Ground Alignment time for CBU-105/103

Gault05

When loading up a cbu-105 or 103 on the ground for alignment, how long must you wait until the ALN RDY indicator shows up onto the DSMS page after the cdu page shows as 4.0.0.8? I can't seem to find an answer to this question, at least not directly.

DCS status:

Case:NZXT S340 Mid Tower;Motherboard:MSi 970 Gaming DDR3 ATX;CPU:AMD FX-8350 8-Core Unlocked with Hyper 212 Evo heatsink;Memory:Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3;Hard Drive:Samsung 640GB;SSD: Crucial 256GB;Sound:Asus Xonar DGX; Power: EVGA 600W B1 80+;OS:Windows 10 64-bit; GPU: MSI Radeon RX 570 8GB 256-bit

Modules: Flaming Cliffs 3, P-51D, Combined Arms, Black Shark 3, A-10C/2, WW2 Assets, F/A-18C, F-16C Viper, AH-64D, Supercarrier, China Assets Pack

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, Marianas, Sinai

The weapons themselves do not need alignment, INS does and starts alignment when EGI is turned on. Full alignment is 4 minutes. "FAST" alignment is 2 minutes (I believe) but I do not know how this affects precision because I always do full alignment. From the manual it does indicate accuracy will be greatly diminished using FAST align. Better off waiting the extra 2 minutes to get the WCMDs on target.

If you have landed from a sortie and load up new WCMDs you do not need to re-align either.

Edited by Dagger71

Fast align in DCS still gives you the maximum accuracy. In the top right corner of the CDU you will see the FOM (Figure Of Merit) for the DTSAS and GPS/INS. B1 indicates you are in blended GPS/INS mode with a FOM of 1 which = less than 26 meters if I recall correctly.

A higher FOM equals more error. 1 to 9, with 9 being greater then 5000 meters.

Edited by NeMoGas