Force Feedback Joystick Coming soon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know it’s slightly OT, but no one? 

I thought it was due to a patent troll too, but it seems that was more about rumble effects, and that didn’t really stop 3rd parties from using them. 

It makes more sense that M$ held the FF joystick patent, and it’s probably the usual “just in demand by a small but vocal minority, too small a market.”

Edited by cordite
Sp

On 8/28/2021 at 5:11 AM, cordite said:

Perhaps, but if so it shouldn’t have anything to do with a patent. (I know you didn’t say it did)

https://patents.google.com/patent/US5742278A/en

I do not really understand all the legal slang. Does it means that patent is now expired, so MS cannot take you to Court on a patent related issue?

On 8/28/2021 at 3:00 PM, cordite said:

Not sure about everyone. This looks a bit advanced for someone who’s not mechanically inclined.

To me it's not even the mechanical aspect that's the issue.  That thread has lots of great input there, and the assembly looks straight forward enough.  It's basically "but this stuff / have a metal shop make you these bits / 3D print these other bits".  Based on the documentation /posts/responses in the @propeler thread, that's pretty well figured out.

The tricky part seems to be the electronics and/or finding documentation on how to assemble the electronics in a straightforward way.  My head is spinning trying to figure out how to wire everything up, and what parts I'd need for the custom board or how I'd use an ODrive instead.

More google translate investigations show that it also doesn't seem to be available in China, there was a Taobao shop planned but canceled. However, from what i see in the video it's the perfect FFB base with a lot of options for compatible grips. Like a Fanatec version of a FFB base. And the GaussCLS software does look really straight forward with a lot of tuning options for damping and oscillation behaviour... 😔 So sad!

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

12 hours ago, cordite said:

I went off the deep end, and purchased the Brunner. 🤑 YOLO

Does it work well with DCS?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

1 hour ago, QuiGon said:

Does it work well with DCS?

It works very well with the Chuls Arduino workaround, with the caveat, only for the warbirds, Mig-15 and the F-14. For the other hydraulic actuated and/or electro-mechanical FBW then the only FFB is the movement of the stick to trimming input, e.g. in the F-86 the stick actually moves as the aircraft trim is adjusted.

Heartblur clearly implemented the FFB for the F-14 module and it is good, but TBH I mainly fly the Warbirds/Korea War jets and the early cold war jets.

No idea about Helo's as apart from the pre-ordered Hind I don't have any and waiting for the Hind to mature before investing time in learning it, i.e. I am too lazy

• Thanks 1

PC: 9980XE @ 64GB RAM /2080Ti, Samsung C49RG90

Joystick bases: VKB GFIII, FSSB R3L, Brunner CLS-E, Virpil Mongoos CM2

Joystick grips: Realsimulator (F-18CGRH, F-16SGRH-CE), VKB (MCG Pro, F-14, KG-12), Virpil Warbrd

Throttles: Virpil CM2, Kantorrin,

Other: TrackIR, TM MFDx2 (Cubesim Screenx2), Virpil Control Panel 1