug with the Stennis, you should use land-based planes until DCS fixes the bug.

• 2 weeks later...

Brand new version 2.2 just uploaded. A massive list of changes since the original V1.1 released many months ago. Mainly, added SAMs around the area if you stray too far off-path. Also added OPTIONAL enemy bandits.

Episode 1: Another Day in Paradise

Full change list:

-Added two KA-50's per request. Also added more Hogs and another L-39ZA.

-Changed enemy spawning from 66% chance each 3 minutes to 75% chance.

-Slight rewording of briefing.

-Removed Viper 6. Added Jeff 1 and Jeff 2 (JF-17's)

-Tomcats: Stored ref alignment and set default TACAN and ICLS.

-Added Shell and Texaco tankers

-Deleted all client Hogs and re-added due to bug where their DSMS wouldn't load. Thought to be from bug related to using Prepare Mission.

-Shuffled around positions of AAA and ManPADs

-Added SA-10 to Shiraz, Kerman and Lar. All SA-10's set to AUTO alarm state.

-Changed direction, altitude and speed of tankers

-Added two Mig-21 bandits to Lar. They start when any AAA in the south part of town has been killed.

-Added two Mig-29 bandits to Kerman. They start at mission time = 30 minutes

-Added two Phantoms bandits to Kerman. They start at mission time = 45 minutes

-Added Red AWACS, takes off from Shiraz 15 minutes into the mission.

-Added Red "kill team" of Mig 29's (qty. 8 that arrive at end of mission to engage anyone in the air.

-Added 3 ships off shore Bandar for G2A support.

-Preloaded Harriers with NVGs

-Hawgs 9 and 10 changed from A-10C to A-10A

-Cleared out junk files in the .miz that prevented A-10C DSMS from loading.

-Texaco tanker: Changed callsign to Texaco (was Shell). Also increased speed and changed from KC-130 to 135MPRS

-Both tankers: Previously they would orbit waypoint 1 instead of flying a racetrack. Fixed.

-Red fighter kill time: Changed thier arrival time to earlier

-Moved Lar SA-10 closer in

-Changed 1 L39 spot to a 3rd Jeff.

-Deleted the auto-restart triggers, and the restart mission option from the F10 menu

-Added option to enable enemy bandits to the F10 menu. Kill team out of Shiraz remains active for end of mission.

-Changed AI Hornets to CAP

Edited by GTFreeFlyer

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/23/2022 at 10:01 PM, GTFreeFlyer said:

Version 2.5 now includes Apaches.

Great mission for both single and multi, great fun. Thanks for sharing.👌

I do however seem to have an issue:

- The AI A10s (Hawg 5,6,7,8) seems to have a mind of their own. When scrambled they are heading over to the western SA10 site, approx 20nm from SA10 site they crash into a mountain - regardless of task they were given. Hawg 7 and 8 sometimes fly without weapons.

-Otherwise the mission is running rather smooth.

I've only flown it with DCS 2.7.14.23966 Open Beta, dated 18 may 2022.

Edited by BigMac.no