Operation Snowfox - Persian Gulf PvE Playground

I think it’s page 10 :)

Ahh yes I found it :thumbup:

(stopped my search back through this thread around page 12 :smilewink:)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

SnowfoxUnitInterment.lua (list of the dead units)

SnowfoxStaticInterment.lua (list of the dead statics)

If the files have not been generated, it is likely an issue with permissions. If they don't generate, they won't write/update either so I wouldn't bother making them manually. They get put into the root DCS installation folder (not the saved games folder).

Yes I think it was a permission problem, I tried running in Admin but didn't generate file's. I tried to change permissions for DCS but wasn't sure how to do it correctly I dug up some info on installing DCS outside of \program files\ in windows to have more control over DCS and that worked. After reinstalling DCS outside program files in the root directory and running snowfox both files appeared in DCS's root directory. Great mission , thanks to you and all that helped getting persistence to work .:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 3820 32GB NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB TM Warthog Flight Controller & Pedals Odyssey+ WMR Headset TrackIR5 Win10

Question for you Snowfoxers ... who would be interested in a playground for the Sabre and MiG-15 ... some sort of Korean War thing built on Caucasus as a stand in map since there is no Korean map?

Edit: Oh yeah also I will add Huey's to Snowfox and Clear Field ... will probably wait for JF-17 to drop before I add that stuff in for next update.

Edited by Surrexen

Question for you Snowfoxers ... who would be interested in a playground for the Sabre and MiG-15 ... some sort of Korean War thing built on Caucasus as a stand in map since there is no Korean map?

Edit: Oh yeah also I will add Huey's to Snowfox and Clear Field ... will probably wait for JF-17 to drop before I add that stuff in for next update.

I enjoy Snowfox just the way it is sir, have made a few modifications on my end to make the single player experience just a bit different, but very minor modifications. As long as you don't take this away from me somehow, you do that voodoo that you do sir!

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I enjoy Snowfox just the way it is sir, have made a few modifications on my end to make the single player experience just a bit different, but very minor modifications. As long as you don't take this away from me somehow, you do that voodoo that you do sir!

Cheers,

Don

Completely agree.. I’ve been playing this mission non-stop every day off-and-on for several weeks now... it’s awesome... Im slowly grinding away at the enemy thanks to the addition of persistence. I’ve made a few tweaks myself (added some user flags to allow adjustment to the number of active enemy caps, tweaked the default load outs & added a few A-10s and F-16s to the Khasab airbase).

One thing I’ve been looking into is augmenting the “Other” menu to add the ability to select a specific mission but I’ve had a thought...

Surrexen do you think it’s technically possible to add the current active mission number as a variable exported to a persistent file? As a single player I find myself getting assigned a mission, spend a decent amount of time whittling away at the defenses (sometimes multiple sorties) then essentially run out of playtime to actually finish that mission.. I’d love have that mission number saved so when I load up again later I’m assigned that last mission so I can sort of pick up where I left off... based on what you know is that even possible?

i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS ROG Z390 MAXIMUS XI HERO, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080Ti 11GB, 32GB DDR4 @ 3866MHZ, 1TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, 1TB WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD, Oculus Rift S

Cheers,

Don

Of course not, Snowfox and Clear Field will just get Huey's and JF-17 added. What I mean is a totally separate mission for the Sabre and MiG-15. Since there isn't much content that ships with those modules, I pretty much have to build something for myself with those two planes anyway. Just want to see how many others would be interested in it. I'll probably make the area over Zugdidi 'MiG Alley' or something and the river than runs through that area can be the stand in for the Yalu river ... something like that anyway.

Edited by Surrexen

Of course not, Snowfox and Clear Field will just get Huey's and JF-17 added. What I mean is a totally separate mission for the Sabre and MiG-15. Since there isn't much content that ships with those modules, I pretty much have to build something for myself with those two planes anyway. Just want to see how many others would be interested in it.

:doh:

I completely misinterpreted/misread your post. Disregard, and I shall happily continue flying.... :pilotfly:

Personally don't own either of those two aircraft, so zero useful input from me. Carry on... :music_whistling:

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Can someone give me a clear and precise instruction list of how to do this sanitizing lark for persistence please? i have looked through at previous posts but i don't understand what they are telling me to do. Do i have to run the mission once to create the .lua and then edit it or....???

