DCS World 3.0 ... up to its name.

Frag

For those who would like to see more work on the world itself I am wondering ... would you be alright for ED to change their revenue model to invest more time on the world itself?

I personally would gladly pay for an upgrade to 3.0 containing the features list I wrote in the original post. I know it would be against the "free to play" model they have, but we are brainstorming here. Wondering who would be ready to pay in other ways than buying aircraft?

Those guys are smart, they would find a revenue model that most of the people like ...

For those who would like to see more work on the world itself I am wondering ... would you be alright for ED to change their revenue model to invest more time on the world itself?

I personally would gladly pay for an upgrade to 3.0 containing the features list I wrote in the original post. I know it would be against the "free to play" model they have, but we are brainstorming here. Wondering who would be ready to pay in other ways than buying aircraft?

Those guys are smart, they would find a revenue model that most of the people like ...

I agree! Excellent idea.

There is a huge discrepancy between the excellent quality of the aircrafts themselves, and

the world. ( e.g. overhauled illumination engine, to be able to fly at night properly, overhauled weather system, a proper ATC).

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

I agree! Excellent idea.

There is a huge discrepancy between the excellent quality of the aircrafts themselves, and

the world. ( e.g. overhauled illumination engine, to be able to fly at night properly, overhauled weather system, a proper ATC).

I would have no problem paying for major "world" releases. I also think that it could make dcs better, since it would make more sense for ED to improve the base instead of putting out module after module...

I am strictly against a subscription model though.

ps: check my signature for everything i would liek to see in the next major release!

1. Dynamic campaign system

2. AI -> would love to see more dynamic ground AI, more advanced air defence tactics, and the obvious a2a combat

But probably if there would be a 3.0 that we would have to buy then ED has a good reason to make it a major version with good features and I will buy it anyways.

I do not think we will ever need to pay for upgrades to dcs world itself since the product itself is free. It would mean you could not use the upgrades to the engine with the modules we already have and would also mean hell for development teams working on the modules.

I used to buy everything although now there are modules I do not own. Of course things like f-18 and f-16 are still instant buy but things like i-16, mig-19, no more. I can't agree more that ED should focus on world and structured gameplay (dc). Dynamic campaigns could be a viable business model since they can be sold seperately. But things like AI and other upgrades to the engine cannot be sold seperately and would have to be funded from module sales. Unless these are features they can easily turn on or off then a subscription model could be viable. If not, they would need to strike a balance between investing revenues in new modules or dcs world. The good thing for them I think is that the better and more appealing DCS World itself becomes the more modules sales they can generate.

I7920/12GBDDR3/ASUS P6T DELUXE V2/MSI GTX 960 GAMING 4G /WIN 10 Ultimate/TM HOTAS WARTHOG

i wouldn't mind if we had a monthly subscription model, if it speeds up development.

I mean why paying for netflix and not for dcs, as it is equally entertaining :)

Core development is much more expensive, so fine for me.

But would be sad to loose pilots due to the monthly fee. So they have to find a model which makes most of us happy.

Edited by OG84

Favorite module: F16C 💥
Currently learning F15E 👨‍🏫
13900k - RTX 4090 - 64GB DDR5 - Varjo Aero - TM Warthog Hotas - Pedals

i wouldn't mind if we had a monthly subscription model, if it speeds up development.

I mean why paying for netflix and not for dcs, as it is equally entertaining :)

Core development is much more expensive, so fine for me.

But would be sad to loose pilots due to the monthly fee. So they have to find a model which makes most of us happy.

I'm really hoping the hype around TopGun2 generates a lot of newcomers to the sim which should put some more money into the DCS 'economy' and hopefully speed up development of new modules and updates.

What I'd really love is dynamic campaign engine and to improve the combined arms module to make it more attractive to players who like that sort of thing, it would be very cool to have real players solely focusing on the ground calling in air support etc.

DCS is a fantastic platform that is heading in the right direction since the time of LOMAC. This being said, what would you like to see in DCS World 3.0 to consider it a "new release" of DCS World. Passing from 2 to 3, would indeed require some major changes.

Please do not add new aircraftt. This thread is about the world itself.

To consider it a new release, here is what I would personally like to see in.

1. A Dynamic Campaign.

2. A completely overhauled illumination engine, letting us finally fly at night in all its glory.

3. Vulcan API

4. A completely overhauled weather system.

5. A new ATC.

6. Few dozens civilian units (AI), to add contents for the mission creators.

What is your take?

I would like the first 5 points of your list +

• Proper antialiasing
  • HRTF positional sound
  • Full support for captoglove or similar
  • Procedural generation of terrains between high detailed map to cover all earth

VR quality like desktop (I'm waiting the 50% performance increase ;) )

And dinamic campaign.

Better ia for ground units will be fine.

YouTube Channel

Update: MSI Z790 Tomahawk, i9 13900k, DDR5 64GB 640 MHz, MSI 4090 Gaming X Trio, 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe M.2 and 4 more, HOTAS TM Warthog, Meta Quest Pro

DCS is a fantastic platform that is heading in the right direction since the time of LOMAC. This being said, what would you like to see in DCS World 3.0 to consider it a "new release" of DCS World. Passing from 2 to 3, would indeed require some major changes.

1. A Dynamic Campaign.

2. A completely overhauled illumination engine, letting us finally fly at night in all its glory.

3. Vulcan API

5. A new ATC.

What is your take?

Well... all those above together, to be honest :thumbup:

With best regards.

I also vote for paid major update with next level engine.

Now we ride an old horse; ED know it better than us and are trapped in their “free world“ policy; consequently pushed to emit buggy modules to keep the DCS world go round.

There is no free lunch.

i7-7820X@4.5Ghz; GPU 3080Ti, 64GB RAM, HP Reverb G2; VKB Ultimate stick; VIRPIL Throttle; Slaw Pedals; custom AX&BTN BOX

1. A Dynamic Campaign.

3. Vulcan API

5. A new ATC.

What is your take?

- The Dynamic Campaigh / RTS has in progress

- Vulkan API on progress

- New ATC in progress, initial rework has in carrier ATC, and after Base ATC with ground crew and base equipment.

- About Weather system, ED has working on Humidity.

I would be keen to pay more but some people just cannot afford it so perhaps a voluntary donation system, an opt out of air miles or donate air miles back into DCS world or some kind of reward where you can get your name on a building or some crap!

I think there are many members who can pay more than others where the cost is just not an issue, or not as big of an issue. Hell I just got conned into a $34 season pass for game that cost me $80 bucks and is set in 1800 and is less than 6 months old, i would rather have put that towards DCS as I play DCS much more!

I would be keen to pay more but some people just cannot afford it so perhaps a voluntary donation system, an opt out of air miles or donate air miles back into DCS world or some kind of reward where you can get your name on a building or some crap!

I think there are many members who can pay more than others where the cost is just not an issue, or not as big of an issue. Hell I just got conned into a $34 season pass for game that cost me $80 bucks and is set in 1800 and is less than 6 months old, i would rather have put that towards DCS as I play DCS much more!

I’m OK also with this.

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

1. A Dynamic Campaign.

3. Vulcan API

5. A new ATC.

What is your take?

YEP!

:thumbup:

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO