AMVI_Rider

VRK - a virtual reality enabled kneeboard with touch and ink support  

169 members have voted

1. 1. VRK - a virtual reality enabled kneeboard with touch and ink support

• Yes
    • No

• 1 month later...

Hi

I’m trying to configure a Wacom S with vrk but whilst I’m able to pop up kneeboard, whenever I try to write with the pencil it won’t work and I get back the Windows out of focus message. What am I doing wrong?

Reberb g2, steamVr config

thanks for your support 

Edited by Avalon66

I just went to VR and was looking for a kneeboard option.
This looks like an awesome tool, but I don't have a Huion tablet, but can an old Samsung can do the trick with some app like this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sunnysidesoft.VirtualTablet ?

5e Escadre Virtuelle du Canada / 5 Virtual Wing of Canada

Intel i9-9900KF - 8 Cores/16 Threads - 3,6/5,0GHZ / 48GB RAM / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD / Crucial P5 1TB 3D NAND NVMe Internal SSD / WD Gold 2TB Enterprise Class HDD / NVIDIA RTX 3090 / HP Reverb G2 / HOTAS Warthog / F/A-18C Hornet HOTAS ADD-ON Grip / WINWING Super Taurus Throttle / Saitek PRO Flight Combat Rudder Pedals / Win 10 Pro

Modules owned: P-51D, F-86F, A-10C, M-2000C, F-5E, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-16C

Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Syria.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys!Just starting my journey with VRK and a brand new Intuos S tablet... I am really enjoying it so far!!! However, I have 2 questions, and I guess this has been answered already, although I could not find it:

1.- It seems VRK misses some strokes, even though other apps with my tablet don't... what might I be missing?

2.-I am using a G2 VR headset and I need to look very much down to focus the kneeboard... any option to move the reference point, so that I don't need to break my neck? 

On 1/8/2022 at 11:28 PM, raus said:

Hi guys!Just starting my journey with VRK and a brand new Intuos S tablet... I am really enjoying it so far!!! However, I have 2 questions, and I guess this has been answered already, although I could not find it:

1.- It seems VRK misses some strokes, even though other apps with my tablet don't... what might I be missing?

2.-I am using a G2 VR headset and I need to look very much down to focus the kneeboard... any option to move the reference point, so that I don't need to break my neck? 

For your second question: Have you tried to move the VR position? If you move it closer to the knee in game, you don't have to move your head as much. You can adjust this while you have dcs running so its easy to see what works.

image.png

https://www.youtube.com/@Willdass

Setup: VPC Warbrd with TM F/A-18 stick on 10cm extension, Realsimulator FSSB-R3 MK II Ultra with F16SGRH grip, Winwing Super Taurus throttle, SimGears F-16 ICP, Winwing Combat and Take Off Panels, TM TPR Pendular Rudders,  3x TM Cougar MFD's, Simshaker Jetpad, Wacom Intuos S for OpenKneeboard.

PC: RTX 4090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 64gb RAM 3600mhz, Varjo Aero, HP Reverb G2, Meta Quest Pro

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone.  I've been happily using VRK with a wacom intuous BT S for some weeks now. I had the 4 buttons on the tablet mapped for next/previous tab and page. But recently this no longer works unless VRK is the active window on my desktop. Meaning when I'm in DCS, then the buttons will no longer work, I have to be clicked into the VRK app for the tablet buttons to work. 

Anyone else have this issue? 

I don't know what caused this behavior change, the tablet used to control VRK regardless of which window had the desktop focus. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2019 at 3:56 PM, AMVI_Rider said:

The intention is to keep a closed source for the core, but opening the protocol as soon as it will became stable (in between RC and Release). Not because I want to protect anything (no rocket science used) but just to avoid the proliferation of forks typical of the opensouce.

Don't get me wrong on this: I fully support the opensource concept in many domains. I just think that the flight sim community is "too small" to take a real advantage from opensource. Modularity is the key.

I may be wrong, and other people are following different paths (thank you Ciribob for SRS). I will open the source the day I will not be able to support it anymore.

Going back to helping: any experience with iPad development? Android is not a problem, but Apple ecosystem is far from my area of expertise.

Is this still being supported? Seems like there hasn't been updates in a while?

• 1 month later...

I like VRK and used it much in the past…..would be very sad if it‘s not supported anymore and doesn‘t work😥

DCS MT 2.9.3.51704
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - FC3 - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO105 - CH-47F - AH-1G(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer)

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog(40cm Ext., Dampers) + Throttle, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

Yesterday I did some testing and checked logs.
DCS gets stuck after loading the graphic settings. But if you close VRK just after that, DCS will finish loading. I could initiate VRK just after DCS loaded and it worked but with a weird resolution.
I keep working in a workaround.
Cheers

Well, I made it work.
- Start DCS with VRK, as usual
- when it stalls, close VRK and DCS will start.
- when DCS starts in VR, don't wait!
- Start VRK again

Works like a charm.
This is for DCS beta and Win10 but try it if the same happens to you.
Cheers,
MrWell

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Am 28.3.2022 um 14:35 schrieb mrwell:

Well, I made it work.
- Start DCS with VRK, as usual
- when it stalls, close VRK and DCS will start.
- when DCS starts in VR, don't wait!
- Start VRK again

Thats the way. Thank u

Edited by maxxstv

I attached a very simple construct with velcro straps to adjust the tablet to my leg.

I added two softfoam pieces which help securing the tablet in place when attached on the knee.

very simple, but works for me. 

32313563-63A9-46F2-9255-1DB2793C0899.jpeg

DCS MT 2.9.3.51704
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - FC3 - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO105 - CH-47F - AH-1G(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer)

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog(40cm Ext., Dampers) + Throttle, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

Il 8/2/2022 at 06:19, Feukair ha scritto:

Hello everyone.  I've been happily using VRK with a wacom intuous BT S for some weeks now. I had the 4 buttons on the tablet mapped for next/previous tab and page. But recently this no longer works unless VRK is the active window on my desktop. Meaning when I'm in DCS, then the buttons will no longer work, I have to be clicked into the VRK app for the tablet buttons to work. 

Anyone else have this issue? 

I don't know what caused this behavior change, the tablet used to control VRK regardless of which window had the desktop focus. 

I've the same issue...but not solved...

RX6900XT - 64GB RAM - 2T M2 - AMD 5 5600X - HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, for some reason after I re-installed VRK I cannot get the right click menu for the tabs to work. I can right click on a tab and the menu shows up but as soon as I mouse over it the whole thing disappears except the option I moused over, once I click the option it disappears and nothing happens. Hope I explained it well enough. Any ideas?

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS