GRIPEN MOD

17 minutes ago, Weezer said:

So I just had a look at the JF-17 model in Modelviewer...seems like the "Probe" arg for the Jeff, is 901, and it's not an animation, just show/hide the probe.

Also I noticed that in the args list in Modelviewer, I can't seem to find a No. 22 arg.

But I'm sure I've seen it listed in one of the .Lua files...

We just need to figure out a way to trigger that animation! Do we know if the Gripen probe actually works filling fuel?

Peace,

Fred

Yes Gripen AAR is possible. Regarding arg 22, is it on the jf or gripen model?

2 hours ago, Weezer said:

So I just had a look at the JF-17 model in Modelviewer...seems like the "Probe" arg for the Jeff, is 901, and it's not an animation, just show/hide the probe.

Also I noticed that in the args list in Modelviewer, I can't seem to find a No. 22 arg.

But I'm sure I've seen it listed in one of the .Lua files...

We just need to figure out a way to trigger that animation! Do we know if the Gripen probe actually works filling fuel?

Peace,

Fred

So basically you all are right. For the JF-17 the fuel boom is not animated but for the Gripen it is. So right now you can have them install the boom and the gripen will extend but there is no way to put it back and its not animated. The Ai, which will fire whatever ARG it needs to, can already refuel. I do know that I need to fix the the boom location just a little bit, its a tiny bit to far down.

2 hours ago, fatspacepanda said:

Yes Gripen AAR is possible. Regarding arg 22, is it on the jf or gripen model?

22 is the DCS wide arg used for the refueling probe or probe door. Most of the planes use arg 22. I had the VSN guys make it so arg 22 and 901 will fire the animation for the probe.

On 2/5/2021 at 2:45 PM, fatspacepanda said:

Please excuse my noob question.. Does it matter what lua file has the code for changing argument value?

I mean in theory yes. I would have to know more about what your talking about. I mean people can use the same code as the JF-17 if they dont care about the probe being able to be stowed.

I'm really liking all of the support for the mod on this forum. 

There's a decent cockpit model for the grippen on turbosquid...if I was to purchase said cockpit for this mod, would any one/ones be willing to help me take this mod to the next level?

To anyone who knows anything about modding knows that this is a taller order than it may seem but it CAN be done with a bit of time and love. 

• Like 2

Hi!
I just want to express my gratitude to all of you that made it possible for me to fly my country's aircraft, the Gripen! 🇸🇪 
Thank you!! 

Edited by Ulvar40

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz | Asus tuf gaming B560M-Plus | RGB DDR4 3200MHz 64GB Asus GeForce RTX 2060 DUAL EVO | HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS Warthog

[MA] Ulvar - YouTube

On 2/6/2021 at 9:52 PM, Neon said:

I mean in theory yes. I would have to know more about what your talking about. I mean people can use the same code as the JF-17 if they dont care about the probe being able to be stowed.

I was wondering if it can be done from jf17.lua with a function triggered by a key press

On 2/6/2021 at 11:47 PM, Vine_dog said:

I'm really liking all of the support for the mod on this forum. 

There's a decent cockpit model for the grippen on turbosquid...if I was to purchase said cockpit for this mod, would any one/ones be willing to help me take this mod to the next level?

To anyone who knows anything about modding knows that this is a taller order than it may seem but it CAN be done with a bit of time and love. 

I can help

38 minutes ago, Ulvar40 said:

Hi!
I just want to express my gratitude to all of you that made it possible for me to fly my country's aircraft, the Gripen! 🇸🇪 
Thank you!! 

Dcs behöver gripen

@Vine_dog "There's a decent cockpit model for the grippen on turbosquid..."

Yeah, I thought about buying one of the available 3D pit models out there, and I came across an even better pit than the one on turbosquid.

https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/aircraft/military/jas-39-c-gripen-cockpit

"Jas-39 C Gripen cockpit. Geometrically correct as much as possible (not 3d scanned, drawed from pics and blueprint). Every main assembly is organized to its own layer, subassemblies to sublayers, to easily switch on/off. Every object is separated for further editing. Unfortunatelly it is not unwrapped and has overlap, because it was originally designed to import DCS World. And DCS is not sensitive for that."

From what it seems, this cockpit model was intended to be for this guys Gripen Mod. Read up on his thread, and he made some great progress, but unforunately the project stalled out.

Tried to contact him here on the forum, but to no avail...

Maby we could get togehter a few of us, collect some money and make the purchase, and see what can be done with it?

If not, I'll buy it myself, lol

Peace,

/Fred

• Like 2

That is really cool! 

I have no knowledge or idea of how that cockpit model could be used in DCS. But if it would be possible to incorporate it, to any extent - I'm in. The cost of the model is not an issue.

On 2/3/2021 at 2:45 AM, fatspacepanda said:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_BajbETcXr-AwD34q56jHfpRH2BY4dtJ?usp=sharing

Cockpit headrest is in the right place, refueling of external tanks work and model isnt floating anymore.

Meteor and pod- pylon is still not recognized by sms system. 

Liveries are Gray swedish paintjob, Made By Breadmaker and the gripen E splinter 6002 made by me

That's the JF-17 version : overwrite the Jeff files

The F15 one (VSN) is here: https://filehorst.de/folder.php?key=drM4dWUf just put under your userfiles

Just to be clear, most of the new stuff you see here is for the Jeff version. @Jerec, @Neon, @fatspacepandamaybe it's time to start a new thread with your work. Have someone maintain the first post with the known issues and links.

Edited by whisky.actual

• 1 month later...