Force Feedback Joystick Coming soon

I’m very interested. This would be the definitive way to fly just like the force feedback wheels for racing sims. Too bad it’s for the Chinese market only, patent issues?

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Hopefully this will be available worldwide by next year. Otherwise, I might have to settle with a Brunner CLS-E which is a bit more than I'd like to spend. Wonder how well it would work with an extension tube though, as far as I know the Brunner base appears to be fine with that.

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

From conversation with an owner on Reddit, the F-14 and P-51 are well supported with nice force feedback effects. Most planes especially FBW ones are mostly sterile.

From conversation with an owner on Reddit, the F-14 and P-51 are well supported with nice force feedback effects. Most planes especially FBW ones are mostly sterile.

Some FBW aircraft have sticks similar to force feedback.

In RL Hornet for example the stick strength changes in different aircraft configurations...but I don’t think ed implemented it...the hornet has force built also in the pedals.

Other FBW aircraft has just a spring stick similar to our sticks usually with more strength needed to fully extend it.

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

I don't see much point to the Brunner unless it supports IL2 or DCS and preferably both. I like civ sims, but prefer using a yoke since most of those aircraft have yokes.

Yea Brunner needs to make a DirectX FFB mode already. Hopefully The New 500# Gorilla 2020 will encourage them.

• 4 weeks later...
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, I presume?

What else could attract millions of customers and several hundred 3rd party partners...

Hopefully we will have soon a ffb stick with proper forces

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

The market would really need a new push for a Force Feedback joysticks and wheels now when the patent is old and gone....

But I wouldn't take anymore anything mechanical, just magnetic forces.

Why I am making my own :D

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Hopefully :music_whistling:

Mechanical part is ready. Firmware is on final approach...

Mmm.....interesting

Would this accept thrustmaster grips?

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Would this accept thrustmaster grips?

It uses the same type of connector. However, at that price point it isn’t that much cheaper than the Brunner. So, unless this offers some novel features it would be a tough call for me, since Brunner has a long-standing reputation with proven support and reliability.

It would be great to see some kind of review of it being used in DCS, preferably the hornet.....

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

It would be great to see some kind of review of it being used in DCS, preferably the hornet.....

I don’t know much about this one but there is a guy in Brunner forum who uses the CLS-E with Realsim’s F-18 grip and according to him it is a perfect combo.

I don’t think FFB is well supported in DCS with Brunner’s device unless you fly F-14 (Heatblur really went above and beyond on this one for FFB support) or WW II planes, that is why I’m still waiting to see who would have the best solution for DCS.

I don’t know much about this one but there is a guy in Brunner forum who uses the CLS-E with Realsim’s F-18 grip and according to him it is a perfect combo.

I don’t think FFB is well supported in DCS with Brunner’s device unless you fly F-14 (Heatblur really went above and beyond on this one for FFB support) or WW II planes, that is why I’m still waiting to see who would have the best solution for DCS.

Yeah...for FBW aircraft FFB is not indispensable. But some real life FBW jets have effects similar to Force Feedback.

Just the Hornet is an example of this...both on the stick and the pedals.

Of course it doesn't shake when buffeting, but it changes its behavior depending on the FCS configuration...

So if properly implemented by ED a FFB stick would be worth it.

Brunner CLS-E's problem is the lacking Direct Input FFB support. They have to use telemetry data from DCS which is missing several effects. However a good old MS Sidewinder or a Logitech G940 is perfectly working in DCS (except the Gazelle). You have FFB for trim forces (trimming moves the stick) and extras like stalling or runway bumps. The absolute best are helicopters, here you have fantastic force trim support - makes DCS the best Heli sim out there. Playing DCS without an FFB stick is like playing a racing sim without FFB on the wheel. You are missing a lot, sadly...

It's about time for a new gen of FFB sticks...

Edited by Alec Delorean
  • Like 1

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

Brunner CLS-E's problem is the lacking Direct Input FFB support. They have to use telemetry data from DCS which is missing several effects. However a good old MS Sidewinder or a Logitech G940 is perfectly working in DCS (except the Gazelle). You have FFB for trim forces (trimming moves the stick) and extras like stalling or runway bumps. The absolute best are helicopters, here you have fantastic force trim support - makes DCS the best Heli sim out there. Playing DCS without an FFB stick is like playing a racing sim without FFB on the wheel. You are missing a lot, sadly...

It's about time for a new gen of FFB sticks...

I agree. I've had my MS FFB2 for some months now. Was a game changer for helos. Working fine for me in the Gazelle though. What's wrong there? Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Anyway, there's a truly lack of FFB in DCS for some modules (airplanes), and the effects don't seem to be "equally" implemented through the modules. I've found that for me, one of the best are actually the free MB-339.

Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

• 8 months later...