Operation Snowfox - Persian Gulf PvE Playground

Every time an update or repair is done you will need to de-santize again. Make sure the sim is not running when you change the missionscripting.lua file. Once you have made the change and saved it, then reload the sim and try it again. Also check that SnowfoxUnitInterment.lua and SnowfoxStaticInterment.lua still exist in your DCS installation folder. Let me know how you go.

Just an FYI related to those two files. There did have several items listed, however, after updating to v117 both files are now blank.

vCAPT Scott "LoVis" Gray

Chief of Naval Personnel

Virtual United States Navy - VUSN

vusn.org

Persistence seems to no longer work for me. When I reload the mission the target's that were destroyed are back. I backed up the mission script lua and changed it to reflect as instructed.

sanitizeModule('os')

--sanitizeModule('io')

--sanitizeModule('lfs')

require = nil

loadlib = nil

I backed up the mission script lua file before DCS hotfix update.

Are you editing it within the ‘saved games’ folder or the main DCS folder? Found out that made a difference for me.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

DCS main folder there's no file missionscript lua in saved games/scripts folder

Odd. I have one in each location. Format of encoding change within Notepad++ ?

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I copied the missionscripting.lua so it is in both the main install folder, along with the saved games folder. Feel like I read that was something that should be done, but don't quote me on this 100%.

I can tell you that there are no adverse side effects from doing so, that I have experienced from that method.

Have been able to "continue" the mission as if it were a campaign, with the persistent progress. Not sure how far along I am, but have flown dozens of sorties and pushed enemy defenses way back. Can fly with impunity all along the coast lines without threat of SAM engagements and able to do some serious ground pounding as a result.

Surrexen would most likely be able to tell you exactly what do to as a fix if that is the preferred method.

Cheers,

Don

same behaviour here;

Missionscripting is desanitized previously & no file created at main folder :/

Makes me think that it doesn't have permissions to save to the folder or something, have a look at the dcs.log file and see what it says.

I did the "desanitize" stuff. I have the "SnowfoxUnitInterment.lua" with this inside (after playing a little)

SnowfoxUnitInterment = {}

SnowfoxUnitInterment[1] = "Qeshm Island - Mobile Radar"

SnowfoxUnitInterment[2] = "Qeshm Island - SAM 1 1"

is that right? thanks! and the idea of persistence is great. Hope is working fine here :)

I have the mission a try yesterday.

Very cool with all the voiceovers! But for me the F-16 is still too limited, according to all the "Destroy AAA" missions and all the Sams I had.

So I guess I will try the Hornet next time, since I have more options against all the air defences...

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

I have the mission a try yesterday.

Very cool with all the voiceovers! But for me the F-16 is still too limited, according to all the "Destroy AAA" missions and all the Sams I had.

So I guess I will try the Hornet next time, since I have more options against all the air defences...

As Trolling Thunder said, use the radio menu to call in some SEAD support, or whatever else you need. Also under radio menu is skip mission if you want to try a different target etc :thumbup:

I have a couple of questions if any one could be kind enough to answer them I’d really appreciate it :)

1) I’ve done the thing with the thing to turn on persistence, but when I go into the mission planner the Units I e destroyed are still there, is this normal? I’m looking forward to trying to take out the sa 10 sites but not if they are going to reappear.

2) is time of day randomised, and if not can I change it in the mission editor without scuppering the persistence (assuming it’s working)?

Ps fantastic work by the way, so much more fun than making my own (predictable) missions

I have a couple of questions if any one could be kind enough to answer them I’d really appreciate it :)

1) I’ve done the thing with the thing to turn on persistence, but when I go into the mission planner the Units I e destroyed are still there, is this normal? I’m looking forward to trying to take out the sa 10 sites but not if they are going to reappear.

2) is time of day randomised, and if not can I change it in the mission editor without scuppering the persistence (assuming it’s working)?

Ps fantastic work by the way, so much more fun than making my own (predictable) missions

1. The units don't get removed from the map until the mission starts, so yes they will show up on the planner ... can't do anything about that.

2. Time of day is not randomized, you can't change it once the mission starts so it is not affected by persistency. You can change the time of day to whatever you like.

Go get em'

lua's

It only creates a pair of .lua files that contain the names of the units etc that have been killed.

Can you tell me where these files are in the root and what there named?

I dont think its generating these files and if not is there a way to manually crate them and put what target's were killed into the lua's to load next time? If you have Tacview running do you think it my be preventing the 2 files from being written ? Thanks

Edited by Quae Tinnungulus

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 3820 32GB NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB TM Warthog Flight Controller & Pedals Odyssey+ WMR Headset TrackIR5 Win10

I dont think its generating these files and if not is there a way to manually crate them and put what target's were killed into the lua's to load next time? Thanks

SnowfoxUnitInterment.lua (list of the dead units)

SnowfoxStaticInterment.lua (list of the dead statics)

If the files have not been generated, it is likely an issue with permissions. If they don't generate, they won't write/update either so I wouldn't bother making them manually. They get put into the root DCS installation folder (not the saved games folder).

I dont think its generating these files and if not is there a way to manually crate them and put what target's were killed into the lua's to load next time? If you have Tacview running do you think it my be preventing the 2 files from being written ? Thanks

I had the same issue - solved by opening DCS in administrator mode: right click DCS shortcut, then click "Run as administrator"

I think I missed something here

Do I now have the ability to save Snowfox progress and continue on my next DCS session?

I checked the OP and read back a few pages of this thread, but couldn't find information on this. Could someone please point out to me how to activate this? Right now I always start the mission from scratch (which is no punishment, but to be able to save progress would be fantastic :pilotfly:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I think I missed something here

Do I now have the ability to save Snowfox progress and continue on my next DCS session?

I checked the OP and read back a few pages of this thread, but couldn't find information on this. Could someone please point out to me how to activate this? Right now I always start the mission from scratch (which is no punishment, but to be able to save progress would be fantastic :pilotfly:

Go back through the thread and look at the bit talking about the de-sanitizing process. If you do that the mission saves progress by itself now.