ADF bug in several missions

I am unable to set ADF in several missions, for example in mission 1 - Batumi 430 kHz, in mission 2 - Kobuleti 490 kHz. I tested Kobuleti's outer beacon (870 kHz) - doesn't work either (tested in mission 2).

In mission 3 I easily picked up Kutaisi's NDB (477 kHz). I've also tested Batumi NDBs in mission 3 - with no luck.

In some missions Batumi (430 kHz) is ok.

I generally have no problem using ADF in Huey and I tested all these NDBs during my flights (missions outside of this campaign) - with no problem.

• Like 1

Hi there, thanks for reporting this.

ADF freqs are not dictated by the mission design so it would be strange if this is happening only in specific missions - campaigns.

Will check it tonight though and let you know.

Greg

• Thanks 1

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/5/2020 at 4:43 PM, Gunnar81 said:

I notice on Mission 4 the ADF freq for Batumi (430Mhz) points the needle off in an entirely wrong direction as well.

That's right ! 

I have this problem too, and it seems that the Huey ADF is totally broken in DCS.

Any idea someone ?

• Like 2

Its only in the Argo Campaign where I run into these problems. I have a hunch that it is just the age of the mission files that have been affected by various open beta upgrades. I believe the campaign is a couple years old now so who knows how they handle all of these updates.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Well, I got as far as Mission 11. 
Haven't gotten any major ADF issues, as long as I tune correctly. But sometimes, I had to do some extreme fine tuning, back an forth.
As you know, 490 is Kobuleti and 430 for Batumi. Those frequencies are hardcoded into the map, so I don't think it's campaign related, (says so in post #2). But you might get incorrect instructions in one mission IIRC.
Or @Gunnar81 's theory might as well be correct.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It's not a fault with the campaign. ED in their infinite wisdom decided that when the ILS is turned off for a certain runway (because the other direction is being used, for example), the inner/outer beacons are also disabled. And if the airport only has ILS from one direction and only one set of beacons, and the ILS is turned off because the wind is blowing from that way and the ATC wants you to VFR land from the other direction, none of the beacons will function. If the ADF needle points to a different direction, you picked up another beacon near to the non-functioning one that you wanted. For example Senaki outer is on 688 KHz while Maykop is on 682. Yes, it will get picked up from 300 miles through the entire Caucasian mountains just to make you miserable.

Edited by gachatar
  • Like 4

• 3 months later...

@BIGNEWYCould this be reported please to the team? If it is what Gachatar says, it is bad coded, because ADF should be always turn on, unless battle around. But I have found this problem in several campaigns-missions where the ADF station was turned off because wind direction. Senaki for example 688 and 335

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...