GRIPEN MOD

Did the same with the Eurofighter. Ok, that´s fooling around with the JF-17, but it´s funny!

Screen_200608_170539.png

Screen_200608_170517.png

Ok, before I will look after the Gripen and make the package ready, what would you think about something like a chinese weapons to western weapons mod?

Means: SD-10 to AIM-120D, PL-5 to AIM9X, LD-10 to AGM-88, C701 to AGM-65D and G, C-802AK to Harpoon or the WMD7 to Litening.

That´s to avoid flying the Gripen with chinese weapons or to fly the JF-17 with western weapons with correct parameters (AIM-120D is very powerful!)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, no problem, but there are some issues!

I´m new to modding and so I can´t change the flight model. I´ve tried to alter the config.lua and replace it with the F-16 flight model parameters, but it has no effect on the flight model! So this is actually a JF-17 with external Gripen model.

There also some issues with bombs on the inner pylons. The bombs are too high on the pylons.

I previously released the Western Weapons mod for the JF-17. You´ll find it in the JF-17 sub-forums.

Maybe someone could help me with the flight model, otherwise, I´ll put the download link here.

The JF-17 is ugly? Don´t think so! It looks like an F-16/F-18 and Gripen hybrid, but it isn´t ugly I think.

Look at SU-24, MiG-23 or the F-4 Phantom! These are ugly aircraft, but not the JF-17!

Is that ugly???

Screen_200329_113747.png

The JF-17 is ugly? Don´t think so! It looks like an F-16/F-18 and Gripen hybrid, but it isn´t ugly I think.

Look at SU-24, MiG-23 or the F-4 Phantom! These are ugly aircraft, but not the JF-17!

Is that ugly???

Screen_200329_113747.png

Yes, it is ugly :lol:

F-4 or MiG-23 are gorgeous compared to the Jeff. It looks cheap.

The Jeff doesn´t look cheap. It has a typical 4th gen design like F-16 or F-18. It´s designed as a light weight multirole aircraft with up to date (but not state of the art) avionics.

Look at F-16 Block 60 cockpit.

F4 Phantom Ugly ??? Wash your mouth out....seriously.....SU24 looks pretty cool as well IMHO, and, the Mig23 has some interesting proportions but not "ugly" ? :D

Me personally would just leave the jf-17 flight model. The biggest reason I don’t like it is that the jf-17 is ugly as hell.

Fighter jets are more like: "kick-ass" or "non kick-ass" rather than ugly, or beautiful for girl jet fighter planes, or perhaps handsome for boy jet fighter planes...

JF-17 is in my eyes definitely a "kick-ass" looking plane :)

Kind regards,

Mimes

"Joined forum in 2004 but flying Flanker since 1995 :o)"

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

GRIPEN MOD

Hey so I have taken this way farther than I planned and actually modded the flight model to get it as close as I can to the Gripen C. Only issue I am having now is getting the fuel probe animations and the lights working. The Ai can use both but as a player I can’t find what to mod to make it work.

I am actually trying to find a modder to pay just to fix the last bit but so far no takers.

Edited by Neon

• 1 month later...
Hey so I have taken this way farther than I planned and actually modded the flight model to get it as close as I can to the Gripen C. Only issue I am having now is getting the fuel probe animations and the lights working. The Ai can use both but as a player I can’t find what to mod to make it work.

I am actually trying to find a modder to pay just to fix the last bit but so far no takers.

Hi Jerec & Neon!

First of all, THANKS for an AWESOME mod! I'm from Sweden so being able to fly the Gripen (at least almost!) is a huge thing!

I've fiddled around a bit with a version you released and managed to get some of the external lights working. I can't figure out how to get the strobe on the fin or the landing lights to work though...

I also made another skin for it that looks like the paint the Swedish Airforce use :)

Do you have any recent release you could let us download?

Edited by Breadmaker91

• 1 month later...