Sounds really cool just not very clear to get started with SP persistance

Can someone give me a clear and precise instruction list of how to do this sanitizing lark for persistence please? i have looked through at previous posts but i don't understand what they are telling me to do. Do i have to run the mission once to create the .lua and then edit it or....???

Sounds really cool just not very clear to get started with SP persistance

Read this: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4044273&postcount=94

so basically...do as instructed to the lua as above, enter the mission in ME, change game mode flag value to "1", save the mission, exit ME, play mission from missions menu and every time i enter this mission it will persist from my previous progress?

Awesome.

:thumbup: I would be. I know the F-86 doesn’t have a big following, but those of us that have it would be interested I think.

Curious how/if you would implement Sams. Seeing as there are no countermeasures, would it be mostly dogfights, or ground attacks?

:thumbup: I would be. I know the F-86 doesn’t have a big following, but those of us that have it would be interested I think.

Curious how/if you would implement Sams. Seeing as there are no countermeasures, would it be mostly dogfights, or ground attacks?

Also interested, most definately. Just tried PG for the first time and it is great. Makes you use your systems 100% as you have no real idea what to expect when you head out. Very cool

So with snowfox persistance, Is the mission you were on previously supposed to persist into the next game or is it just the entities? Just curious as i have got the lua files showing persistance being written but when i went back to the AO (snowfox) i didn't have the previous mission i was in the middle of.

If there were a way to allow that it would be even better although right now i am having a great time with it.

Good job

No SAMs, although I might use Flak from the WW2 assets ... not sure yet. Yes it's mostly going to be ground attack and dogfighting around the fake Yalu river :P The dogfighting part is already functional, just have to 'tune' it in so to speak. Turned out running into flights of 3x MiG-15's when you are on your own in Sabre is beyond my abilities :)

Edited by Surrexen

So with snowfox persistance, Is the mission you were on previously supposed to persist into the next game or is it just the entities? Just curious as i have got the lua files showing persistance being written but when i went back to the AO (snowfox) i didn't have the previous mission i was in the middle of.

If there were a way to allow that it would be even better although right now i am having a great time with it.

Good job

Only the units and statics will be persistent at the moment. I have considered making the mission number itself persistent as well, but was going to look into that when the Syria map comes out (if it ever comes out ... waiting is painful). You could use the skip mission from the radio menu and try your luck on re-rolling the one you were on before, although with a total of 120 missions to pick from ...

Edited by Surrexen

Apologise if this has been asked already, but is it possible to do missions with a wingman in sp? Can I add one in the ME? I’m sure they will end up ejecting because of poor fuel management, but the extra bombs/missiles would be helpful :)

You can add one for sure but if I remember right then they will not respawn if the same client slot is used a second time. Feel free to test. It may be beneficial to create a reserve flight that also has a wingman?

Really like this mission.

I've been having trouble with the AI support flights. They all get balled up trying to land/Depart Khasab so I can't get new support flights for a different area. Maybe have the support flights RTB somewhere with more runways.

Also the ships around Havadarya, they seem to not be persistent? I destroyed them, and when I restarted the mission they were back again.

Is there a way to dial back the A to A threats a little bit? Thanks again. Love the mission.

PC

i7 7700k

Gigabyte Z270

MSI GTX 1070

32gb DDR4

500gb EVO 850 SSD DCS

500gb EVO 960 NVMe SSD Windows

Really like this mission.

I've been having trouble with the AI support flights. They all get balled up trying to land/Depart Khasab so I can't get new support flights for a different area. Maybe have the support flights RTB somewhere with more runways.

Also the ships around Havadarya, they seem to not be persistent? I destroyed them, and when I restarted the mission they were back again.

Is there a way to dial back the A to A threats a little bit? Thanks again. Love the mission.

Ships at Havararya should be persistent, worked last time I looked ... I will check it. Are you running the mission set to single player or multiplayer mode? Khasab gets busy when all flights come back to land, sometimes it will take a while for all flights to get their landing clearance.

Basically no I won't be reducing the air defences, the air defences are set as real-world as possible (same with Operation Clear Field) with the exception of the SA-11 site at Bandar Lengeh. Also waiting to be able to convert the SA-10 at Bandar Abbas to an SA-5 whenever the SA-5 gets released. This was one of the major reasons for implementing persistence in the first place so that progress on breaking down those defences would not be lost between play sessions.

Edit: I can confirm persistence for ships is working, take a look at your SnowfoxUnitInterment.lua file and see if the destroyed ships are listed in the file. If they are not in there, then the file must not have permissions to save.

Edited by Surrexen