VR4DCS Blog

Thudster

Hello all.

I'm building a Blog to house knowledge collected from various squadrons, pilots, and points from these forums, about using and optimizing VR in DCS. This includes some Rig tuning and settings. I'm hoping to consolidate knowledge and make a starting point for new pilots or pilots new to VR or pilots looking to optimize their VR experience.

While this is early and very much a WIP, feel free to visit. I'm constructing it in more of an instructional fashion, especially for folks with less technical experience.

Certainly, your mileage may vary on these if you're already very technical.

Feedback so far has been good. This info has already been helpful to many of our pilots, enhancing their VR capabilities and flying experience.

Thanks! -=Thud=-

https://vr4dcs.com/

• Like 1

(1AF) "THUD" | 55th FS

Joint Task Force 1 | Discord

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Good work Thud!

• Like 1

[T.M HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle + T.Flight pedals, Varjo Aero, HP Reverb pro, Pimax 8KX] 🙂

[DCS Mirage 2K; Huey; Spitfire Mk IX, AJS 37, F-14, F-18, FC3, A-10 Warthog II and a few more ]

i9 13900KF@5.8/32Gb DDR5@6400/ Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX4090, ASUS STRIX Z790-F , 2Tb m2 NVMe

You indicate that an AA setting can be used in the NVidia Control Panel.

As I recall it used to be that this setting has no effect on DCS in VR. Has this changed?

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

• 2 months later...

Hello to all I am new to flight sims have been simulator racing on Xbox1x for 3years but want to get back into flight sims my last one as lock on !. I would like input for AMD -Pc and all equipment.last  stick and throttle I had was a Sy 52 . 
 I’m 73 and still enjoy sims.

Hey @SOB, welcome to DCS, I’m sure we all welcome you.   If you want advice for a build, you might want to create a separate new thread  in this subforum:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/57-pc-hardware-and-related-software/ 

you might want to include your budget, and if you want to use VR or 2D with something like track ir or similar.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

• 1 month later...