Tarawa online spawn bug?

Harlikwin

Is this being looked at? Will it be fixed? Its been an issue since I've started playing DCS and its super annoying.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Glad they know about, im more curious about plans to fix it.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

That was back in May for Pete's sake! I wonder if this is that much of a technically challenging problem to solve or if it just isn't a priority of RAZBAM's?? Or is it out of their hands and in reality it is an ED problem? And if that is the case, I have to ask the original question again - big problem or just a priority issue?? :mad:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well I posted this over in the ED forum and it very rapidly got moved over to the Razbam forum. Not sure if thats the online version of finger pointing.

That was back in May for Pete's sake! I wonder if this is that much of a technically challenging problem to solve or if it just isn't a priority of RAZBAM's?? Or is it out of their hands and in reality it is an ED problem? And if that is the case, I have to ask the original question again - big problem or just a priority issue?? :mad:

Yeah, it taking like forever, but I think it's bc ED is reworking the entire carrier logic, and they don't want to work on a fix for the Tarawa situation, which then just gets thrown away when the new carrier logic is implemented.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

That actually makes some sense, it just would be nice to hear it from them in that case.

I really wish they would fix this bug. I would like to use the damn carrier on multiplayer.

You can still use the carrier, it just "delays" your first attempt. Select another slot and then back to your original choice to spawn. Annoying, though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

You can still use the carrier, it just "delays" your first attempt. Select another slot and then back to your original choice to spawn. Annoying, though.

Way more than the first one in my experince.

Way more than the first one in my experince.

We (my squadron) have had pretty good luck with a single toggle. Obviously, results vary.

My point is that it doesn't prevent using the carrier completely, as CS implied.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

We (my squadron) have had pretty good luck with a single toggle. Obviously, results vary.

My point is that it doesn't prevent using the carrier completely, as CS implied.

I wonder if it might depend on how a server is setup. You guys using a private server?

I wonder if it might depend on how a server is setup. You guys using a private server?

Using the dedicated server software (Open Beta) set up on a personal, yet separate PC. The mission is mildly complex, with trigger zones, AI convoys, AI tankers, and AWACS. Server load is light, between 3-10 pilots, with 2-3 Harriers operating off the Tarawa.

Edited by Britchot

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

Interesting, so there may also be server side "setting" problem with GAW and other servers to consider.

Mind you I've been able to do it but it took anywhere between a few and a few dozen tries on GAW.

I spawned yesterday on the Tarawa on a private MP server.

External server, Tarawa was empty, two Harrier slots on it.

The fourth attemp let me spawn.

Just to see that the lightings on the Tarawa are only on one eye and the radio communication is not working.

Maybe they are able to fix all those bugs before we have DCS 4.5...

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

• 2 months later...
A little workaround:

- select slot on Tarawa and then press Fly

- back to Spectator

- select same slot (or another one) and then press Fly Again.

It usually works :thumbup:

Not for me usually. I got it to work exactly once.

Hi Guys,

I appreciate the frustration, there is nothing worse than starting on a Carrier and blowing up

Leave it with me and i will see what we can get done about this.

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Thanks Decoy,

Its mainly online where I see the problem. Not sure if its you guys ED or whoever but after not being able to fly off the tarwa for over a year online its fairly lame whoever's fault it is (I don't care whose to blame I just want it sorted)

yes thats good. There have been changes on the Tarawa in the last couple of updates. In particular the points where the AI spawn have changed. For a while a flight of 4 helos would line up on the deck upon spawn. Then they were spread out on the deck. Now the spawn spread out and next to the deck over the water. When the lead fires its engines up it disconnects from the deck and the ship moves out from under it.

Also AI Harriers try to fly in and land next to the ship over the water. Needless to say not a happy ending.

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!