Improving JTAC

m9matt

With the TPOD being added to the F18 would it be possible for some work to be done on the JTAC in DCS.

I love JTAC and the fact he can point you in the right direction, but he is very clunky in his current state, often calling ABORT, ABORT, ABORT.

Things I would like to see improved.

1. The communication seems like quite a long process, IP inbound, read back, etc. Although this may be like real life, would it be possible to have a shorter version, which may reduce on the JTAC confusion/communication.

2. I'd like to see if we can change the laser codes in the mission editor for different JTACs. Instead of the default 1688. I often like to set up multiple JTACs for different players. But with only 1688, only 1 player can use JTAC a one time. I know we can use combined arms, but it is difficult to convince someone to sit on the ground, when everyone wants to fly.

3. I would like the Player to communicate with the AI JTAC and ask for a choice of laser or smoke, depending on what he would require.

4. In the future I would like to see a Reaper drone as module, so a player can fire missiles and see through a map / FLIR to assign laser codes. I would pay for it and I think it would be quite simple to set up, without a cockpit being designed. After all we have real drone pilots out there in current operations.

Excellent suggestions.

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

1. The communication seems like quite a long process, IP inbound, read back, etc. Although this may be like real life, would it be possible to have a shorter version, which may reduce on the JTAC confusion/communication.

But this is the process through which you try to mitigate confusion...

"Shortcuts" are what (IRL) get friendlies killed.

Yes, the AI JTAC function is a little clunky, but with practice you can get through it fairly quickly and get on target. With a human JTAC or FAC(A), it's not impossible to go from first check in to "Pickle" in under a minute (if both ends of the info chain are on their game)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com